Monday, June 21, 2010

Seven Months


Trevor is just over seven months now and changing every day. I officially do not feel like hes a little baby anymore. He is such a big boy! He continues to be the reason our world turns every day.

He has turned into quite the Mamas boy. He reaches for me when someone else is holding him. If I set him down and walk away, he cries Mamamama. He doesn't say Mama on command yet, only when he is crying for me. He has even gotten jealous of the new baby a few times. Of course, I don't mind have a Mamas boy..not one bit.
Trevor is super close to crawling. He gets up on all fours and rocks. He just cant quite get how to move his arms forward. I give it a week and bet he will be on the go. Even though he doesn't crawl, it amazes me how he can get around. Scooting on his booty, rolling, sliding backwards. Hes a wild man!
He has such a fun personality. He throws his voice and is constantly giggling. Sometimes he looks at us and his eyes are begging for him to be tickled. And boy, is he ticklish. Every inch of his body is ticklish. The best spots are his neck and inner thighs. :0)
Trevor is still sleeping terribly. He falls asleep in his crib, awake, with no problems. Yet, he has been waking many times a night. I think he has figured out that if he cries, Mama comes and brings him to bed with her. He is not hungry, but I give him a boob to quiet him and fall back asleep. I always wake up with my shirt up and a boob out.
His teething has been on and off. He was super fussy last week but better since Friday. He had a low grade fever for over a week so we took him in to make sure it wasn't an ear infection. They said nope, just the teeth. Poor guy, I wish I could teethe for him.
He has gone back to battling the bottle. Ugh. He fights it and only eats it if he is starving. I haven't started the weaning process and am dreading it.
He looks so much like his Daddy, its scary. Other than thouse baby blues. Im so proud to have passed those to him.
Trevor knows his name and responds to it. Tyler called him by it for this first time this weekend. He usually calls him baby or my baby. But, Saturday, he was Revah!
He has quite the temper. If you take away something he wants, he screams and arches his back. He thinks everything within his reach is his to grab.

His favorite past time is pulling hair. I am not a fan of this! I contemplated buying him Barbies so he can go town..but decided to borrow some of Delaney's instead.
He has become very picky with what he eats. He also learned how to blow raspberries when he has a mouth full of something he doesn't care for.
He adores the dogs. He will make noises at them so they come over. He has pulled their hair a few times and they've kept their distance since.
He lights up around kids. Then again, he is always around other kids. He probably doesn't realize he is an only child. (Not for long, lets hope!!!)
Trevor has started to enter the "stranger danger" phase. He doesn't cry when others talk to him, but will stare at then with a serious face and hold on tight.
He has a new fish face where he pulls his lips in. Ill have to get a picture of that.
It blows me away how independent his is now. I can set him down on the floor with a few toys and he will play for hours.
He loves riding in shopping carts! Almost as much as Mommy likes shopping. ;)
He knows how to shake his head "no". At first, he was just mimick-ing me, but now, he does it when you say no, no, no.
The lip, oh, the lip. He knows how to pucker that thing out and get whatever he wants.
He is an all time faker. Fake cough, fake giggle, he does it to be silly and get attention.
He is a big snuggler. He gives kisses and hugs and loves to be held.
There are a million other details I wanted to include, yet, cant think of them now. Ill add more later.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I have LOTS more to blog about and promise to do so this week. We bought my laptop tonight(I have the best husband alive!) so that should make this easier. Although, Tom is working double shifts tomorrow-Saturday, so I'm on my own with baby T.
Reminder to self about upcoming blogs-
Special email/package
Fathers Day
Ellen
Baby #2
Mikey
Happy Monday, everyone!!

11 comments:

Stace said...

Oh, Erin, he's gorgeous!! I can't get over how big he is!! :)

Kahla said...

Sounds like Trevor and Emery have a lot in common... such a fun stage! He is too cute!

Ashley said...

He just gets cuter and cuter everyday!! :) I know you must be one proud mama. He sounds like a doll.

The Queen B said...

He is so adorable!!! I just love his little round face :)

jenn said...

he is so dang cute! happy 7 months!

Saffy said...

Trevor's getting cuter by the month - who would've thought that possible!!! :) Adorable.

Brittany said...

He is sooooo cute! Happy 7 months, Trevor!

Kalle said...

What a beautiful baby. I can't believe he's seven months already. Looking forward to your upcoming posts....ellen details especially. Have fun with your new laptop.

Ashley said...

Happy 7 months Trevor!! He is soooo adorable!! Sorry about the not sleeping good thing...I feel your pain;)

Joy@WhenDoesDaddyComeHome said...

Oh my goodness he is getting so big! Zoe is about to turn 8 months old (tomorrow!) and it is fun to see how they differ in their personalities and milestones. Like she isn't saying Mamamamama yet or shaking her head no but she is trying to crawl. I should stop by more often! I've been a terrible blogger lately!!!

Who we are: said...

I have been reading your blog forever but have never commented. We were pregnant at the same time! My baby boy was born on Nov. 18 and is growing so fast. I had the same nighttime waking problem. He was sleeping with us and waking to eat 4-5 times a night. I also woke up with my shirt up and boob out all the time! I found this book: Good Night, Sleep Tight The Sleep Lady's Gentle Guide to Helping Your Child Go to Sleep, Stay Asleep, and Wake Up Happy (long title, I know!) The first couple of nights were difficult, but for the past month, he goes to bed around 6:30 and sleeps straight until 6:00 the next morning. Just a suggestion! I couldn't believe that little turkey went from waking 4 or more times a night to "eat" to sleeping straight through!