Sunday, May 2, 2010

Magic Kingdom

We woke up early on Wednesday to get started at Magic Kingdom. Our hotel offered a free breakfast and we took full advantage of it! We had a fridge and microwave in our room but unfortunately, were nowhere near a store. I thought ahead and brought some snacks that came in very handy.
We entered Magic Kingdom and I couldn't help but feel overwhelmed. Here I was, walking into the Happiest place on Earth with my amazing husband and miracle son. I mean, how could I not be exploding with joy? We went straight to get Trevor his ears. The ears I dreamed about etching my child's name in for years and years. I paid the $12 for the ears and $7 for engraving. We met with Pinocchio while waiting for his ears to be ready.

First try, happy guy!

We were finally ready to make that first walk down Main St. Again, something I dreamed about for so long. We took a few pictures, showed Trevor the castle and were ready to start our day!

We went the the right side of the park first. We rode Buzz Lightyears laser ride, took turns on Space Mountain, fed Trev, and had lunch. It was so funny how different we approached the parks. Before, we would lap the parks riding as many attractions as we could and saw everything in one day. This time, it took us three days to see all of Magic Kingdom! We stopped to feed him, change him, let him nap, get out of the heat, etc. We really enjoyed having every second devoted to Trevor's schedule. Not to mention, all the one on one time with both of his parents. Trevor was happy as ever!

Next, we went on a few rides by the castle..Haunted Mansion, Its a Small World, Peter Pan, Philhar Magic..Some rides he fell asleep on; some he stared at everything and got excited. We tried giving him the pacifier again a week or so before we left and he took it! It came in very handy in helping him fall asleep and if we needed to be quiet in a show.

Riding Its a Small World

I was really looking forward to taking him on Its a Small World. I sing a song to him every day to the tune of it. My song is..Hes the cutest baby boy in the whole entire world, Hes just the cutest baby boy in the whole entire world, Hes the cutest baby boy, Hes the cutest baby boy, Hes the cutest boy in the WORLD! Creative, aren't I? ;)

Mid-day, we were walking to the nursing room and caught a bit of the show in front of the castle. They were literally chanting, "Dreams come true" over and over. I couldn't help but get choked up as I walked by, holding my dream in my arms.
We ended the day tired, sweaty and sticky! We lounged at the hotel and called it a night. Or, tried to. Trevor slept horrible at the hotel and has been ever since! He woke up 2 or more times every night. He keeps his eyes closed and cries the saddest cry. I think hes teething. Its hard to believe because he is so happy during the day. I'm hoping its a short phase because I am exhausted!!
Next up: MGM!

10 comments:

erin said...

i just have to tell you that that first picture of trevor is so completely adorable!
(oh, and i would have paid for the ears and engraving, too. you can't go to disney and not do it!)

The "Dubs" said...

How fun! So glad that you guys got him the ears. I have never been there but it's on my 'Bucket List'. We are waiting until K and his next sibling are older to take them. These pictures are just WAY too fun!

Peppermint Patty said...

I love his little ears with the elastic strap on his chubby cheeks!

kim_brough said...

I hope you're over the "my body after baby" thing. You look tiny in these pictures!

Stace said...

I love, love, LOVE the picture with the tongue. He's so full of personality. :) I hope that the bad-sleeping ends soon. For us, the bad night sleeping for teething only lasted about a week. I love how every day, every where, you remember how lucky you are to have your little miracle. He is such a loved, lucky little boy! Oh and congrats to your sister! :)

Ashley said...

I love it! What a wonderful time with your miracle baby. :) and adorable pictures as well.

twondra said...

Looks like so much fun! He is so cute! Love your words to "It's a Small World". :)

Stephanie said...

We did 2 days at MK! Even though we had older kids, its almost impossible to do it in one day!
I was impressed with the wait times too! Not too bad!
He looks like he had a great day!
I swear, MK gets me every time too! Its such a magical place!!

Mrs.Joe said...

All of these pictures are ADORABLE!!!!

Steph{anie} said...

You look so stinkin skinny in the family pic with Pinocchio!