Saturday, October 2, 2010

Insurance Update

How about an update on my insurance nightmare? Last time I wrote about it, I was in shock that all of our beloved doctors did not accept our new insurance and we would have to start from scratch on all accounts. Since, I have stalked the BCBS website/call center every single day. They searched for us by Toms SSN and FINALLY, they located us this past Wednesday. As we knew, we were insured since Sept. 1 but we had no access to that information until Sept. 29th! Obnoxios? I think so!

Thank goodness they processed our paperwork then, because I had an appt. at my new OB/GYN on Friday. I called Thursday to choose my medical group and will get a card in the mail in 7-10 days. I still need to do that for Tom and Trevor, and soon since Trevor needs to get his ears re-checked next week! Anyway, I went to a new gyno a friend recommended and really liked the office. The doctor was kind and thorough. She wrote me a referral right away. She did a pap and another culture needed for the referral. She did a quick physical and I was on my way. I told her I hoped to see her soon as her OB patient. The woman at the front said the referral could take until next Monday to process. I told her we have an appointment on Saturday the 9th, if we could make it happen. She said she would try her best and give me a call Friday to let me know if there are any problems.

I picked up my file from our previous RE and they waived the $50 fee. Toms going to drop that by the new RE on Monday. We filled out our new patient questionairres on the website earlier today. I really cant believe were starting from scratch with a new doctor. I am going to walk in on Saturday, tell him I want my FET ASAP and see what he says..:0). I am really praying we dont have to jump through a lot of hurdles before a FET. I know we will have to move the embryos ourselves at one point. Still cant wrap my head around that..

So, Im allowing myself to get excited for this new chapter in our lives. Operation baby #2 officially starts on Saturday. I just want to celebrate Christmas with a baby in the womb. Is that too much to ask?

9 comments:

Bobbi said...

I have the same Christmas wish. Hopefully both our wishes come true! :)

Amber said...

Sounds like you're on top of everything! Keep us updated and I hope everything goes well!

Stace said...

Christmas Wish Babies all around! :) Here's for hoping that the dream comes true!

Mama Dub said...

You know.. I had that same thought in 2008. I just wanted to be pregnant before Christmas. Guess what... I found out I was pregnant on Christmas EVE! Best Christmas present ever!

Kelli said...

Hi! I've been following your blog since since before either of us were pregnant! It was great to read about someone else going through IVF, pregnancy and childbirth at the exact same time I was! I should have commented before now. Trevor is such a cutie! I, like you, have baby fever again already. We're saving again for another cycle! Great to hear from you. :)

The Two of Us said...

Hoping this Christmas makes all of our dreams come true:)

The Pifer's said...

Praying for you sweet friend!!

Amber said...

Glad to hear you have some progress and like your new doctor! Hope your appointment this week goes well and you can do the transfer asap.

J said...

Nope, not too much to ask for at all! Best Christmas gift, if you ask me! :)

I'm glad you like your new dr...here's to a baby by Christmas!