Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Animal Kingdom

Ahh, Animal Kingdom. This was one of my favorite days! We arrived at the park right when it opened and I dodged people like crazy to get a fastpass for the Safari as soon as possible. While we waited, we walked a path and came across a gorilla family. The Mama was cradling a 9 week old baby, it was SO darn cute!

Above:Whole family
Below:Zoomed in, see that little guy?
After that, we were able to ride the Safari. This is my favorite thing to do at AK and it didn't disappoint. We saw tons and tons of animals. I would bore you with a million picks, but you've all been to a zoo before. :) The animals were super close, closer than Ive ever seen. Here are a few-


After the safari, we met a few jungle friends. Mama and Daddy took turns on Mt. Everest. We walked to find a quiet place to feed Trevor and get some drinks. Let me say, paying $2.50 for a bottle of water and $3.25 for a pop was terrible. Considering it was 90 degrees, we needed to drink a lot and it just hurt to pay $20 a day in liquids! Don't even get me started on food. We literally ate one meal a day, costing $22-26 per meal. We couldn't fathom spending hundreds on food. I am wayyy off topic here..

Trevor napped and we took turns on the Dinosaur ride. Then we saw the Finding Nemo show we had never watched before. It was phenomenal!

We got another fastpass to go on the safari again and it was worth going on a second time. We went back to the dino area and rode the kiddie dinosaurs.

Waiting for the ride. Do you believe the look on his face?!
Shortly before it was closing, I had the idea of getting his caricature done. I thought we could ask him to put giraffes around him and we can hang it in his room. Trevor sat nice for 20 minutes and really showed his personality for the man. It was a pain to keep flat the trip home, but I managed. It was well worth it!




The finished project, framed and all

We were able to cover the whole park in one day, which was great because we had 7 day passes and 4 parks to cover!

Trevor has his first swim class this evening. Ill take a break from Disney posts for tomorrow. I don't want you guys throwing up Mickey or anything. ;)

10 comments:

Mama Laughlin said...

What great pics!
Such a beautiful family!

Deanna said...

I love the caricature! He's such a beautiful boy!

hopefuls #1 said...

Animal Kingdom, I think, is the best park they have! Seriously we had so much fun there! Looks like you guys did too!

Kate said...

I'm loving reading about this trip -- it's a nice little vicarious vacation! Thanks for all the details! :) I just adore Trevor's sunglasses, where did you get them? (Sorry if you've already told elsewhere.)

Lauren said...

Loving the Disney posts! We just got back from our own short trip on Sunday (our second trip in 2 weeks. It's so nice to live close by!)

Looks like you guys had a great time. That caricature is super cute!

Jessica@The Southern Belle Baby said...

This makes me miss Disney so badly! AK was our favorite park. I hope you guys rode "Everest" because it is AWESOME!

Glad y'all are having a good time!

Stephanie said...

I think I'm going to just link to your blog and let my friends read all that you did! It was the exact same as us!! ha I LOVE the safari, dino ride, MT Everest, ect! (and I could get sick thinking about the amount of money spent on drinks too! lol)
I LOVED seeing the baby gorilla..that was so stinking cute!!!
Makes me wish we could have met up even more :(

Rene said...

I absolutely love the caricature! It is so great. I'm hoping to get one done this Summer at our county fair. I'm also loving reading about your trip. I've never been before and it's nice getting such detailed posts!

Meant to be a mom said...

Ha so fun, I love the caricature. So funny!

Sarah said...

Sounds like a super fun trip! What's a fast pass?