Friday, January 22, 2010

Mall of America

We had a BLAST last weekend at the Mall of America. We went on the trip with our good friends, Christina and Anthony and their 15 month old daughter Madison. They are such a great couple..we love spending time with them. We vowed to make this a yearly thing..but next year the guys have somewhere warm in mind!

We left bright and early Saturday morning. Trevor ended up falling asleep while going through security and slept almost the entire flight. The flight was short and sweet. We woke him when there was about 20 minutes left, so he could eat. We didn't want him wailing while we were trying to get to our hotel.
Daddys Little Wingman!!

Nursin' on a plane


Were going to borrow that harness when we fly to FL in a few months

There were few people in the airport and we had our baggage ten minutes after we landed. We got outside just in time to catch the shuttle to our hotel. Everything went soo smoothly. We arrived at the hotel and they allowed us to check in early, which was great with two babies. We changed and headed to the Mall of America about an hour later.

I love his face in this one

The mall was really neat. The amusement park was awesome! I would have loved to go on the rides if we didn't have a little one and my tail bone wasn't hurt. (Info on that coming soon!) The mall was enormous. There was every store you could imagine and I was surprised by how many boutique-like shops there were. We ate lunch and covered a bit of the mall before we realized how tired we were from traveling. Before we left, I bought my first item-the Lanie doll from American Girl..for my Laney! All the adults in the fam chipped in $20. Ya know, she HAD to have the doll with her name!


We went back to our rooms and lounged before calling it an early night. I bought Trevor and Maddie matching jammies. They looked adorable!



Trevor slept okay. He has been sleeping through the night since NYE. I swear it was his resolution..He woke up twice each night..would eat for a few minutes and fall back asleep. He loved sleeping in our big king bed. Sunday morning we woke up and talked for a good 30 minutes. How I love our morning conversations. :) I propped him up with pillows, turned on cartoons and shook Tom to let him know I was hopping in the shower and Trev would likely fuss in a few minutes. After a glorious 20 minute shower, I came back to find him in the same spot and Tom sound asleep. I was floored that he sat there content for so long. Ah, my lil TV junkie.

What I found..

We relaxed a bit in the lobby waiting for the shuttle. Madison is still mastering walking and is tons of fun to watch. She usually heads straight for a crowd.




Trevor is his favorite sling

Of course, I LOVE this outfit..my peanut

Where is his bow?



We covered another huge chunk of the mall, had a light lunch and got tired feet! Tom and I bought new cell phones. We were ready for upgrades and I have been dying for a phone with a better camera. Now that I have a great subject, ya know. We bought Trevor some real cowboy boots, that look just like Mommy's.
We went back to the hotel and went in the pool/hot tub for a bit. Not before another photo shoot..





Christina's family wanted to treat us to dinner, so we went to Outback. It was delicious! Our hotel shuttle took us there for free. They were super accommodating the entire trip.
Monday was my birthday. I woke up and was in a wonderful mood knowing it was my first birthday as a Mother. What more could I ask for? We packed our bags, checked our luggage downstairs and headed to the mall one last time. While there, Tom went off to the "bathroom" and came back with the IPOD I wanted and a sweet card.
Self timed family pic

Kangaroo baby

We went back to the hotel, grabbed our bags and headed to the airport. We had a lot of time to kill and had lunch there. Our flight was delayed for 30 minutes. We were thankful it wasn't more. Trevor was amazing on the flight home. He passed out while we were waiting and then woke up as we were boarding. The flight attendants were talking to us for a bit and then went on the intercom and said something like, "Can Trevor from the mid-section please quiet down?" It was cute and funny. He stayed awake the entire flight and I nursed him upon take off and landing.

The whole trip was just wonderful. This baby was meant to travel. We can not wait for our next vacation. He will be 5 months and even more fun, I'm sure!

21 comments:

Karen said...

Trevor is just getting cuter and cuter - such beautiful blue eyes. Sounds like you had a wonderful trip. Have a great weekend!

AKGrant said...

Fun Trip! I'm curious about the sling in your pictures. It looks really comfortable. Is it home made or did you purchase it somewhere? I would love to know more!

Ashley said...

Sounds like a great trip! I love the pictre of Trevor and your hubby on the bed with them both sleeping. So precious! :)

Stace said...

Your family is beautiful! Love the photos and it sounded like a great trip!

twondra said...

Awwww, so cute! I just love all the pictures! Glad you guys had a good time at the mall! We walk the mall every year for the Juvenile Diabetes walk so I know how big that thing is. :)

LOVE the peanut outfit!!! Did you get that as a gift? I would love to know how to get one. :)

Peppermint Patty said...

Adorable pics! Trevor is such a cutie!

Your husband and friend look like brothers.

I like Trevor's hoodie with the elephant eating peanuts. Sweet!

Jamie said...

He is so cute! Where did you get your necklace? I have a similar one from Mommy Necklaces but want more, my 5 month old has been really distracted lately and that is one of the only things that works.

Sue said...

Oh Erin he is so cute! Love the tickers at the top! Glad you had a great vacation and bday :)

Sara @ Domestically Challenged said...

Yay! I saw the title of this and had to stop by! I live in Minnesota and am at MOA every month or so. I could (and have) spent 8+ hours shopping there and not seen all the stores I want!
Very beautiful family!

Mike and Katie said...

He has changed so much as his little face is filling out. So cute!

MOA is quite a place. It's been I while since I've been there.

The Ashes said...

Where did you get that sling?? Its amazing. My sis is having a baby this summer, and she'd love a sling like that. Just her style too. She wouldnt want something overly baby or girly looking.

kim_brough said...

As a woman who isn't into all that, I so appreciate that you're using a Hooter Hider! What a cute baby boy you have on your hands.

Also, curious about your living situation since you sold you house. Where you be living at?? ha ha

☆ Loren ☆ said...

Okay, you spoiled me with this post! I could stare at that adorbale babe all day long!! :) Thanks for your comment on my post, I have to admit your the blogger I admire the most because we are alot alike, so I suspect when IF treatments begin again I will contact you for advice. Thank you for being there for me!

Brittany said...

Your baby boy is TOO CUTE!!

I love your sling!! Must know more about it, what kind is it? where could I purchase one??

Melinda said...

What a fun getaway! Trevor looks so big in some of those pictures! He's just adorable!!

Melissa said...

I love your family pic - you guys are so cute. Thats SO NICE that your little guy likes to travel!

Cari said...

So cute! He is getting so big and adorable. Glad you had a great time on your trip.

And where did you get that sling? I love it!!!

Meant to be a mom said...

Happy birthday. I'm glad you guys had a good trip. The mall of America looks so fun. Trevor is a doll. Cooper has the wingman shirt too and I just love it. These boys are just adorable in there little boy clothes.
also those little Cowboy boots are just absolutely adorable! I love those.

Staci said...

What a handsome boy! Best of luck on getting your...cashew :)

E. Williamson said...

Trevor is just a doll!! So Cute... but, I have to say one thing.. they are super easy to travel with when they are his age.. it's when they get to be 5 months their attention span is limited and they are MUCH smarter! Don't get me wrong, they are super fun, but they also know what they want. I'm anxious to see how your next trip goes... Praying for a smooth one :)

kanishk said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful trip. Have a great weekend!

Work from home India