Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Goodbye Mama

Thanks for all of your congrats! This job is the best thing that has happened to us since Trevor!! Its better pay, amazing benefits, job security, a steady raise, and most importantly, Toms DREAM!

He has a few things to get done before he reports on the 30th. He has a list of items to buy, mainly uniforms, handcuffs, etc. He has to get a general physical and bring in a bunch of paperwork. He will have to buy a gun about halfway through this. Along with that, a childproof case!
I think were going to dinner with our friends on the 29th, to wish him the best. I imagine Ill throw him a real party when he graduates mid-December.
Moving on, I leave tonight. My flight is in 5 hours, actually. I cant believe how quickly this came up! I am feeling..excited, nervous, anxious..oy! There are notes everywhere, a bunch of bags packed and extra cuddles to be given. Trevor was kissing me like crazy this morning..I think he knows. :)
I'm glad the trip is short. I will have Thursday and Friday all day..and then catch my flight to Milwaukee Saturday at noon. We will spend Saturday night together at the cottage and have a nice family day at the Irish fest Sunday. Ill need it after not seeing my boys for a few days!!


Im off to read some books, soak in the sun, tube on Salt River, shop and drink wine. Ill be okay, right?!

10 comments:

Erin said...

Have a good time on your trip. Sounds like a blast.

Amber said...

Have a great time!!

Shannon said...

Have fun! You'll be in my neck of the woods! and spf it up on the river :)

Amber said...

It will absolutely be okay and it is well deserved! Enjoy yourself mama! :)

The Riggs Family said...

Have a fun trip! I was just in AZ a month ago-- without hubby or toddler. I missed them both but it was some good me-time.

Mandy said...

Have a great time! Enjoy the mommy-free time! My husband got a small gun safe when our daughter was born. It fits in the drawer in his nightstand. It has a key and also a keypad to get in. It wasn't too expensive...just over $100 I think? Makes me feel so much safer!

Colleen said...

I live in AZ, it is hot, but you will love it! If you want to meet for a glass of wine, I am always available!

Melissa said...

Have a good time...you need some "me" time every once in a while. I am having some "me" time in Oct and will be flying to CA by myself. I have NEVER been away from my daughter and I can put money on it that I will cry when I get on that plane and leave her.

We are supposed to go to Irish Fest this weekend also, there is so much going on this weekend. I saw there is an animal expo in Waukesha so we may go to that instead.

Allison said...

Trev looks so grown up in that picture!

Nathan and Megan said...

I just read your comment on my blog about CHI town! I love reading your Blog since you talk about places that we are close enough to actually visit. Most of the blogs I read are girls from out-of-state. We do love visiting Chicago & couldn't believe how crazy our last trip was! Nuts. Anyways, just wanted to say hello. Can't wait to hear how your trip was!