Friday, March 19, 2010

Four Months

Our little peanut turned 4 months last week. We had his well visit and Trevor is doing exceptionally well. He is on track developmentally and advanced in a few areas. He weighs a whopping 17 lb, 15.5 oz. He is 25 3/4 inches. Its funny to think he is over 2 feet tall!

Waitin' at the doc. Trev travels with his keys and IPOD, of course.

He did awesome with his shots. He cried for a few minutes, but was comforted easily. The doctor cleared up a few questions I had regarding..sunscreen, gum brushing, etc. I really adore our doctor. She never makes us feel rushed and is very personable.

Trevor's new tricks are sucking his thumb and blowing raspberries. Its so cute when he sucks his thumb. He keeps his other fingers straight rather than wrapping them around. I'll try to get a good picture!

Here are some pics from Mamas four month photo shoot:

How I love that fluffy hair!



Trevzilla attacking the giraffe

Ah, yes. And the most exciting part about Trevor turning 4 months..he is able to eat baby food!! We went ahead and tried it out that first night and totally knew what to do with it! He was flapping his arms and kicking his legs. Its no surprise this boy loves to eat. We have given him oatmeal and rice cereal so far. As exciting as it is to get him started on the yummy stuff, I'm in no rush. I think we will stick to the basic foods for another week or so and then add some fruits in.



19 comments:

Tiffany said...

What a sweetie pie. Cereal is SO fun, but just wait until you can start trying all the really fun stuff. Stage 2 is a blast! You have one big boy on your hands. Our pediatrician is the same way, I NEVER feel rushed. She sits and talks with us for about 45 minutes, but maybe that is because we have two buggers to discuss. I can't believe how fast our boys are growing, Trevor is such a cutie.

Kahla said...

Adorable as always! Happy four months Trevor!

grace said...

It's so fun to watch a baby grow from infant stage to older-infant. Where they recognize you and interact with you. Especially ones so longed for as ours!
He's such a smiley guy!

Angelwingsbaby said...

I can't believe how fast time is going,trevor is 4 months mason is 3 months seems like we just had them. Are you guys still planning a transfer this year we are tenatively doing one this fall maybe we will be cycling together.I can't believe how fast these boys are growing up. Haven't heard from you in a while glad things are going well catch up with me soon take care, Megan

Peppermint Patty said...

He's so cute! I like his diapers with the polka dots on them!

KSDallas said...

I just found your blog through another one I read. I enjoyed reading your story!

I normally wouldn't comment on a blog I am lurking through but...

I saw you were starting Trevor on real food. I just had one suggestion and that is to start with vegetables before fruit. Ideally, you want the baby to be a good eater. If babies taste the sweetness of fruit, it can be hard to get them to eat their veggies. I did this with my daughter and it really did prove to be beneficial.

Anyway, it was just a thought that I wanted to share. Trevor is ADORABLE! Best wishes as you plan for #2.

Sue said...

Oh he is still as cute as ever! I can tell how much you love being his Mama. :)

Stace said...

What did you learn about gum brushing and sunscreen? I totally have to ask the doctor, but we don't see her til May and didn't think of it last time! I love the pictures-- cutie as always and reminds me that I have to take 8 month photos today!

Mrs. Hammer said...

Awww, look at that little man! How time flys.

twondra said...

He is soooo cute!!!

Saffy said...

Happy 1/3 birthday "little" man :)

Joy said...

He's SO DARN CUTE! Love the pics with the blocks! I did that for Z with blocks that spell her name. I got them made on Etsy:
http://www.etsy.com/view_transaction.php?transaction_id=16967326

The shop is closed right now but I LOVE my blocks!

D said...

What a cutie! You might want to start with veggies first though because if you start with the sweet fruits, it can be harder to get them to take to veggies. Just some advice from a PNP. Great photos! :)

Dawn

Once Upon A Time said...

What a frickin' cutie!

Dave and Elaine said...

Those tongue pictures are just the cutest :)

erin said...

aw! he is getting so big. i'm glad you're having an easier time with the cereal. macie is hating it! like i'm feeding her poison. it all just comes right back out. oh well!

Sara said...

So cute!!! Ava loves her food too :0) She is on third foods now and we even throw some mac n cheese in there. She is my good eater! Now my 5 year old... not so much... LOL!

book said...

我們能互相給予的最佳禮物是「真心的關懷」。 ..................................................

Mrz. Hannah Myhre said...

Aww.. So sweet!!! Such a handsom little man:)