Monday, January 25, 2010

My Son

Trevor Michael-

Today you are ten weeks and 5 days old. It is another extraordinary day in our ordinary life. You, my love, are the extraordinary part. I often sit and think about all we went through to get to you. Today, I sat and thought how much you did to get to us. How did we get so lucky?

One of my favorite times of day is when I prop you on my lap with my knees bent. It gives us the perfect angle to view eachother. We sit and talk, you coo and smile. The whole world around us stops spinning. Phones go unanswered, dogs get ignored, to-do lists dont exist. Its just a mother and her son, falling more and more in love.

Did you hear that, Trevor? A mother and her son. I am still getting used to being called a mother. I have worn many hats in my life so far. Daughter, Sister, Niece, Cousin, Aunt, Wife. Nothing has ever felt more natural than being your Mother. I know it is the reason for my existence.

No one will ever love you like I do.

Mama


23 comments:

Sue said...

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!
Super sweet. You two are so cute together and lucky to have each other!

Allisyn said...

that love/bond between a Mother and her Son is like no other. Even when your Son is married, he will still need his mother and you will still need your son. I have one son who is married and living in Argentina I hope that they both will be home this summer and able to have a daughter or son of their own.

Once Upon A Time said...

I'll second the awwwww. Adorable!

Fiamma said...

beautiful post, as usual Erin! you write beautifully- and that baby boy is so stinkin' cute!!!! I just want to hug him and kiss him. You are so cute together!
Hugs to both of you, Fiamma

Candace said...

So adorable! Love your blog and thanks for adding me to your blogroll! :)

Ace said...

So precious! You are a great Mommy!

Melissa said...

you reallllly make me want one.

Ashley said...

Awww what a sweet post! :)

Kelsey said...

Adorable! Thanks again for adding me to your blogroll! I'm sure I'll be emailing you questions in the next few months! Thanks!
-Kelsey

twondra said...

Awww, so sweet Erin! Absolutely love the picture of the 2 of you!!

Jodi said...

Awww...so cute! Your post made me tear up! The picture is precious too. You're a great mom!

Jodi said...

Oh, and I just noticed you added me to your blog roll! Thanks!!!

Stephanie said...

What a sweet post!
There is nothing like a mother/son relationship!!
My son is 7 and is just as much my little love as he was when he was a baby!!

Amber said...

What a sweet post! Little boys are the best, but I'm a little partial :)

Tiffany said...

Awwww what a sweet post. The bond we have with our babies is so truly amazing.

Melissa said...

What a great post...its the 2nd time I read it:)

Being called Mom is the best and even after a year it still amazes me.

You son is a cutie!

Dianne said...

Hey There!! Sorry it has been so long since I have commented! I have been a very bad blogger. I just saw that you guys are trying for number 2 but you are still breast feeding. How does that work if you don't mind me asking (we have frozen embryos as well, thank God). My RE said that when we have this little one and we are ready to try for number two it would be after we stopped breast feeding.

Good Luck!!!

Meant to be a mom said...

So sweet.

Mommy said...

I can't believe how old his is already! Time is flying! Your little guy is absolutely adorable!

The Ashes said...

Very cute baby and very cute PJs!!

Sara said...

You are so sweet :0)

Mama Laughlin said...

so sweet! isn't being a mama the best!?!?

ps. i left you a little prize over on my blog!

kanishk said...

hope that they both will be home this summer and able to have a daughter or son of their own.

Work from home India