Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Labor Day Weekend

We had a very low key Labor Day weekend. Friday night, Tom observed in the jail while I babysat. Saturday, Tom golfed in the morning and I went to get my hair done. We went to our friends, Anthony and Whitney's, wedding Saturday evening. My brother came to pick up Trevor and drive him up to the cottage where my Mom and family took care of him. We really enjoyed the night out as adults. The wedding was quick and hilarious. Hilarious? Yes, the pastor may have taken the wrong career path and wanted to be a stand up comedian..Anyway, we mingled before the reception started and had an absolute blast. They are one of the first couples of our friends to tie the knot, ya know, other than me and Tom forever ago, an I cant wait to attend more in the future!



Jill and Joe


Jamie and Kory

I LOVED my dress and appreciated Jill taking this picture to display it. :)




Tom had so much fun with these kids. Some woman came up to me and said, "What is he? Everyones favorite Uncle?" I said, Yep!

Cha-cha slide

We had so much fun dancing the night away. Tom really needed a night to let loose after the first week. Also, I was walking over to hear someone ask him what he does for a living? You should have seen the smile beaming from his face when he answered. It sounded so good coming out of his mouth! Its a wonderful blessing to be excited when you answer that question!

After the wedding, I drove us up to the cottage, where Trevor was fast asleep. We were beyond lazy on Sunday and Monday. I made one little trip to buy some stuff for vaca, packed a bunch and dealt with a fussy boy.

Trevor was up all night Sunday, and I couldn't figure out why. Turns out, he is cutting 2-3 teeth and as of today has a terrible cold. He went from having zero teeth a month ago to having 2 on top, one on the bottom. Plus, one more is coming on the bottom and two more top teeth are about to break through. Poor guy, way too much going on! He sure loves brushing them though!

I think the drastic change in our seasons may have given him a cold. He has a runny nose, cough and you can hear the phlem in his throat. We had the humidifier on full blast last night, but theres not much else we can do. I hope he is better quick so he is able to enjoy our vacation.

In unrelated news, Trevor now can give high 5's and do the sign for all done. I have been singing him Itsy Bitsy Spider and Row Row Your Boat every day and he is quickly learning the motions. I booked the room for his 1st bday party. Post on that coming soon~

7 comments:

Ashley said...

Love the pictures! Looks like a great weekend.

VAF said...

You might want to get his ears checked before you fly if his cold doesn't clear up. My son also had a cold shortly before we flew and it was a relief to know his ears were clear. Hope you have a fun trip!

Kristin said...

I love your blue dress!! Where did you get it from? Im glad you had a great night out with your hubby!

Rebecca (Craving Simplicity) said...

Fun weekend!! Your dress is beautiful! Love the color!

twondra said...

Looks like a real fun time!!

I hope Trevor feels better soon....poor little guy. :(

Melissa said...

We went to a wedding over the weekend as well. I agree that it is nice to have that time away as adults. Looks like you danced up a storm as well.

Stephanie said...

Those teeth are always hard to deal with. I feel so bad for them when they're teething. have you tried the hyland's teething tablets? They're pretty good!