Thursday, July 15, 2010

Fourth and Car

So, going back to 4th of July weekend! It was another holiday weekend we LOVE celebrating at the cottage. Tom and I both had the Monday after off, so we were really looking forward to the 3 day weekend. The weather was fantastic; not a single rain drop. We spent all day Saturday on the boat. We parked it at the sand bar, had a few drinks, swam, listened to music, tubed, etc. Days like that are what summer is all about! The tiny town our cottage is located in has a Liberty Fest every year. We went to that for a bit on Saturday. The town always splurges on fireworks over the lake. This year was extra special because we sat on the new pontoon boat to watch them! I was sure they would scare baby T, but he just sat in awe.

Brady and Mikey soaking up the sun

The boat is an insta-nap for the little ones. Here are Trev and Tyler after about 5 minutes.

Tom performing his traditional backflip..

Mike and Mikey

Braydon jumping off

Me and my Laney girl

My Mom and Aunt Jean

Bradyo and Tomtom

At the fest. I have SO much love for the 5 kids in this picture. I truly cant put it into words..

Mikey won Trevor a bear!

Cant see, but his shirt says Mommy's American Hero.

Fireworks!
First 4th of July as a family!
The actual 4th was very low key for us. We spent more time on the boat, napped and went to dinner in Lake Geneva. Driving home from there was neat because we saw many different firework shows happening at once.




The Monday after, we spent an hour or so on the boat and headed home. The water was very choppy and it was overcast, so we were a bit discouraged. Its always nice to get home a little earlier than planned, so we can catch up on laundry and prepare for the following week at work!

Yet another nap on the boat. This is the life, I tell ya!
The cottage is one of the reasons we were in the market for a bigger car. When we travel there, roughly every other weekend, we put the dogs in the trunk of my Pontiac Torrent(exact same as an Equinox) and pile our bags next to Trev in the backseat. This was obnoxious at times and we wished we had more room. Also, when I take all 5 kids somewhere, I have to arrange it ahead of time so I can borrow my sisters or Moms car.
Toms car, a Pontiac G6 we loved, was a SmartBuy which was ending this November. We went to talk to the guys at the dealer and were told we could extend the payments or trade it in. After doing some math, we realized we wouldn't pay much more by doing so. Plus, we now have a vehicle that can accommodate 3+ car seats in case we get a surprise and have twins when we do our FET this fall.
We looked at a few SUV's with the 3rd row and hadn't fallen in love with anything..until I set my eyes on the Pathfinder. Its perfect! I love the look of it, you feel safe sitting so high, and the pickup is awesome. We plan to take great care of it so we can keep it for a few years after we pay it off. After all, isnt that the point?!

I get the condo keys at 5pm tomorrow! Moving starts immediately after! Yipeeee!

8 comments:

Nicole said...

Love the car, and looks like you had a great 4th! Thanks for the comment/advice the other day BTW :) I love the pool float you got for Trevor! He looks adorable in it. But he just gets cuter and cuter all the time! My little nephew has one like it and he loves it so guess what I bought with one of my Tar.get gift cards? Yup :) Can't wait to use it next year!

Mrs.Joe said...

Congrats on the new car and good luck moving!

Kalle said...

I love Trevor's flag shorts. Looks like an awesome long weekend. You new car ROCKS. We're in the market for a bigger car too and it's great to hear about what's good.

Kahla said...

Looks like a fun fourth and could that little guy get any cuter??? Cograts on the new car, we have a Tahoe and I love having extra room!

twondra said...

Looks like so much fun with your family!!!

LOVE the car!!!!

建佑建佑 said...

生存乃是不斷地在內心與靈魂交戰;寫作是坐著審判自己。..................................................

黃威宇 said...

死亡是悲哀的,但活得不快樂更悲哀。. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Kami said...

Omgoodness!!! I had so much to catch up on. I can't believe how big Trevor is getting. You look fab too momma!!! Congrats on the condo and car. I am so sorry for your loss and the BF weaning. Hugs!

Kami