Sunday, September 26, 2010

Perfect Saturday

We had a pretty low key weekend; just what the doctor ordered. No, really, Trevor took a trip to the ER Friday night(only reason we went there was because we don't have a new pediatrician yet) and was diagnosed with a double ear infection. His right ear is considered severe. He had a cold that cleared up and apparently its common for it to turn into an ear infection shortly after. He had a fever Thursday-Friday afternoon and wasn't urinating. We took him in to be safe and sure enough, he was pretty sick. He has been on amoxocillan since and it a bit fussy, but getting better.

Anyway, Saturday morning I let Tom sleep in. Trevor and I played and made pancakes and sausage for breakfast. We returned a few emails and hung out until Daddy got up.


We ran a few short errands and got home with enough time for a walk before lunch. We tested out his wagon for the first time. The pictures tell it all-he LOVED it. That's his new "cheese" face, by the way.




We had lunch and Trevor went down for a nap. I went to get a manicure and pedicure. I tried out a new salon close to our condo and loved it! They weren't rushed, and whatever they used on my legs was amazing! I'm so glad to have found a new place for when I allow myself to be pampered!
We relaxed for a bit and then had to get ready for our night out. Tom and I attended a cocktail party for the boy Tom is running the marathon for. His name is Sam and he has Muscular Dystrophy. We left Trev with out good friends and he was asleep 30 minutes after being there. We enjoyed wine, appetizers and good conversation. They had this presentation about whats being done with the money and it was so amazing to be a part of it.



Around 9:30pm, Jill and I had to leave to make our show. We went downtown to see Chelsea Handler! We had awesome seats and she was hilarious! We got home at 2am, which was way past this Mamas bedtime!
I love days like that..family time, couple time, friend time, and me time all in ONE day!!

2 comments:

Amber said...

Love the new "cheese" smile! :)

DomestiKatie. said...

I'm new to your blog- just found it through my friend Anne (the Makings of a Baby Ostie)!
I have to say, your layout is GORGEOUS and so is your beautiful family. <3 I'm so glad you guys got your miracle baby, and I hope it proves to be easier for him to get a sibling!

http://domestikatiemakesababy.blogspot.com