Friday, April 16, 2010

Lovin' Spring

I left off saying our Family Florida trip was cancelled. After my Mom was released from the hospital, the trip came up. We knew it was too soon to travel, and started throwing different ideas out there. Go a week later, go in May, go in the fall, etc. You can imagine how hard it is to coordinate 15 peoples schedules at the last minute. The final decision was that everyone would try again in the fall, perhaps October. The only one that had a problem with that was us, as Tom will likely have the job with County by then and wont have any time off. So, we decided it would be best if we stuck with the original plan and went to Disney ourselves. If the family goes in the fall, Trev and I can tag along for a few days. This way, Tom doesn't miss out on all the first for him. Plus, we have the time off, spending money saved and the desire to go!

We wont be doing a lot of the things we wanted, like driving to St. Pete for the day to visit the condo. Yeah, rental cars for people under 25 are pricey! We wanted to go out alone one night for an early anniversary thing. Oh well! It will be wonderful to go just the three of us. We found a villa with a free shuttle that was reasonably priced. We leave Tuesday and return the following Tuesday!

Were so glad we decided this a few days ago because the police department called THIS MORNING to schedule Tom for his polygraph interview. And what do you know, its the day after we return, the 28th! Apparently, that day, he will do the test and then be given a date to return for the psychological exam. We know some academy's start in early June, so were hoping he will be in one of those. We are so close we can taste it! Mmmmmm...

The weather has been wonderful here! Last weekend we took Trevor to the zoo. I imagine we will be there many times this summer.


I went last Friday to buy our stroller. I was very unhappy to find out they were back ordered until May. I rushed home, found one online and it arrived Thursday. I used it today for the first time and am totally in love. I cant wait to stroll it around Toon Town.

Last Sunday Trevor turned 5 months. We went to Rainforest Cafe with our friends and their kids. Trevor really liked the sounds and animals.


This month has been huge for him developmentally. He amazes me every day. He sits up alone for a few seconds at a time, he is such a blabber mouth, he grabs items you put in front of him using both hands, he rolls over like crazy, he is simply perfect in our eyes. I need to do a 5 month post, but have been waiting because he had a big scratch on his nose. Keeping up with those finger nails is tough!



I should hit the hay. I have a lot of packing to do tomorrow!

PS-My blog is in dire need of a makeover. Any suggestions of who can help?

This baby is TOO COOL for the old Peanut blog. He really keeps those sunglasses on, I cant believe it!

10 comments:

Maddy said...

I would love to design it! I dont charge any thing and I could really make it cute!
I have designed my blog... www.thedogblog-maddy.blogspot.com
A friend of mines blog...
www.chadwickscorner.blogspot.com
I will pick a background and I will create the sidebar titles--
All of it is FREE! I can pretty much do anything you want me to do! I would love to so if you are interested you can email me!

maddyforeman@yahoo.com

Robbie said...

Lamberts lately works on blogs.

KMG 586 said...

I'm not TTC, but I really enjoy reading your blog. Your son is so handsome and I love seeing all of the pictures! I hope you are blessed with another child very soon :) I have a blog, Kristen's Karma, about a variety of topics. Love for you to check it out! http://www.kmg586.blogspot.com
xo

Kelly said...

Erin, as I have said before, I would love to design your blog, if you want.

Allison said...

Leslie Lambert at lambertslately.com did both mine and April's. In fact, she is currently working on my newest makeover. She does a really good job and is very reasonably priced!

Leslie Lambert said...

If you need someone to makeover the blog, I would love to! Email me at leslieflambert@gmail.com if you're interested. :)

Ms. J said...

Cute pics! Glad everything will work out for your family to have your own little vacation-how fun!!

Stace said...

My gosh he is so big and getting cuter every second!!! I love the sunglasses-- Colby surprisingly keeps his on too which amazes me because he usually grabs EVERYTHING. I'm glad you guys are still going to Florida- it will be great for you three to have some time away together! I can't wait for the photos and updates!!

The Patterson's said...

You got that right - the fingernails grow too fast! :-)

Love the pic of Trevor in the swing! Have a great time in Florida!

jenn said...

he is such a cutie! and getting too big!