Monday, October 26, 2009

Movement Scare

Last night, Tommy and I were laying in bed and I stated that I hadn't felt the baby much all day. His movement has slowed down a ton, but I still usually notice it. He is usually a crazy baby when we climb in bed for the night and we were getting nothing out of him. If I pushed on a limb, Id get a very minimal reaction. We started to worry a bit and decided to call the doctor. She said what I knew she would, go get monitored. Off to Labor and Delivery, we went!

We checked in and I was monitored for almost an hour. About 2 seconds after she strapped the monitors on, he was jumping all over the place. Figures. We knew that was what would happen, but better safe than sorry! I was mainly concerned because of my high blood pressure last Friday, which was also high last night. Also, the doctor said the most important thing to pay attention to was a decrease in fetal movement. The nurse was kind and understanding. She said I was having quite a few contractions during monitoring, none of which I felt. She spoke with the doctor and I got the go ahead to be released.

She told me to return when my contractions are 3-5 minutes apart for 2+ hours. Of course, she also said to watch the movement and for any leaking fluid. She said if my water breaks, come in right away. We were off and got home about 1 am. Needless to say, were pretty tired today.

We had a super busy weekend otherwise. I finally feel like were ready for him. Tom has his surgery tomorrow. It would be true "Tom and Erin" fashion for my water to break while hes under..but I don't think that'll happen. My last day of work is Friday. Depending on how my appointment goes Thursday evening, we may go to the cottage for the weekend. We would be about 1 hr. 15 minutes away from the hospital, so the doctor may advise me not to go. If I am still not dilated at all on Thursday, my almost-due booty will be in a car driving to Twin Lakes!

Before I go..a picture or two. :)

37 Weeks

38 Weeks..hours before our L & D trip

Next up-questions about our birth preferences and hospital bag. Ill save that for tomorrow..

16 comments:

The Patterson's said...

So glad everything is okay with the little guy! That is how it would work for me...start moving when we go somewhere after saying that I didn't feel anything. And, what a cute belly!! Love the pumpkin!

Jenn said...

Love the Pumpkin!

Laura said...

Glad the little man started movin again! Aww what a cute belly!! You are looking great still! I was a swollen mess the week before I delivered! Yay for you!

Ashley said...

You look great! I love the painting a pumpkin on your belly pic. Such a cute idea!

Staci said...

So glad little man started kickin' it up for you! Maybe he's starting to conserve his energy for the big day :)

I know this is your first baby and it will probably take a while but I have learned from personal experience (the HARD way) that my contractions will never be 3-5 minutes apart for an hour(recommended by my dr.) much less 2! With my second, mine got to 6 minutes apart for 15 minutes and I started feeling lots of pressure. Needless to say I called the dr. and she told me to go ahead and come in if I thought I needed to...Abby was born 5 minutes after I got into the room at the hospital. Listen to your body and go with your gut instinct...unless Tom is ready to deliver your little guy in the car (like my husband came close to doing).
Best of luck!

Brittney said...

Cute pics!! So glad everything is okay now.

jill said...

glad he's okay!!!! sophie did the SAME thing the last week or two before she was born. in 2 weeks, i was on the monitors 4 times. and EVERY time, as soon as they'd strap me in, she'd go crazy!!! hard-headed kiddos, mom! :)

Meant to be a mom said...

That pumpkin pic is adorable. I'm sorry to hear that you had to go to L and D. But I don't blame you at all. I would have done the same thing. Your just being concerned good parents. Thats good.

Jenni said...

glad everything is okay! He is prob running out of room in there to move around! All of your pics are so adorable! Can't wait to "meet" your little man!

The Laughlins said...

You look great girl!
The pumpkin on your belly is too cute!!!

Kalle said...

Love your belly painting. I didn't do that this time around but I think I will for the next one.

hopefuls #1 said...

I hope that it doesn't work like that but you just never know...

I hope you get to have fun at Twins Lake!!!

Love the pumpkin too! :)

Stephanie said...

This is the exciting time!!!! Glad everything was okay with the little man!

I love the pumpkin!!!!!

twondra said...

How scary! Glad things worked out and everything was okay.

Love the pumpkin. :) You're so cute. :)

Joy said...

Such a cute bump!!!

Glad little man is doing good and is safe. I prayed and prayed for my water to break so I wouldn't have to play a guessing game with contractions. I bounced on the birth ball a lot. Also had midwife sweep membranes and she told me, when she was done, there was a nice bulgy bag of water. So I think that, along with the gentle bouncing, helped it break on its own just 4-5 days later.

Whatever happens I cannot wait to see your sweet little boy!!!

jenn said...

love your pumpkin belly pic! what kind of paint did you use? ive looked at several stores and no one has face paint, they are all out. and i wanted to paint my belly too... if you could email me at jennrn1998 at aol dot com that would be great! thanks!