Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Workin' Weekend

Tom and I spent the weekend at our house in Indy. We got there pretty late Friday night and pretty much went to bed. Saturday we worked out butts off and got so much done! My first task was to sort through baby stuff we have acquired until now. I am very glad I did because there were a few items I forgot about and need to take off our registries. I sorted clothes by size and wrote every single thing down.

How can we possibly have this much, before a single shower?!




One word-Spoiled!

My next task was the closets. I organized each one, with the goal of making them as spacious as possible. We were both impressed with how great everything looked. Throughout the day, I cleaned. With no one living there full time, the house was in desperate need of a deep cleaning. I dusted, wiped, vacuumed, washed..every inch of the house. Tom was hard at the work the entire day. He was pulling weeds, trimming bushes, laying mulch, hanging new drapes, removing stains, painting and cleaning, too. We took a break mid-day to run to Wal-mart. We finally sat down to eat a lovely steak dinner around 8. We both felt accomplished and proud of our hard work.

Sunday, Tom was completing a few of his tasks, while I enjoyed a trip to Old Navy. There aren't any maternity ON's near me, so I was excited to check this one out. I found a few good deals. They have so many cute things online. I may just have to order some and return them if they don't fit. We finished working at about 3pm and headed home.

We didn't take a before pic, but you have an idea of how bad it looked..

Ahhh, fresh paint, 18 bags of mulch, hands bloody from trimming the bushes..

..but it totally paid off! It looks gorgeous!

We are really hoping the realtor can get as many people to go through it as possible. It looks like night and day from a week ago.
*****
My glucose test went really well. The drink wasn't bad at all. I drank it and only had to sit a few minutes before I was called back. I had my blood pressure taken and was told to leave my urine sample. I go in to bathroom, get my cup, label it with my initials, sit down, and pee..IN THE TOILET! Seriously? This pregnancy is making me lose it! I stood up, laughed, sat back down and tried to squeeze some pee out of me. Luckily, this girl can pee any time, any place. :)
I met with the 4th and final doctor today. She was nice, but I felt pretty rushed. Everything is on track with the baby and her heartbeat was 135. I got some recommendations for a pediatrician and a refill for my inhaler, which I need almost daily. I only had to wait 20 minutes before it was time for my blood draw. I sat there with this big smile on my face, thinking about how long it had been since I was subjected do daily pokes. Its easy to find reminders of how lucky we are..
The tech said no news was good news and if I hadn't heard from them by Monday, to consider myself in the clear.
****
I have a busy weekend ahead. I am working 7:30-5:30 tomorrow, and driving straight to babysit Ian from 6pm-4pm on Friday. His mom is having a c-section tomorrow, so I am taking care of him! Then, I am going to the Brad Paisley concert Friday night. Saturday I plan on soaking in the sun, as its going to be in the 90's finally! I also have my prenatal massage Saturday..cant wait! Sunday is Michelle's bridal shower..that I am helping throw. I love being busy, but wonder how I will feel come Sunday night? ;)

16 comments:

Joy said...

Great job getting work done on the house- that has to feel awesome! Praying it sells... fast!

LOL to forgetting to pee in the cup! I've dropped the cup in the toilet before (SO GROSS)!

Mandy said...

Did you buy that couch at Ashley Furniture Homestore? Because if you did I have the same exact one!! And I love that you already have little golf clubs for your unborn baby...so cute!

Mandy Jo said...

House Looks great!! Glad your doc appt went good!!! Take it easy girl!! OHH and I LOVE LOVE LOVE me some Brad!! He puts on the best concerts!!!

Stephanie said...

Oh you'll be tired Sunday night but as long as you have a great weekend then it will be worth it :)

Glad that the glucose test went okay...told you it wasn't that bad :)

kim_brough said...

Oh, how I love Brad Paisley and he puts on a great show! Do you have his lastest CD--- it's fantastic!!!

Peppermint Patty said...

The house looks GREAT! Just keep praying that it will sell.

I remember my glucose test when I was waiting to get called back after I drank the yucky stuff. I put a piece of gum in my mouth to take the grossness away and the lab tech said, "Um, I hope that is sugarless gum you are chewing because if not, you have to do the test all over again."

Yeah, it was sugarless! Thanks goodenss! :)

Hilary said...

The house looks great! Praying that you'll have a lot of people walk through the house and that someone will make an offer soon. Sounds like you'll have a busy but fun weekend...enjoy! By the way, where is that children's clothes resale your last post was about? I know several people that would probably be interested in it the next time they have one.

Mush said...

I can't believe you want to sell that house! It looks amazing!

How much stuff?! Where are you going to put it all?

I laughed at story of weeing in the toilet, I did the same thing once and I couldn't stop laughing at myself.

Hope you didn't over do it with all that housework.

twondra said...

The house looks wonderful! And I'm amazed at how much stuff you have! Wow!!

Tiff said...

LOVE your blog... I have to laugh at "in the tolit"... I did the same thing :-)
SO glad your "peanut" is on the way!!! I'll be praying for your family!

I Believe in Miracles said...

Nice job. The house looks fabulous!

I've been labeling tupperware and putting extra stuff in the basement. I'd totally agree with the "spoiled". Seriously. Who would have thought that would happen???

~~HUGS~~

Bailey said...

Love all of the stuff! How exciting to organize it all and get it ready!

Stephanie RN BSN (to be!) said...

Ok, I just have to ask...what part of Indy is your house in? I'm from just a little east of Indy, so that's why I'm wondering!

Katie said...

What a great pile of stuff! And your house looks great too!

Check out my blog...you have an award waiting for you!

Meant to be a mom said...

I'm so glad that your checkup went well.
Also your house looks adorable. Sell house sell!

You are so funny, that is definitely a ton of clothes already but hey why not! She will be such a cutie dressed baby girl :)

Have fun at your concert.

Mandy said...

Check out my blog....you have an award!!!

http://mommymandymusings.blogspot.com/