Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Resale Experience

Friday I went to my first name brand baby resale. My mom and sister mark this local bi-annual sale on their calendars months in advance. In fact, I think one of the first comments of my pregnancy announcement was that I can join them at the sale. :)

We got up early and headed to the sale. We arrived about 40 minutes early to get our tickets to get in. We were excited to be numbers 3, 4 and 5. We grabbed a quick breakfast down the block and I was fed tips on what to do once inside. It was so funny hearing all of this..it was like I was joining a secret club. We drove back to the church, and waited in line with the other crazy women. We each had a laundry basket with rope attached, so it would be easy to pull. We even had coupons to get in free, rather than pay $2. That's my family though, go big or go home!

After a quick announcement that included a "no pushing, shoving, etc." lecture, we were let in 10 at a time. This was simply to avoid pregnant women and children being trampled. The sale was an organized persons dream. It was organized by sex and size. I went straight for the new baby girl clothes and simply put everything I may want into my basket. My mom headed to Tyler's section, while my sister checked out Delaney's size. We found a spot on the side to sort through everything. There were women working the sale who were constantly asking if you wanted anything put back. After sorting through once, my mom and I did another round of searching. After oohing and ahhing at all the clothes for each child, we decided on what to buy. I couldn't believe some of the deals. The clothes are all in mint condition, some even have the tags still on them. My total was $137.00. What a deal!! There is a summer clothes sale in March and I am already looking forward to it.

Here are the clothes we bought for Hadley girl-

I LOVE the hood on the light pink one







One of my faves-this may be her coming home outfit

Hehe, I adore this one



My fave is the maroon, Toms fave is the green

Of course, we had to buy her first pair of baby legs as well as her first huge bows..

Theres much more to catch up on, but my bed is calling me. I have my OB appointment at 2 tomorrow. I sure hope this glucose drink isn't as bad as everyone says..

16 comments:

cady said...

You got such cute things! Good luck tomorrow. I'm dreading my glucose test too.

Ashley said...

my gluscose test was a nightmare with my first pregnancy I started vommiting less than 10 min after I drank it but my second pregnancy it wasnt bad at all i held it down though I didnt feel too well the rest of the day. I hope it goes well. Good Luck!

Jess said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful time and you made out like a bandit! I love all the adorable outfits! GL tomorrow...I hope it goes well and you pass. I personally didn't mind the drink so much. It is a huge sugar rush, that would be the worst part of it. I kinda liked the orangy taste of mine. :)

babyparamore.blogspot.com

Mandy said...

What adorable outfits...and such a great price! Don't worry about the glucose test too much. I was throwing up the first 5 months of pregnancy, so you can see how sensitive my stomach was, and I had no problems at all. I even kinda liked it! Good luck!

Stephanie said...

The glucose drink isn't that horrible...it doesn't taste great and it's very sweet but you can stomach it. I've had to do 6 of them so I promise you'll live through it :)

Those clothes are great. I just got through spending the last 72 hours getting all of my stuff ready for a consignment sale this weekend. Dropped stuff off last night(HUGE) and have to work it tomorrow :) You got some great stuff...adorable!

Kelly said...

You made out well! Nice job, we have those sales here all the time, I love them, but get overwhelmed with all the people.

truelifeofjess said...

Some of these clothes I had for my oldest and she is sick. Glad you got some good deals.

Stephanie RN BSN (to be!) said...

It looks like you found the cutest clothes for Hadley! I love the little hoodie outfit too.

Good luck on your glucose tolerance test! I've heard they are less than a joy.

WantWait&Pray said...

The first outfit on the right, with the cute hood....that was my nephews "coming home" outfit (in blue of course) as he was born in Nov. SUPER cute! Tons of adorable outfits and GREAT price! Fun!

Stephanie said...

You got some ADORABLE things! She is going to be a great dressed little princess!!

Just Another Day in Paradise said...

Love the clothes! Super cute!!!
In my opinion the Glucose drink was quite tasty. I had the orange flavor and drank it cold. Tasted like Sunkist Soda to me. I was dreading it but it really wasn't that bad :) Can't wait to hear how it goes!

Staci said...

I always thought it tasted like a super syrupy orange crush soda. If you have a sweet tooth then it won't be too bad, if you don't like sweets then...sorry :) It always gave me...and the baby...a sugar rush!

Ashley said...

That is awesome...I wonder if they have those where I live??? You got some great things!! She is going to be well dressed;) Good luck tomorrow!!!

Mrs. Hammer said...

Hadley is going to be one well dressed little girl. You'll do fine on the glucose test. It's just really, really sweet.

Kahla said...

The glucose thing is not bad, just really sweet fruit punch (or whatever flavor you get).

The clothes are awesome, I would LOVE to have a sale like that around here!!! You got some super cute stuff!!!! As for the coming home outfit, I'm not sure if you meant the gown one or not, but remember you'll have to be able to buckle the straps between her legs so the gown may not work unless you want to pull it up.

Hope your appt is great!

Meant to be a mom said...

The glucose wasn't good but I honestly didn't think it was as horrible as I had heard. Just really sugary.

Those clothes are SOOO CUTE!
I love them. Girls are so fun!