Saturday, August 14, 2010

And THEN..

Ya know how I started weaning Trevor two weeks ago? Giving him 2 bottles/day and nursing him twice. Well, much to my surprise, it went great! He was taking the bottle well, my boobs adjusted in no time and all was well on the front. I intended on dropping the mid-day feeding this last week and seeing how I felt emotionally about dropping the morning feeding.

THEN, we planned another trip to Florida and it all went out the window! If you remember, my family was supposed to reschedule their cancelled trip from back in April. They did so and decided on September 8-15. I went back and forth for a week, deciding if we should join or not. On one hand, we were JUST here. It seems silly to spend the money again with Trevors birthday coming up and then theres the holidays..On the other hand, theres the sentimental aspect. Who knows if we will ever get a chance for the entire family to be at Disneyworld together. My parents wedding anniversary is the 11th, so it'd be nice for us all to celebrate. I finally decided to just book the flight. The fare went down and I didnt want to miss the deal. We booked our tickets from Thursday evening-Monday evening. I went back to nursing Trevor so I can do so in Florida. I cant lug 4 days worth of frozen milk and I dont want to switch him to 100% formula by then(or ever). So we were getting all geared up for another trip to see the Mouse.

THEN, County called. EXCUSE ME WHILE I GO JUMP UP AND DOWN AND HOLD BACK TEARS OF THE RELIEF I FEEL. They called Tom on Friday {the 13th!} and said his orientation is set for Tuesday at 7:30am. He will go to a meeting, find out what he needs to purchase for a uniform and be given a start date. At least, that's what we think!! Regardless, he will likely start before mid-September. The academy runs M-F and you can not miss any days. So, Toms out for Florida. Meaning Ill still go, but I'm anxious about flying alone with Trevor and all his luggage. ;)

Good things are happening..Theres just one thing that would be the cherry on top..

9 comments:

Amber said...

Don't good things come in threes? haha. 1) Your FL trip 2) Tom's new job 3) New sibling for Trevor. Sounds good to me! :)

Mandy said...

Congratulations to Tom!!! Welcome to the world of a cop wives!!! Funny enough I *just* posted about my husband's crazy work schedule, haha..Here's the link if you want to check it out.

http://mommymandymusings.blogspot.com/2010/08/life-of-cop-wife.html

Ashley said...

Congratulations to Tom on the job! Great news!

April said...

YAY! We're super excited for Tom! And you :)

twondra said...

So happy for you guys and Tom's new job! How exciting!!

The Riggs Family said...

Glad things are looking up for you all! Two of my friends have flown solo with their infants and said it was no big deal. The people that work at the airport are apparently very happy to help. So jealous you get to see the mouse twice in one year.

翊翊翊翊張瑜翊翊翊 said...

你的部落格很棒,我期待更新喔............................................................

Jamie said...

Sorry i didnt respond earlier, we were on a little road trip. I wont be at comfy bummy this week, school staff has to start training this week so i will usually only be there on weekends now. have fun in florida and congrats to tom!

Kristin said...

SO happy for you guys!! Glad he got the call!