Monday, December 14, 2009

Spectacular Saturday

Before I start babbling, I wanted to answer a few ?'s I have been asked lately.

1-No, we do not cloth diaper. That was just for pictures.
2-The kids I nanny for are 2, 3, and 5. Essentially, my days are spent as a SAHM of 4 children under 5. Its a lot of work, but I love it. Oh, and TODAY she told me that she is pregnant. Things are going to get interesting.
3-I would love to meet with fellow bloggers while in Minnesota. Our time there is short, but I wouldnt pass up this opportunity! Please send me a direct email to TERobertson18@aol.com if you want to set something up!!
4-The best way to contact me and be guaranteed a response, is that email. I check if many times a day and get back to people in a somewhat timely fashion. :)

We had an exceptionally wonderful day this past Saturday. First off, we all got a full nights rest, as Trevor slept from 12:30 am to 8:45 am!! I woke up before him! He has been sleeping well for about ten days. Usually from 10 or 11 until 4 or 5. He has gotten into a little routine and its been very nice.

After we shook off the shock of our rock star baby sleeping so well, we gave Trevor his first bath in his real tub. He LOVED it! He was so calm and relaxed. We put a heater in the bathroom about 10 minutes before we undressed him. It was so warm and toasty in there. I gave him his usual mini massage with lotion after the bath and for the first time, he seemed to really enjoy it.



We headed out with our squeaky clean Trevor for his very first playdate! My friend Jenn, who also got pregnant via IVF, had her son, Logan, just 9 days after Trevor was born. The Mommy's were too excited to introduce our baby boys! We met at Bass Pro Shop to take a picture with Santa. Let me tell ya, Trevy is a big fan! He was fussing a bit in my arms because I only gave him one boob *standing in a bathroom stall, I might add*. I was sure the picture would be a disaster, but reminded myself that it was free. Sure enough, I set Mr. Trevor in the big guys arms and he was content and stared at that white beard. It was adorable!

Afterward, we went to lunch so the Mamas and Daddy could catch up. They are the only real life couple we know that went through IVF. Its amazing the connection you share. We hope to get the boys together once a month so we can watch them grow together. :)



We returned home and relaxed for a bit. Then, it happened. A big milestone I wasnt anticipating just yet. I was holding Trevor and talking away when all of a sudden, HE SMILED AT ME! A REAL SMILE! My heart totally stopped beating for a second there. It was truly one of the best moments in my life. It wasnt just a fluke either. He did it another time, as I was screaming for Tom to come see. He took a break from showing off for a few hours and smiled for both of us later in the night. Ahh.. my son smiles.
Here are Trevors one month pictures. I plan on taking one with his giraffe and a close up with the blocks each month until he is 1 year old!


Who can resist putting a new baby in a stocking? I cant!

Next up? A Tyler and Trevor photo shoot.
Trevor thinking..who is this beast?

These two are going to be trouble..


Tyler thinking..am I really that bad?
Two more pictures from the week. A chubby guy and sleeping angels.


Happy Monday!

14 comments:

Sue said...

Awwwwww, so cute!!! And he smiled!! How wonderful :)

cady said...

Love the stocking picture! You're lucky Trevor likes bath time. Lucy HATES it with a passion!

Kelly said...

Cute pictures!
When are you coming to MN? Where are you visiting?!

Stephanie said...

I am so behind!!!! Seriously coming to your blog and seeing a baby-your baby-is the best thing ever!!!!!

I am inlove with the picture of you and Trevor with him over your shoulder and the one of him with Daddy!!!! Those are frameworthy!

Jessica said...

These are great pictures! Trevor is getting so cute!

Stephanie RN BSN (to be!) said...

As always, great pictures! You are settling in to being a family of 3 very nicely :)

Stephanie said...

Wow, this post reminded me so much of my Landon!!
First off, the pic of him in the towel after hids bath looks EXACTLY like one of his pics when he was a baby!
And second, the stocking pic! Landon was born in December so the hospital puts the babies in a stocking to bring them to their parents for the first time! My chunker was over 10 lbs and wouldnt fit in the stocking so they had to lay it on top of him! lol
Trev is just adorable!!
Love the Santa pic!!!

Nicole said...

Awww, I BET that was such a great moment when Trevor smiled!!! :) Cute boy. And how fun is it that you had a friend IRL who did IVF and had a boy same time as you?!

Meant to be a mom said...

Oh my, Trevor is so stinking cute. Yay bud! Good job sleeping all night, I know mommy and daddy are very happy!
Also how fun that you have a friend you can relate to with the ivf. Its nice to have someone who understands.

Baby Wanted said...

AWE, so cute! He just melts my heart every time and I love seeing you so happy!

Joy (When Does Daddy Come Home?!) said...

So precious!!! I'm waiting for my little one to start laughing now!

Jenni said...

Erin, I am a "lurker" who has followed your blog since shortly before you were pregnant with Trevor. I don't even remember now how I came across your blog, but I'm finally commenting to say Congrats, Trevor is beautiful.

Funny enough, my daughter (who has 3 little girls) got pregnant just after you with her 4th and last baby, due on 11/17. They didn't know until his gender until after he was born as they chose not to find out this time around. They were SO shocked, and thrilled to have a boy! And the funny part, he was born on the same day as Trevor. =) I have enjoyed seeing you and your little family grow, have fun with him, he's the best investment in life that you'll ever make, aside from your sweet husband!!

said...

我們不是因為快樂而歌唱,而是唱歌使我們快樂..................................................

Peppermint Patty said...

Loved all your pictures! Esp. the one of Daddy and Trevor sleeping!