Friday, April 9, 2010

Family Update

Its been a while since I have written a post with substance. Here's a little life update:

I love my thumb sucker. Remind me when he is 2 and were breaking the habit..
Bananas were too sweet for Lil T

Noodles and Co. with Dada
Trevor
*Trev has now tried bananas, sweet potatoes, prunes and green beans. We were SO excited for him to have bananas. Tom and I love bananas and were sure the "apple" didn't fall far from the tree. Hah, it was so funny feeding him! He never cried or turned them away, but the faces..oh the faces. They were too sweet for him. He got more used to them by the 3rd day. He didn't care much for prunes and is loving all veggies thus far. Peas are on the menu tonight.
*He is still only having one meal a day. Dinner..between his evening feedings. I plan on transitioning in a brunch time meal in a few weeks.
*Trevor nurses 5 times a day. He was on a 3 hour schedule until about 3 weeks ago. Now, he isn't hungry as often and eats about every 4 hours.
*We still haven't had much luck with the bottle. We plan on buckling down this weekend. Ideally, he will have one bottle a day for a bit and then add more when were ready.
*He discovered his feet! Especially when he has no pants on! He is always folding his body in half to get to them. Its super cute.
*He has rolled both ways, but its not a regular occurrence. His tummy time has improved tremendously and his stance makes him look like he actually will get up and go.
*Trevor is such an easygoing baby. He loves..everything! Bouncers, exersaucer, Einstein DVDs, Sophie, Lamaze toys, etc. He is happy all.the.time. I am not exaggerating!
*He is showing signs of teething..drooling, chewing on everything, etc. No tooth buds, yet. We check every day. :o)
My friend, Heather and Trevor. This was from her going away party. She moved to Arizona! We plan on visiting in October!
High school friends :) I'm a year younger and from the rival school.

THESE are mine?!

Mama
*I have been really tired and drained lately. Probably about 6 weeks now. I'm talking more tired than when I was getting up 3 times a night! I think I may have deficiency of some sort and need to make a dr. appt. No, I am not pregnant.
*My tailbone is still healing from birth. Its made great progress mainly in the past 2 months. I just hope a second delivery doesn't injure it again.
*I am totally losing my hair. And it sucks! Ive read its worst from 4-6 months post. I'm at 5..so halfway there?!
*I'm doing well in my class. Its a lot of work but I have stayed on top of it. I plan on taking one class over the summer and two or more next fall.
*I am really ready to be pregnant again. And nowhere near ready to stop breastfeeding. Ugh.
*Sounds like a lot of complaining above; its not. I am happier than I have ever been. I am doing exactly what I am supposed to be. :)
Mama may have a slight giraffe obsession..

Self-explanatory..
Daddy
*Toms application with the police dept. has progressed in a big way! He received the a conditional offer of employment letter a bit ago. Its based on the last few tests. He did the second physical last Wednesday and passed. Now, he will have the polygraph, psychological and final interview. We are close and can taste it. We hope to hear about dates for the final tests soooon!
*Tom signed up to run the Chicago marathon! Its 10-10-10! He starts training with a charity group next Wednesday. They are supporting a boy named Sam with muscular dystrophy. This is the second year of the group. Last year I was part of it and did the babysitting for the runners. This year, I will do the same, with Trevor in tow and supporting my hubby. I'm so excited for him!
*Toms special time with Trevor is bath time! He gives him long baths every other day and they both love it. Tom sings, Trev plays..its a beautiful love affair.
Second time in swing; first time was videotaped.

I think that covers the major changes..There's more, I'm sure, but I need to take advantage of my day off with the bambino. Oh, and go buy my Cadillac!

Have a wonderful weekend!

Erin

14 comments:

Peppermint Patty said...

I remember one of my son's favorite baby food "desserts" was called, "blue berry buckle." I wonder if they still make it? It was pretty good (I had to try it to see what the fuss was about). :)

Come visit and follow my blog!

http://www.peppermintpattyg.blogspot.com

Lea Liz said...

so cute!!
I love the pictures where he fell asleep in in his highchair!!

ashley said...

Bless his little heart sleeping in his high chair! Love it!

Beth said...

Wanted to tell you I felt the same way after my son. I had tests done to see what might be causing all my tiredness. Turned out to just be my body still in hormonal transition. Hope it's nothing big for you. Also, my son is almost 2 and my hair is still falling out. I was so freaked about it, I went to a dermatologist. They said it's totally normal and can last up to 3 years post delivery. Just wanted to tell you so you don't stress if it gets worse, which it might once you stop nursing.

Your little man is as cute as can be, and you have a beautiful little family :)

Staci said...

When you go for your checkup ask about testing your thyroid if you haven't had it done before. I have hypothyroidism and even on medication my levels go up and down like crazy post partum and 2 of the symptoms that my levels are off are tiredness/fatigue and hair loss (it also feels dry and brittle). I also am much more sensitive to cold during this time as well. It's a simple blood test. I have read that women who have never had a thyroid issue before can develop hypothyroidism during pregnancy and it can take up to a year to level out and go away.

Kelsey and Dustin said...

He gets cuter and cuter everytime you post pics! Hopefully you figure out why you're tired all the time...it could be low iron?

Mandy said...

Love that picture of him asleep in the highchair....so cute!

Jes said...

Trevor is absolutely adorable. What a handsome happy baby you have...too cute!

Stace said...

He's just so cute!! Glad you guys are doing well-- definitely busy though! My hair has been regrowing in the past month or so... Colby's 8 months... and the little fringe part in the front looks ridiculous!! :)

Meant to be a mom said...

Those cheeks are just the cutest!!

I'm glad your doing good. And I just have to tell you that my sis in law lost allot of hair after she had her daughter. But it grew back and from an outsiders perspective, I didn't even notice even after she pointed it out where it was breaking off.

Trevor is a doll baby, and I hear you loud and clear on the wanting to be prego again comment. I'm right there with you.

Nonnie said...

In addition to having the things above checked, you should have your Vitamin D level checked. Breastfeeding moms give baby a lot of their vitamin D, which can make us deficient. If you're deficient, then Trevor probably isn't getting enough as well. It's very common with breastfeeding moms and babies, and many doctors suggest all breastfeeding moms and babies take a supplement even before levels are checked. Here's what the CDC has to say about it: http://www.cdc.gov/breastfeeding/recommendations/vitamin_D.htm

Nonnie said...

In addition to having the things above checked, you should have your Vitamin D level checked. Breastfeeding moms give baby a lot of their vitamin D, which can make us deficient. If you're deficient, then Trevor probably isn't getting enough as well. It's very common with breastfeeding moms and babies, and many doctors suggest all breastfeeding moms and babies take a supplement even before levels are checked. Here's what the CDC has to say about it: http://www.cdc.gov/breastfeeding/recommendations/vitamin_D.htm

Ashley said...

love the pics!!

Amber said...

Trevor is such a beautiful baby! Don't feel bad, I have a terrible giraffe obsession and it doesn't help that Jackson's nursery is jungle themed, haha.