Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Ten Days

*I am ten days from my due date and I ache from head to toe. Everything is sore. Every inch of me is stretched and strained. I was woken up three times last night. Once to pee. Twice from contractions. And let me say, I am so thankful to be where I am today. I think of where I was a year ago. We found out on Halloween last year that yet another IUI hadn't worked. I sucked it up and went with my niece and nephews trick or treating. It was painful, seeing all the adorable children enjoying their day. I had no idea when I would be celebrating Halloween with one of my own children. Here I am, one year later. It seems that we wont celebrate Halloween this year, but I already know what our little guy will be next year..

*I am super excited that we will be taking advantage of Southwests huge sale going on right now. It looks like Peanut will experience his first flight when hes roughly 2 months old. I can not wait! I believe quite a few blog readers live in the area we will be seeing. Perhaps well set something up and meet!

*Tomorrow evening I return to the OB. I am REALLY hoping all these contractions have done something. I also hope my blood pressure has lowered. If it hasnt, I may be put on bedrest. I am very anxious to hear how the remainder of this pregnancy will be spent. Regardless, I know I will have a smile on my face.

*Oh, and Toms surgery went well. He ended up getting 3 widsom teeth out. The 4th wasnt irriatating anything and was close to a nerve, so they skipped it. He looked like a ghost when I got home yesterday, but felt much better after getting some fluids and pain killers in his system. He rested all day and I plan on taking care of him again tonight. He plans to return to work tomorrow, as he wants to use his other vacation days when someone decides to make his debut..

16 comments:

Jess said...

Poor Tom! I remember how much my wisdom teeth hurt and I got mine taken out 11 years ago! I was not strong enough to go back to school the next day but then again, who really wants to go to school! Tom is such a good dad for wanting to work through the pain and spend more time with his son!

It is wonderful to see how things have changed in one year. I can't believe a year ago from this Halloween you were sad and longing for a baby!

babyparamore.blogspot.com

Dan and Gretchen said...

Wow...I can't believe it's this time for you already!!! I'm so excited to get on here and see that you've had him...and of course to see what you name him as well :) Best wishes to you, and I hope everything goes as you PLAN :) You're going to be a great momma and it is by far the GREATEST gift from God!!!

The Patterson's said...

Hope your appointment goes well and there has been some progress! Glad to hear that Tom's surgery went well. I'm sure you will have a great trip after Peanut is here.

Stephanie said...

Oh yes I remember these finals days very clearly....they are exciting yet tiresome and painful. Fun though...there's really nothing else like it and the anticipation is unlike anything else you'll ever experience!

Glad Tom did okay!!! I remember getting my wisdom teeth out in hs and it was not fun!!!

Dawn said...

Hi,I love reading your blog and living through you with this pregnancy. I'm so glad that you are savoring the moments, even the not so fun ones. It took us awhile to conceive as well and although at the time I didn't know my daughter would be my only child, I did cherish all the moments. Even the not so great ones. I was so grateful that I was finally able to conceive, carry and even have an unplanned c-section.
It goes by so so fast. So just remember that when you face an obstacle. It does get better. And take advantage of anything you can get your hands on in the hospital. I so wished I would have grabbed more of those, for lack of a better name, snot suckers. The hospital ones work the best!
I can't wait to read more updates on your family.

Kriss said...

Erin, I can't believe you only have 9 days left (although it could be today, tomorrow). I keep checking your blog to see, "I am in labor." LOL! Praying for you and baby a safe delivery. Also praying that Tom heals nicely with NO DRYSOCKETS. I had all four out at 26yrs and got four drysockets. I was in so much pain that I couldn't even think straight. I want Tom to feel good and be able to be there for you and baby! Looking forward to his name. -kriss

twondra said...

I hope Tom feels better

Can't wait for your peanut to make his grand appearance! Can't beleive you're soooo close!!

April said...

I can't believe it's almost time! How exciting!

Allison said...

I'm starting to get really excited!! I can't believe he's almost here! I'm going to have to start blog-stalking you to make sure I don't miss anything in the days to come!

WantWait&Pray said...

Oh my gosh, I am getting SO EXCITED for you! Your baby will be here SOOOOOOOOOON!

Gina said...

No post since Wednesday... hmmm... is baby perhaps here?!

Momma and Her Doodle said...

I hope the no posting recently is a sign that a little boy has touch not just your heart but your arms as well.

Carol said...

Yes, I've been checking and checking for the doctor's report from the other day! Hope you are okay.

The Rileys said...

we are anxiously awaiting a new post...is the new little man in your life here???

Mush said...

Well?

Joy said...

LOL! We're all wondering where you are!