Thursday, October 8, 2009

One Month

Yesterday marked one month until Peanut is due.

Oh.my.Goodness!

There is so much to be done between now and his arrival, which could very well be sooner than expected. Mommy's guess is October 28th. Daddy's guess is November 2nd. For the record. :)

Monday we attended a breastfeeding class. Honestly, it was a waste of time. I'm not sure what I was expecting..I just wanted to gain confidence in knowing what to do. I know too many people that planned to breastfeed and gave up because it was too hard. I do not want that to be me! My sister knows everything about breastfeeding, so I know I can lean on her if the need arises.

Tuesday was our last childbirth class. Talk about surreal! We reviewed a lot and did some fun activities. I feel confident and well informed. I'm so glad we took the class. We are going to write our birth plan and Daddy cheat sheet this weekend and then discuss them with the doctor on Wednesday. After I get her feedback, Ill post what we came up with.

I am really anxious for my appointment next Wednesday. There is something major going on in my cervix department, so I'm curious to see what she finds!

I cant believe we've kept his name a secret this long. I am really glad we decided to! Everyone knows around when hes coming..they know he is a boy..we needed to have some excitement thrown in there! I plan on having my laptop handy and will have Tom post as soon as little guy arrives.

..In roughly one month, I will be a real, live, official Mother. Life is beautiful.

19 comments:

Mush said...

Bump pics?!! xxx

Jess said...

Yes, I agree with Mush! Where is the belly pictures?

How exciting...one more month and you will be a mama to a beautiful baby boy!

babyparamore.blogspot.com

Jenn said...

That's exciting! SO CLOSE!!!

Meant to be a mom said...

I agree we need a bump pic for sure. I can't wait to find out the name. Its so soon!!!

Dianne said...

Wow, I remember your post telling us all that you were pregnant!! I can't believe it is almost here!!!

Mrs. Hammer said...

*sigh* I'm so excited for you. The clock is ticking down!

Joy said...

I vote for an October baby!!! Best month of the year!

BFing class was super boring, IMO, and didn't end up helping us when the time came to have our first baby.

I can't wait to see the birth plan!

Ashley said...

I'm soooo excited for you Erin!!! It's soooo close;) It could be any day now. I can't wait to see pics of your beauitful little man. We do need a bump pic Mama!!

Allison said...

I seriously cannot wait to hear his name!!! Where is the belly pics?!! :)

twondra said...

Wow! Time sure flies! I can't believe it'll only be a month!!

WantWait&Pray said...

I'm so happy for you...your pregnancy FLEW by....1 more month? Crazy!
Can't wait to see pics of the little guy! Yay!!!

Jessica said...

I love reading about your excitement and the sense of wonder and awe of becoming a mom.
I'm going to vote for the October date. One of my sisters was supposed to be a November baby and she was born in October.

Angela said...

IMHO you were a real live official mother the second you got pregnant. All the things you've been doing to prepare for peanut and to keep him healthy inside you are mothering. You are a wonderful mother and I'm sure you will continue to be one when he's out and you get to hold him in your arms...oh happy day!

Also, about breastfeeding. I had a tremendously hard time with my first and ended up going to see a lactation consultant at the hospital a couple times. ...then went on to nurse her until she was 2 1/2 :-) In hindsight I SO wish I had asked to see a lactation consultant in the hospital before we even went home. That would've really started us out on the right path... They are there at the hospital to help, so might as well take advantage. :-)

I can't wait to see his beautiful little face!

Tabitha said...

Oh wow, only one month left? I remember when you were blogging about IVF and now your so close to being a real, live Mama! God is so good!

MoDLin said...

You're in the home stretch now. Glad to read things are looking so good. I look forward to reading the big news of your boy's arrival.

Mimi said...

I just can't believe you are almost there. It seems like yesterday you posted your pee stick. You are going to be holding him in your arms in no time at all! I am so happy for you!

Kami

Jess said...

Check out my blog! You've been given an award!

babyparamore.blogspot.com

Jess said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Alison said...

Its amazing how fast time flies! Good luck getting all your last minute stuff together!

{{{Hugs}}}

I gave you a blog award . . . check out my blog for more info!