Thursday, June 24, 2010

Ellen Details

So, I mentioned last week that Id be going to see Ellen. A few months back I got an email from the Chicago Theatre announcing she was coming. I called my girlfriend Sam and we had tickets the next day. I thought this was going to be an hour long stand up show. It turned out to be one of the better nights Ive ever had!

She was taping the TBS Special airing this Sunday, the 27th. We were the real audience. We paused for commercials, were told when to clap, etc. Ellen was awesome. She came out and everyone went wild. She joked for a few minutes and said she forgot something. She ran off stage for a minute and came back with..THE STANLEY CUP AND THE BLACKHAWKS! The crowd went nuts! Im not sure if you heard, but the Hawks won the Cup a few weeks ago and its kinda a big deal. It was amazing to see it in the same building! What an awesome surprise!

Anyway, the show went on and Ellen was the host for the variety show. There was a trampoline act, a magician, local comedian, and other great acts. Nick Cannon was the guest DJ for the night, too! The whole show was just blowing our minds because we hadn't expected anything more than seeing Ellen for a bit.

All of a sudden they were setting up for a band and they announced that Lady Antebellum would be performing. Uhm, WHAT?! I was floored. They are one of my favorite bands. I actually blogged a while back about seeing then at Soldier Field. I actually met them and have their autographs. It was the icing on the cake to a perfect night! They performed their new song for the show and at the very end performed Need You Now for everyone.

It was seriously so much fun and it makes us want to see Ellen's show in CA even more. I have been watching the site for tickets and submitted a few times. I sure how we get picked soon. :-)

12 comments:

Laura said...

Oh goodness, how FUN!!! That is awesome!!

Jax's Mama said...

Sounds like a great time! I love Ellen! :)

k8tie said...

Erin,
My sisters and Mom went to see Ellen in California this past January. It was awesome!! We love her!! Glad you had fun! I'm gearing up for IVF#2 and will start stims on July 1st. IVF #1 didn't work and I did a FET last month and miscarried. Been a rough couple of months, but I'm optimistic... Glad to see you're doing well and Trevor is soo beautiful!!
Katie

Kaycee said...

How fun!!! I am so happy you got to go! I really want to go to her show sometime! :) And now I am off to set the DVR to record the variety show - yay!

Allison said...

Ellen AND Lady A?!?! JEALOUS!!!!!!!

Jill said...

So so so so so so so so so so so........ jealous!

Meant to be a mom said...

How exciting. I love Ellen. She is soooo funny :)
I'm glad you guys had a great time. It sounds like it was a really neat and fun show to get to be a part of.

Kristin said...

Sounds like an awesome night! Totally jealous

Jessie said...

I'm your newest follower! Please follow me back at www.jessielynnsmith.com

I too am struggling with infertility as I have PCOS.

Thanks!

<3 Jess

Kahla said...

How awesome is that??!?!?!! Love her!

Tiffany said...

How exciting! ELLEN=HILARIOUS!! Glad to hear you had a great time!

jenn said...

i love ellen! i watch her show every chance i get...sounds like you had a great night!