Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Tuesday Thoughts

Well, were officially moved. I am still exhausted. Moving (A LOT) of stuff all weekend in 90 degree heat=draining! The condo is a wreck. Its going to take weeks to get everything in order. For now, Trevor's crib is up, our bed is made and we have a few items in the fridge. That's all that matters!

Trevor started clapping and doing "so big" this weekend. Talk about making my heart melt. He is standing up on everything and even on his own for bits at a time. Today he shocked me and climbed up the step from the family room to the kitchen at the house. He is growing up too too fast.

I am starting to really yearn for a sibling for him. I think about it all day. One of the kids is in a camp these next two weeks where I drive past our clinic..4x a day! Talk about a reminder of my uterus aching..I tried only offering him a bottle one day last week. He drank ONE ounce the entire day. Wonder where he gets his stubbornness..? Oh and my crazy cycle last month? It came to day 55 and I started bleeding. I was excited my period finally arrived. Or at least I think was a period. It was like nothing Ive ever had before. So light, I didn't even need tampons. It was spotting for a few days. And then nothing. I was left confused and annoyed. Well see how long this cycle is. I cant believe I still have to stop feeding him 100% and get 2 periods before I get the chance to be pregnant again. It seems so far away..I think the 3 recent pregnancy announcements in the past 2 weeks are not helping. All of which were surprises. Why does it still hurt?

15 comments:

Angelwingsbaby said...

I am there with you, I have some of the same feelings and yearnings.Infertility never seems to really leave us.It is hard as I watch Nanner grow, it makes me want another so bad.But I too have things to get in order.I made a commitment to my weight loss first and of course there is the financial side of things so I too understand the want to move forward but not being able to.((hugs)) I am here for you anytime. You can always email me you have it and if you don't anymore it is on my blog.

Joy said...

Congrats on the move. My first couple of cycles after E. were just spotting so don't worry. Totally understand the yearning but please take your time and enjoy this time with your first nursling.

Amber said...

Congrats on the move!

I'm not quite to your point with the desire for #2, but I did call my insurance to find out how much coverage is left. Hope the transition to bottle gets easier and you are closer to baby #2!

Melissa said...

My daughter is 3 months shy of turning 2 and just now I am starting to think about #2. Just did a post on it today in fact. I am still kinda unsure if I am ready because I love the special time with just her and I.... I know once another baby is in the picture it won't be the same and she will have to share me - she is still my baby!! :o)

Mama Dub said...

Ya know.. I have had 5 announcements in 2 weeks. I'm REALLY beginning to feel down myself. Having a pity party that I will NEVER be pregnant again. It's not even an option for me. I try and not ask "why me" but sometimes that's the only thing that crosses my mind.... "Why Me?"

joven said...

beautiful blog..pls visit mine and be a follower.. thanks and God bless..

http://forlots.blogspot.com/

joven said...

beautiful blog..pls visit mine and be a follower.. thanks and God bless..

http://forlots.blogspot.com/

joven said...

beautiful blog..pls visit mine to,and be a follower..thanks and God bless..http://forlots.blogspot.com/

Amber said...

I'm sorry! I hope Trevor gets a little brother or sister soon! :)

Jessica@The Southern Belle Baby said...

I know what you mean about the hurt- a lot of times, especially when it's surprise news, it still stings like when I was going through IF. I think that hurt never leaves once you've experienced it because you remember so clearly how it felt to go through it.

I hope you fill up that Pathfinder with babies very soon!

Jamie said...

what's up with all these announcements??? I've had sooo many people I know get pregnant and announce these past two weeks. One is my own twin sister, so this all sucks. We have to go through hell.

Alex Accornero said...

sorry you're still aching but at least you have trev to ease the pain.

on a happy note, CUTE redo on the blog!!!!

Sue said...

LOVE the new look! Congrats on the condo and car. Always love the pics you share :)

Dianne said...

hey Erin it has been a long time since I have read your blog or anyone elses!! So please forgive me if you have heard this a million times! I have heard that when you are breastfeeding your body sends out a hormone that stops you from ovulating. I am breastfeeding exclusively and my dayghter is 4 months old. I have not had a period yet. But I did experience light spotting like you for about a few days. I hope this helps! And like I said before I am sorry if you have heard this a bunch of times before I have been a bad blogger! Good luck with everything!! Your little guy is adorable!

Mike and Katie said...

Are you pumping and storing extra breastmilk so he can stay on breastmilk until closer to a year? I know that would delay your process of trying to wean him, but it wouldn't take long to build up your supply for a while and store some extra for him.

He is getting to a good age to wean though. Many babies go through a phase around nine to ten months where mobility and teething make them less interested in nursing. My friend said that it was easier to wean and 9 months than a year.

I can't remember if I told you this or not, but I can totally relate to your anxiety about getting pregnant again. I know it would be really nutso and hard for me to get pregnant again anytime soon, but I really want to know IF I can get pregnant again. I'm hoping nursing for two+ will delay that possibility for a little while but not taking any percautions to avoid it either.