Thursday, September 2, 2010

Opinions Please!!

Its appears I have gotten my period. It wont be full flow until late, so tomorrow will mark CD 1 after 58 days! Now heres my question-Do I call in a CD3 bloodwork/ultrasound appoint for my clinic and act like I stopped breastfeeding a week ago? Or do I chance having another marathon cycle and being pushed back a few more months?

My doc wanted me to be 100% done and THEN get a period. I need to get the blood and ultrasound and an updated physical and then the next period is when we would do my transfer of the precious frozen embryos. I am still nursing, but I am getting next to nothing out. I am only holding on one more week to make Florida travels a bit easier. Plus, people get pregnant while nursing all the time!

Theres a chance I could go in and have my numbers out of whack and be told to wait another month anyway. Plus, with Tom not having new insurance info yet, itd be paid for out of pocket and reimbursed later. *Side note-Tom finally was told he will get reimbursed for his equipment. Get this-$1300 spent so far and will likely reach the $2000 mark. They reimburse you $650-NEXT October.What the heck?!* Anyway, what do you think? Should I listen to the doc and wait for another period that may not come until 2011 or go in and take my chances of my body being ready to hold a pregnancy!? They close soon so I'm going to talk with Tom about it tonight and call in the morning if we decide to go ahead with it!

I feel like Ill regret it if I am stuck waiting around another 2 months to get the ball rolling. BUT if we do go forward with the FET and the embryos don't stick, will I regret rushing things and blame myself?!

14 comments:

The Thai Family said...

I would listen to your doctor and be completely done breastfeeding. There has to be a good reason why they are asking you to be done first.

Jenni said...

i would definitely go with what the Dr says. Maybe explain your situation and tell them you plan to stop BF after next week and see what they say.

Stace said...

I would listen... but as soon as you do stop, is there a chance that you can get a prescription for provera to get you started? Good luck!

Jessica said...

I think your body is going to regulate more when you get back from Florida - I think it may have been because you slowed down the nursing but then picked back up again... I know for myself, I could take it down to once a day nursing, and my body still holds on and won't ovulate until I am completely finished (so frustrating!) So... while I know you don't want to wait, and I know every day feels like a year when you want to be pregnant again, I think the disappointment of having the b/w done and STILL having to wait might be even worse...? If it were me, I'd hate to wait, but I think that's what I would do.

Jessica@The Southern Belle Baby said...

As much as you don't want to hear this, I would wait and listen to the doctor. You want everything to work perfectly, so I think it would be for the best. Give those embies the best possible start!

Beth said...

I would wait. In the long run, it is better to make sure your body is ready for the transfer instead of rushing it and lowering your chances of it working. Enjoy your trip without having to worry about all of this!!
And really...only $650?? that is ridiculous!! I couldn't believe that you had to pay for all of that outright? I assume you can at least deduct the rest on your taxes

Bobbi Johnson said...

I think I'd wait. Do as your doctor asks. All of your levels and such need to get back on track and with a super long cycle like you had, it's obvious things aren't normal due to breast feeding. Just wait it out. I know you're anxious (trust me...I know that feeling), but this next cycle could be a lot better, especially if you stop breast feeding and then your levels will be balanced and your body will be ready for the FET. Either way, it's not ready right now. Good luck, friend!

Joy said...

Call tell them that you have largely weaned (1 feeding a day?) and see what they say. I'm also betting that your next cycle will come much sooner than 50-something days.

Ashley said...

As much as I would hate for someone to say this to me, I would trust your doctors. I would rather wait a few more months than always wonder if I wasted my frozens. Because then a whole new fresh cycle is so much more costly...for us anyway. But that is just my opinion. Of course do what you and your Hubs feel is best for you guys.

Courtney said...

I read all the advice and I think I agree. Do what's right for you, but...speaking as someone who hasn't had a period in almost 4 months, our bodies are so wonky right now that we just have to wait it out. But sometimes this feels harder than the 2ww!
Good luck and let us know what you choose!

Finally a Mommy! said...

I would call your doctor and be completely honest. I would tell them you are ready to do a FET even though you are still BF. Did they say your chances are lower if you are BF? If not, then I would go for it.

Kahla said...

I'd wait. I know you want it and it's hard to wait, but if it's what's recommended by your Dr. I'd go with it. Just look at it as a couple of extra months for just a family of three to enjoy because a family of four is so different (good, but different).

kim_brough said...

Doc wouldn't say be done unless he wanted you to be done.

Stephanie said...

I think I'd stick with what the doctor says. I know you really want to go ahead and get it done but I'm sure there is a reason for what they are saying.

That's insane with the reimbursement - wow so you only got like 1/3 of it back. Wow!