Wednesday, August 26, 2009

In My Head

I got an email today, announcing one of my fave country artists is coming to Joe's Bar. Guess the date? November 7th! All of a sudden, I am constantly being reminded how soon November 7th is. An expiration date on string cheese, Halloween stores opening, invitations for birthday parties.

I have a gut feeling this baby boy will come in late October. I may just be wishful thinking, because who wants to go past their due date?! My side of the family's baby shower is set for October 18th. I will be 37w1d pregnant. A little late, huh? I have six Aunts that get together to throw it and it was the only date that worked for everyone. I likely wont feel pretty anymore and may have a child in my arms, but the show will go on! I am not going to complain. I am fortunate to be having a baby shower, let alone three of them.

I started to really look into maternity photographers. I am thinking of having them done the first weekend in October. I would be 35 weeks pregnant. I want to do them outside, somewhere with beautiful fall leaves. I have really high expectations and am hoping I can find someone to meet them.

Our bedding arrived today. I wanted to make sure it was as cute in person and I am very satisfied!

Also in the mail, Toms degree. Way to go, Daddy! Speaking of him..here is the update on the job-He went for the interview two weeks ago. We were under the impression it was a full oral interview. Instead, all he did was give a urine sample, fingerprints and get handed a packet to fill out. He had 2 weeks to complete the very nosey packet and hands it in tomorrow. I called my Dad mad about him taking a day off work for such a small step but he has assured me that Tom has the job. I will believe it when I see it. I don't want to get my hopes up and be let down. Infertility scars, anyone?

I am going back to school beginning in January. We said from day one that Toms education was the first priority. Now that he has what he needs, its my turn and I couldn't be more excited. I debated starting this semester, but didn't want to overdo it with stress in my life.

I have figured out I really dislike movies after I have read the book. Examples-Times Travelers Wife, Nights in Rodanthe, My Sisters Keeper. Loved the books, hated the movies. Supporting this, I loved Marley and Me and The Notebook. I saw the film first and read the book afterward. Apparently I need to stop reading before I see the film.

I am a little concerned about our little mans position. I really do not want a C-section. Again, I have a gut feeling I will have no choice. I am going to talk to the doctor on Monday and find out when it really starts to matter that he is laying across rather than head down.

Trust me, I know I am mean for withholding his name. My fear is that Ill tell one person and not be able to stop. Its been very difficult to keep in and its only been 5 days! I may give in and share it here. After all, no one in real life knows my blog info..We did tell Tyler though. So, the Tiger knows the Lions name. Hes the only one!

Sending a HUGE congrats to the recent positives and births in the IF community. You make my heart happy. :0)

32 comments:

The Ashes said...

We really really want to know the name!

williamson family said...

I know that you said you are going to start your Child Birth classes soon, but I wanted to let you know that the material and information provided to you during them will have exercises to help turn the baby. You can even look up a few online to get started earlier (the sooner the better). Kyah has been slight posterior and the Pelvic Tilt has really helped. Also squatting can help engage the head when he does turn. Ask your Dr. what exercises they suggest and just do them faithfully. Little Lion still has time to turn... and if anything I have been told that Labor contractions are strong enough to help at the last minute. I'll be praying for you!

Mandy Jo said...

Love the bedding!!! November 7th will be here before you know it!! Oh and LOVE country music:)

Meant to be a mom said...

I love the bedding! That was one of our favs when we were looking. Good choice.

Mary said...

I love the bedding. I think it is very cute how it is giraffes and you are calling your little guy "lion".

I too, really can't wait to find out the name, but completely understand keeping it a secret. We did that with both or our kids too!!

Josh, Jenny, & Emma Newnam said...

I love the bedding...where did you get it? I think it will be perfect for your little boy.

Tabitha said...

The bedding is adorable, it's just perfect! And not baby related, but when you go back to school in January, are you taking classes for anything in particular?

jill said...

cute bedding! now TELL US! ha! i have no patience. :) can't wait to hear about tom and the job!

Sugar and Ice said...

It's way early to start worrying about your baby's position. A singleton can and usually does change position up until week 36. My first daughter was transverse (sideways) until she was about 35 weeks, then head down and delivered with no c-section. Good luck!

Joy said...

We'll just start chanting, like a mad stadium full of women, "Name, name, name, name, name!" Bwuahahahahah! You will give in... maybe?

