Saturday, September 12, 2009

32 Weeks

September 12, 2008, I wrote my first ever blog entry. I sit here today, one year and 205 posts later, and smile. This blog kept me sane throughout my infertility treatments. It has been a place for me to get advice, ask questions, find hope, receive prayers, and vent..any time I wanted to. Thank you SO much for following our journey. Whether youve read since day 1 or found my blog yesterday, thank you! I look forward to continuing to blog as a Mother.

*******************************
As I said before, we had our first birthing class last Tuesday. It is through the hospital we are delivering at. It runs from 7-9:30 pm for 5 consecutive Tuesday evenings. We really enjoyed the class. We talked about hopes and fears for the birth. She went over little things like where to park and hospital policies. The time flew by and were looking forward to go back this week. Being at the class is definetly making the pregnancy more "real." When we got home, Tom was saying how excited he was for the birth. I looked at him like he was crazy and said..why? He said because he knows I am going to do awesome and will handle it well. What a compliment! My goal is to leave the class feeling informed and excited to give birth to our son. I know it will be a long and exhausting process. I welcome it with open arms. :)

*******************************


How far along? 32 Weeks
Total weight gain/loss: Up 1 lb., so 13 total
Maternity clothes? I noticed the shirts are getting too short
Sleep: Not too shabby this week!
Best moment this week: Realizing there will be a real live baby at the end of this..and he will be OURS!
Movement: SO much movement. I dont want it to slow down
Food cravings: Nothing
Gender: Boy
Labor Signs: Nope
Belly Button in or out? Outie
What I miss: Having a full wardrobe
What I am looking forward to: Shower next weekend
Weekly Wisdom: Birth is a natural experience..your body was made for it.
Milestones: 8th month!

13 comments:

The Beaver Bunch said...

Delivery is my FAVORITE, FAVORITE part of being pregnant. Well, I say that, but then I love in the later months seeing a body part roll across my belly and trying to guess what it was.

You'll do awesome, Tom is right. And, nomatter HOW that little boy gets here, it will TOTALLY be worth it.

Joy said...

I'm with the above commenter- delivery is just amazing! So many women just talk to death about how awful delivery was for them, which can freak a new momma-to-be out.

You ARE going to do awesome!

Stephanie RN BSN (to be!) said...

Your belly is absolutely beautiful! You are definitely not an awkward pregnant woman :-)

Enjoy the last little bit of your pregnancy.

Stephanie said...

I'm not going to lie...birth is a difficult thing but it's nothing you can't handle and it is the absolute hands down most amazing thing you will ever experience in your entire life. I'd do it again tomorrow and everyday after that if I could. Enjoy every single second....it is soooo worth it!

beth ewing said...

if i can give you one piece of advice for delivery it is to go with the flow. we had a birth plan which i still think is a good thing but our delivery went completely opposite of how we "wanted" it to go. but in the end he was here and healthy and it was still an amazing experience. so my advice is don't get in your head how you think it's going to go b/c then you'll be devastated when something changes. hope this makes sense.

twondra said...

You will do great. :) I obviously know nothing about delivery, but I wanna go through it after reading the other comments. :) :)

Love your belly!!

Jess said...

You look beautiful-as always, and I love your belly! I've been following your blog around the time you purchased the dopplar to hear the baby's heart beat-what a beautiful journey it has been!

babyparamore.blogspot.com

Meant to be a mom said...

You look fabulous.
I'm sure you hubby is right. Hopefully delivery will be just fine. I believe it will be, I'm nervous for my own as well but we can do it!!! I know it Erin. I'm so glad your doing good.

Molly said...

You look fabulous as always!
Your birth will be great with that positive attitude you have. Knowing the amazing reward you get from it makes it so much easier!

hopeful #1 said...

I know what you mean by having a community of people behind you in your time of need, whatever that might be...

Blogs are really something else.

So so cute!

Have fun at your classes!!!

We have Angel Wings said...

You look beautiful. You're almost there. :)

LucieP said...

yay for birthing classes!

I only made it through the first couple and then was put on bedrest...when we got to the anesthesia part, it scared me a little!!

Everyday is a little closer to meeting your baby!!!!

Mush said...

You always look so glam! I love it!