Thursday, September 9, 2010

Heading Out

I called one of the recommendations for a new fertility clinic and made an appointment for October 9th. Yep, a Saturday! I explained the situation and assured them Id call as soon as I have our insurance info. Before Oct. 9th, I need to find a new gyno, go in for an appointment, likely have some tests run and get a referral processed. Its a lot, but I think I can pull it off. The main item this is riding on is our actual insurance card. If we don't get one by next week, I'm going to make a few calls and at least try to get our group number and information.

I'm sad this is going to take a while. You'd think a 25 month infertility struggle would have taught me patience. Nope! I was counting on doing our FET before Trevor's birthday. Now, theres no way that'll happen.

Maybe God will surprise us and Ill get pregnant on my own. That dream is never far from my mind..

I'm going to try to ignore this headache for the next few days and really enjoy myself. Our flight leaves in 4 hours. I checked the availability and it looks like Ill be able to bring his carseat on. So, I plan on pushing the stroller with the Britax inside, carry Trev in the Ergo and have my backpack carry-on and purse attached to me. Itll be a sight to see, Im sure. I found a cute baby laptop to entertain him. I have my laptop and a Baby Einstein. Snacks, Touch and Feel books. A pacifier and my boobs, of course. I think itll be just fine.

Tomorrow were going to Magic Kingdom all day and Ill be back again Saturday to meet with the triplets! The rest of the trip is up in the air for now. Im hoping the heat will put a little pep back in my step and knock Trevors cold out of him. :) I know Tom will miss us, but itll be good for him to focus on his studies for a few days. He will run, sleep, golf, watch the Bears game. It should be a nice laid back weekend. We fly back Monday evening.

Until then, goodbye Chicago, HELLO MICKEY MOUSE!

11 comments:

Mrs.Joe said...

Have a marvelous time!!! Don't worry about this insurance mess until you get back. Can't wait to hear about your trip!

Sarah said...

Have a fun trip!! and just remember that God has a plan for your family!! :)

Rebecca (Craving Simplicity) said...

Have a fun trip!!

Amber said...

I'm so glad to hear what you'll be doing in the airport because it will be the same way for us tomorrow! Have a safe trip!!

agk11808 said...

i work for a chiropractor and deal with insurance all the time. make sure you get our Member ID number or subscriber number if you don't have your cards in time... that is more important than the group number. good luck!

Evan Nicole said...

Cant wait to hug you and squeeze my Trevor!!

Nicole said...

Oh man, I can't imagine cycling with anyone but my Dr K! I'm so sorry! What a mess. But God works in mysterious ways, & this must all be part of His plan. Maybe the extra months between treble & baby #2 are so you can handle twins! Just saying...;) Keep your chin up. I hope you love your new RE. Have fun in Disneyworld!

Nicole said...

*Trevor, sorry. The auto speller OB my phone change that to treble

peekintoournest said...

Have fun on your trip ----> totally jealous over here!

Dianne said...

you can do it!!! Have fun on your trip! How exciting!!!

Megan said...

Erin, I work in insurance and there is ALWAYS a way to get a temporary insurance card quickly. Tom should know the person who handles benefits in his office...ask them to get a temporary card for you guys, or often you can log into the website to print one for yourself. There is always a way! If nothing else, the benefits rep will have a group number for you. Hang in there!