Sunday, February 28, 2010

Toms Birthday

Tom celebrated his GOLDEN birthday last week. He turned 24 on the 24th! Back on his 21st birthday, I had just turned 20. I wasn't able to have a big celebration with him due to the circumstances and I promised him that night that I would throw him a golden b-day party. You better believe I kept my promise!! We had about 25 friends over at my sister and brother-in-laws new house. It was a lot of fun! I also surprised him with new golf clubs!!

I ordered Tom a cake with a 3-D golf ball on it, labeled Taylor Made, which is the brand of clubs I bought him. Mid-party, I came downstairs singing Happy Birthday and presented him with the cake. I said, "Does this make you want to go golfing this Spring?" He responded YES! and I said, Hey, Scott..

Our friend Scott came downstairs with the big package wrapped in gold! He was very surprised and very excited. It felt so great to make Tom feel extra special. He is such an amazing man and he rarely does anything for himself. He would have used the same clubs until he is 50 if I didn't go buy them for him!





We went out to dinner as a family of 3 on his actual birthday. It was nice to celebrate Toms first birthday as a father. We stuffed ourselves, Trevor took in the surroundings and we came home for dessert.

Now, I need to plan Trevor's baptism. It is going to be March 14th. Invites are sent; I made them myself. The guest list is huge..but this baby boy deserves a party!! I'm doing it St. Patricks Day themed and loving all my ideas thus far. I have a lot left to do, but at least I am 2 weeks ahead in my homework!

Tomorrow is March 1st, which means I am starting to exercise again. I am forcing myself to go 3 times a week until we leave for Florida mid-April. Its not that I don't enjoy going, its just I would rather be hanging with my handsome men. I need to start taking care of myself and this is the first step. I want to look good for Florida.

Speaking of Florida, I cant freakin' wait. I think about it every day. Seven days of nothing but sunshine, smiles and Mickey Mouse! I know its weeks away, but I wanted to get some travel suggestions from you guys. Trevor will be 5 months when we travel. We are staying in a home and renting a car. I think Ill buy diapers and baby food there, rather than pack it. I'm not sure what car seat he will be in then. I'm hoping the infant one still, but if not, do I lug the Britax down or rent one? What stroller do I bring? I am contemplating bringing our travel system for the airport mainly and also bringing the Combi stroller for the parks. I know what a hassle it is to collapse the giant strollers for the shuttles. We would just push Laney around in the Combi in the airport and then leave whatever stroller were not using at the house. SO much to think about!

I love getting new clothes and wearing them for the first time on vacation. I bought a few things yesterday. One dress is adorable and I tried it on for Tom when we got home. What does he say? Wow, that is pretty and it will stretch nice when you have a belly again. Great minds think alike.

About that belly were missing so...our meeting is next Monday. I know everything is going to be based off when I want to stop BFing. I am nowhere near ready. Regardless, I am going to provide Trevor with milk until he is 1, whether its from breast or bottle. Ill have some major adjusting to do soon. I know it will all be worth it in the end.

14 comments:

Stace said...

Tevor's tongue in those pictures is cracking me up!! :) Sorry, no advice for traveling, but I am SO jealous!!! Can't wait to hear about it! (And the baptism!) And Happy Late Birthday to Tom!

Peppermint Patty said...

I agree with Stace's post. That picture of Trevor with Tom is VERY cute!

prettybyrdie said...

I just found out that rental car places provide carseats, you just have to ask!

Shelly Powers said...

i would NOT rent a car seat... we made this mistake with my son when he was a baby and i wanted to cry when they brought the car seat out... just imagine a car seat from thift store or consignment sell... not good... just my suggestion... not all situations are the same but that was our experience! :)

Pam said...

My children always travel well in their own carseats. Traveling with twins I wasn't ready to bring the Britax so I bought the Graco SafeSeats that are larger for up to 30 pounds. Bringing your carseat is safer on the airplane and is a familiar clean comfy place in a rental car.

Have Fun!

Becca said...

Car seat freak that doesn't usually comment coming in here :)

I wouldn't rent a car seat!! You don't have any idea what kind of care has been taken to these seats, for all they'll tell you it could have been in an accident and they'll say it's "fine". I would take the infant seat if he's still under the weight limit. Otherwise the Britax seats aren't too bad to lug on a plane (and if the flight attendants try to give you any crap about putting him rear facing they can't... just ignore them lol). They do make a strap kit that can attach a car seat to a rolling suitcase too, I can't remember the name of it, but I think you can get it at most stores.

The pictures are adorable by the way!!

Ace said...

Aw, happy birthday Tom.

I love the pics of Trevor "golfing" and sticking his tongue out!

Beth said...

To keep Trevor happy throughout the flight, just make sure he's sucking on a bottle or breastfeeding for both take-off and landing. If you do that, you'll have one happy baby! Also, we traveled with our convertible carseat. It really was quite easy. The airport made it super easy for us!

Melissa said...

Love the pic of your hubby and Trevor...his little smile is adorable.

Mrs.Joe said...

I don't have any advice for traveling with an infant (unless you count my husband) but I cannot wait to see adorable Disney pictures of Trevor!

Molly said...

Happy B-day to Tom! What an awesome celebration you gave him!

We have been to Disney World with Coop several times. I would suggest having a stroller that is comfy for sleeping in the park. We took our travel system when he was that age, and it folded fine for the plane. Then we just took the infant carrier on with us.
Good luck! You are going to have a blast as a parent there. :)

Nicole said...

Yeah I am SUPER interested in what your RE says about FET after baby, and with the BFing issue. I'm only half way through pregnancy and I wonder about that. Happy bday to you hub!

Dave and Elaine said...

Love that last pic with Trevor's tongue!! Too cute!

監控 said...

「不可能」這個字詞,在聰明人的字典中是找不到的。........................................