Thursday, September 16, 2010

Beginning of Vacation

A week ago today, I was beyond stressed about leaving. I knew I was cutting it close leaving work at 4:30, driving to my parents house to feed the pets, wait for Tom, and change myself and Trevor. I had everything ready to go in the trunk of my car and when Tom pulled up at 5, he hopped into my car and we were off. We made great time to the airport and I checked in and got rid of that luggage quickly. About 5 minutes later, I realized I forgot one important item-his Mickey ears! I had them between the seats so they wouldn't get squished and I totally forgot to grab them. Oh well, it was far too hot to battle the boy into wearing them. I got through security, with many offers of help by strangers, and we were the second gate on the right. I was sitting, waiting at 5:55. I called Tom to let him know how smooth it went and allowed Trevor to push the stroller and crawl around, knowing he would be stuck in his seat soon enough!


The flight was almost empty-40 passengers for 137 seats! We sat in the front row and I put Trevor in his car seat. That was the only time he fussed, because he wanted to jump on the seats and play instead. He was great on the flight. He had dinner, played with his toys, entertained the flight attendants and finally fell asleep for the last hour. When we arrived at baggage, our suitcase was sitting waiting. My mom, sister and niece picked us up. Delaney was SO excite to be sharing a room with me. She cleaned it earlier in the day and made sure it was just right. :) Trevor slept in a pack and play, for the little time he did sleep. He about had a heart attack when I set him in the first night. He was so overtired! I relaxed and went to bed late.

Friday, the whole crew got up and spent the day at Magic Kingdom. After a wonderful triple bath! When we buy a house, a large tub is a must have!







It was mid 90's the entire trip and I didn't like it one bit. Its Florida, I know. But, I don't like the feeling of dripping sweat 24/7. Trevor and I were super laid back about the plans for the day. We just did everything in April, so we did what everyone else wanted and weren't picky. Tyler, my almost 2 yr old nephew, was hilarious. He was so animated and dancing to every ride/show. We went on Pirates, Peter Pan, Snow White, Philar Magic, Haunted Mansion, etc. I didn't take half the pictures I wanted because I didnt want to subject Trevor to frying in the sun. We bought a fan/spray bottle and used it like crazy. He loved getting sprayed! I was lazy about waiting in line to meet characters..again, too hot! We left before dinner and went back to the house to hang and go in the pool. Trevor went to bed at a normal time every other night, but would wake up at 4:30 or 5, see me in the room and cry. I would nurse him and try to make him go back to bed, but he pretty much ended up sleeping in bed with me for another few hours.













Saturday was a BIG day-it deserves a post in itself. Stay tuned. :0)

6 comments:

Bobbi Johnson said...

Looks like a GREAT TIME!!! Is Snow White your favorite? :)

* ButterflyChik* said...

Hey Hey,
I stumbled over your blog today and I just had to tell you I'm enjoying your blog. Your awesome. I became a follower and I'm looking forward to keeping up and leaving comments. I hope you will check out my blog, and become a follower. I have a button, and I'd like to add you to my blog roll. I hope you have a lovely weekend. God Bless You and Yours

http://diaryofhappilyeverafter.blogspot.com/

Love,
Jess

vicki said...

wow-looks like you had a great time :)

e Daly said...

Looks like a wonderful time!!! Did you get a new stroller? Curious how you like the City Select.

Sarah said...

The bath pictures are precious! we just got back from out of town too and Kinley was none too pleased to sleep in the pack n play...spent most of the time in bed with us!

Angelwingsbaby said...

Looks like you had a wonderful time! He is getting so big! Glad it went so smoothly for you :-)