Wednesday, November 18, 2009

One Week

Trevor Michael-Happy One Week Birthday, Buggy! Somehow, it is hard to remember life before you. Your first week started out rough. It broke Mama and Daddy's hearts to not be able to give you your first bath, change your diaper and snuggle you for hours. You needed a little extra care from the doctors before we were able to do that! When they released you to us, it was the best feeling ever. Finally, we were responsible for your precious life. A life that has been wonderful since leaving the hospital last week.

You surpassed all my expectations and are the most beautiful baby I have ever seen. You look exactly like your Daddy! Although, you were blessed with Mamas lips. You have long fingers and huge feet. They had to put your footprints sideways on the card they were so big! You have blue eyes and I believe they will stay that way. Your skin is flawless and has been since the moment you were born.

Trevor, you are the sweetest boy. You only cry when you need something. Even then, your cry is soft. You love being touched and cuddled. You also love hearing our voices. You follow them with your eyes and your head. One of your fave past times is sleeping with Daddy. I'm pretty sure its his favorite, too.

Daddy and I both love you so incredibly much. Thank you for coming into our life and completing our puzzle.

Mama

************************

Here are pictures of me one week post delivery. I have one pound to lose before I am at pre-pregnancy weight. Then, I have to work on IVF weight and will hopefully reach my goal weight! I look very tired. Blame the baby. :)



************************

A birth story, NICU re-cap and other posts are coming. I am having a hard time finding sufficient time to sit down and write about my greatest accomplishment..



37 comments:

kim_brough said...

It's probably a little pathetic how much I've been waiting for a post from you! Ha. Can't wait to hear the birth story!

Joy said...

I'm with Kim- been so excited to hear more about your birth experience and your newest addition!

Megan said...

He is so very beautiful! I am excited to here your story too! I am a sap for birth stories.... ♥

Ashley said...

He is adorable! Glad everything is going well.

Kahla said...

Awww, he's adorable! You look great! Can't wait to hear all the stories, but I totally get the lack of time thing!!!! Isn't it great!?!?!

Carol said...

He indeed is a beautiful baby! I'm so happy you found the time to post for us lurkers but I remember how time consuming, overwhelming, and joyful those first days at home with a new baby are!

Alex(andra) said...

I found your blog through Steph at Life Set Apart and I just wanted to jump in and say that Trevor is absolutely beautiful! Many congrats on him, and like everyone else, I'm excited to hear the birth story!

Molly said...

Erin, I am so happy for you! Trevor is perfect! My little one had huge feet that had to go sideways on the card, and they haven't stopped growing! Forget the infant shoes. :)

Staci said...

He is so adorable :) Don't know why you wouldn't have time to post (Ha! Ha!) Take your time and enjoy that beautiful miracle.

6p0120a5170d75970b said...

He is so beautiful, congratulations once again. It is so hard to find time to brush your hair and drink your coffee before it turns stone cold in those first few weeks (actually thinking about it I'm not sure I've managed a hot cup of coffee yet and my babe's 7 months now!)I'm surprised you've found time to post at all! x

Sue said...

Oh I just can't believe how good he looks for a newborn!!! What an adorable baby, Erin! Thanks for sharing and you look fab :)

Dan and Gretchen said...

You look Great! I was so excited to see you updated, but I too am waiting to hear how it all went :) Get some rest and update when you have time (good luck finding it) :)

MOM said...

WOW....What a handsome boy! Congrats....so adorable

Stephanie RN BSN (to be!) said...

You look amazing! Please don't feel like you have to keep up with posts like you did before Trevor came. Enjoy the time you have with him because blog posts can wait...you can't ever get these days back with him :)

Allison said...

You look great! I'm so jealous of you right now! I can't wait to hold Noah! Trevor is so precious and I know you are just eating him up! Can't WAIT for the birth story!

Kelly said...

Erin, he is so precious! You look amazing, I can only hope I look like that 3 weeks after delivery!

Brooke said...

You look amazing! I am still trying to loose the pregnancy weight 2 years later. Ha! Well enjoy every sweet moment with your little man and I can't wait to hear the birth story and NICU story!

Tonia said...

Oh Erin, Trevor is so gorgeous. I am so happy for you all!! I know you are enjoying all the snuggle time so I don't have to tell you to do that :)

So glad things are going well. You are a beautiful mommy!!

jenn said...

love the pictures! hes so precious!
and you look great!!!!! 1 week post baby! wow!

Momma and Her Doodle said...

I am amazed how big he is from such tiny petite woman. Way to go Erin!

You look awesome...

Trevor is adorable and looks so comfortable.

Remember when they are this little you can not spoil him too much :)

Jen, Terry, and Ethan said...

Erin, you look great and Trevor is adorable! I can't wait to hear your stories.

LucieP said...

ooh Erin & Tom! I have goosebumps from reading your post and feeling your thoughts...today my youngest turns 2 and I have enjoyed every single day!
Continue!!!!

You look beautiful!

Meant to be a mom said...

What a cutie pie angel baby. Congrats again.

You look fabulous. And so happy!
I'm excited to hear the birth story and I'm so glad that little Trevor is doing good now.

twondra said...

Awww, you're so sweet and such a great momma. :) Love your postbirth belly!

The Patterson's said...

Aww...he is too precious!!! And, you look great!

Jessica said...

He is just beautiful! And you are beautiful, can't believe you look that good only one week post baby!

Looking forward to the birth story!

Kami said...

You both look wonderful!!! I am over the moon for you guys!

Kami

Dianne said...

Wow you look great!!! I am so happy for you I could scream!!!

The Beaver Bunch said...

He is precious! Glad you are enjoying your time with your sweet blessing from God.

Stace said...

Oh Erin, I am so happy for you! I have been checking back like crazy for your story. I'm so glad he's home, that he's yours, and that you're a family. :) Congrats and I will be checking back!!

Suzy said...

Little Trevor is beautiful!!

Ashley said...

You look AMAZING! HE is soooo cute;) I cant wait to hear the birth story!

Ashley said...

You look AMAZING! HE is soooo cute;) I cant wait to hear the birth story!

Peppermint Patty said...

He is absolutely precious! A gift from the Lord!

Courtney said...

How wonderful! He looks great, you look great! This is going to be a great holiday season for you!

Tiffany said...

You look great and he is such a doll.

Kalle said...

He's beautiful. I'm so excited your back to blogging and super excited to read the birth story. HOpe you're finding time to rest.