Monday, January 4, 2010

Wisconsin Dells

A few weeks back, we took Trevor on his first weekend getaway. On December 19th, my sister graduated with her Masters degree. We just HAD to celebrate the wonderful accomplishment!

My entire family attended the graduation, other than Tom, Trevor, me and Tyler. My sister, Jeralyn, wanted someone to watch Tyler, considering he doesn't sit for more than 2 minutes at a time. We packed up all our stuff, all the dogs and headed to our cottage in Wisconsin. We dropped the pups at the house and then drove to meet the rest of the fam at a restaurant in Fox Lake.
Irish Angel
Our newest look-a-like picture
Robertson family-Trev was playing with his tongue

The proud graduate with her other "accomplishments"

After dinner, we went back to the cottage and relaxed. We love being there even more now that Trevor is in our lives. He is going to love going there as he gets older. The cottage is completely paid for and will be in our family for MANY years to come. :) I cant wait to get him on the boat this summer!

I hope Trevor is JUST like this sweet 5 yr. old
We woke up Sunday and started getting ready to head to the Dells. It was supposed to be our little family and my sisters. Unfortunately, my BIL's work needed him to come in Monday and Tuesday even though he was supposed to be off. So, Jeralyn ended up bringing her three kids and my older nephew Mikey. Before we left, Trevor had a nice bath and a nap in his travel swing.
My portable bath tub :)

He loves the sound this giraffe makes!

After an almost 3 hour drive, we made it to Wisconsin Dells! We checked in and pretty much ran to the water park. Trevor was a big fan! We took him in the kiddie area and put his toes and legs in. He looked so relaxed, just like when hes in the tub. Then, we would wrap him up and go by the hot tub. Id sit on the outside with my legs in and he would completely pass it. It was like the water exhausted him!









After the water park, we went back to our rooms and relaxed.


By relaxed, I mean played..

We slept together in our King bed. It was heavenly. It was snowing the next morning and I layed Trevor by the window. He happily sat there for an hour, staring and smiling. It was super cute.



Then, we had breakfast with Santa. It was a delicious buffet.



I LOVE this one. Delaney is being so motherly and telling him its okay..
PS-When you're 10, you're too cool to take pics with Santa, therefore, no Mikey picture.


Someone just woke up..
We spent the day at the water park again and headed up that evening. It was such a fun, quick little trip. Next up on Trevor's travel agenda-first plane ride. :0)

16 comments:

Baby Wanted said...

Beautiful pictures-but I'm so lost...was the water park indoors because I see you guys outside and then I see a post with snow, lol!

Mandy said...

What a fun getaway weekend!

Jessica said...

Great pics! I love these posts with lots of pictures. The angle of that picture of Tom holding Trev at the water park makes Trevor look SO tiny! He's getting so, so cute!

The Laughlins said...

What a cutie!!!

Stephanie said...

That is too funny to see you in bathing suits and then the snow picture! lol
How fun!
Those are great pics! Looks like you all had a wonderful time!!
You look great by the way :)

The Ashes said...

Love Delaney's duck robe!

amanda said...

looks like fun!! where did you guys stay at? we've looked into waterparks in the dells (it's only about 2 hours from us)

The Patterson's said...

Aww...looks like you had a wonderful time!

Kahla said...

He is so cute, I can't believe how fast they grow. Sounds like a great little get-away!

twondra said...

Love all the pictures! Looks like so much fun!! I love the water parks in WI Dells. :)

Meant to be a mom said...

Love all the family pictures. Looks like you guys had a great weekend.

Sara said...

We go to the Dells every year! Actually we are heading up there in Feb. Where did you guys stay?

Amber said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog. I have been following yours for a while now and even checked in daily while you were in the hospital so I could see the first pictures of your little guy. 40 weeks is such a long time to be pregnant! I'm hoping to meet our little one sooner than later! I love the pic of Trevor smiling, what a little cutie.

Sara said...

Thank ya! She's my little princess

:0)

We are stayimg at Hotel Rome at Mt. Olympus. We have never stayed there before so I am hoping it is nice. We usually stay at Great Wolf.

Sarah said...

I've been lurking around your blog for a few months now...I can't remember how I stumbled upon it.
We, too, have a little miracle baby through IVF (ours is now 20 months old and a sweet little girl).
Just wanted to wish you many blessings in this coming year with your new little bundle of joy.
Everyone says it, but it is true: Children are such an amazing gift from God.
Hugs,
Sarah (Ella's mom)

Peppermint Patty said...

Love the Dells.

I also liked Trevor's "Stud Muffin" shirt. :)