Jess said...

Some wonderful things are headed your way in the next few months! I'll be praying Tom gets the job and you have a safe delivery (lets hope you don't have to have a c-section)! What are you going back to school for?

I am with you...I didn't care much for Nights in Rodanthe (the movie) and the Time Traveler's wife was awful (the movie) but the books were wonderful! Marley and Me and the notebook were wonderful movies and I loved the books.

babyparamore.blogspot.com

Vicki said...

I wouldn't worry too much about the position yet...my little man was breech up until 37 weeks when I went in to have him turned, only to be told he was head down and in position.
I did lots of lying on my front with my bump raised and bouncing on my ball, not sure if these helped or not, but I found all sorts of different position online which are meant to help.
Good luck xx

JULIE said...

I love the bedding and I really want to know baby boys name.

cady said...

I'm having my last shower four weeks before my due date, so I know how you feel about that! Your bedding is cute. And don't worry about the baby's position. Mine has been breech the entire pregnancy, but they say there's plenty of time to turn.

Momma and Her Doodle said...

Erin,

Nick was breech for the longest time and then he finally turned into position about a week before his due date. I felt him switch positions because 39 weeks there was not much room at all.

What I was told was not to stress about it, it happens naturally. One exercise you can try is getting down on all fours and remaining in that position for two minutes each time. You can do this several times a day. Also my midwife told me to use a flashlight and hold the light in the direction you want the baby's head to turn, hoping he looks for the light and goes searching for it.

Of course having said all of that I ended up with an emergency c-section on his due date. Nick ripped his placenta off the uteran wall (placental abruption) and they needed to get to him quickly. UGH... 5 years TTC, many IUI's and 2 IVF cycles and now an emergency delivery. Thank god he is as cute as he is because he is so worth everything Tom and I went through!

Enjoy your pregnancy, do not stress he will turn if he can and if not c-sections are not that bad. In the end your baby boy will be so special to you no matter what!

Enjoy him, times goes fast!

Stacy

Eileen said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE that bedding!!!

LucieP said...

Ooh the bedding is so cute!
My babe was turned at 34 weeks...I was so sad because I just knew I would have to have a CSection (although the thought of going early made me happy).
I had an ultrasound scheduled for 36 weeks and he was head down and I didn't even feel a big "move."

These weeks will pass by faster than ever and before you know it, will be a blur and faded into baby's cries and poopie diapers!

Hang in there mama!

Tera said...

I always try to watch the movie first so I can enjoy the movie and the book both! :) Wow, no one in your real life knows your blog info?! You are GOOD at keeping secrets, no wonder you can keep the name a secret too! I hope baby turns for you.

The Patterson's said...

Love your bedding!! That is so cute.

Can't wait to hear this little one's name!

paige said...

i think this website is helpful...
http://www.spinningbabies.com/

Stephanie said...

He can still turn....don't worry about that! They can turn up until the very last couple of weeks so don't fret yet. Caleb was breech for the first 33 weeks and then turned :)

Jessica Loves Trevor (JLT) said...

I really like that bedding. It' s got a theme, but it's still very mature looking. Good choice!

Jamy said...

I just came across your blog through kalle. NOticed that we share the same due date. Hope you're doing well.

Brooke said...

Girl, I was terrified of a c-section and I had to have an emergency one that was not that bad! My mom had one natural and one c-sec and she says she would take the c-sec any day over and over again over the natural!

Mush said...

Get a birthing ball and lean over it at every opportunity. It's in your babies genes which way around they want to be but you can help guide them. Don't do your head in about it though as at the end of the day you can only try and if your Little Lion doesn't want to budge then he won't.

C-sections are horrid but you will get over it and you will have a lovely baby boy to distract you from it all anyway.

Having experienced both types of birth, there are pros and cons to both as you can probably tell from my pregnancy blogs. Just go with the flow.

You look fab by the way. I love your maternity style!

Allison said...

Cute Cute bedding!!! Im so glad you are able to take all these changes in stride! Although I'd really love to know his name, definately dont feel pressured to tell us if you want to wait until his birth! That will be so exciting too! Then we get to see the face that goes along with the name- all at the same time :)

twondra said...

Love the bedding! Can't believe how fast the time has flown..wow!!

Courtney said...

The bedding is adorable! Good luck with the rest of your pregnancy!

ICLW

MoonNStarMommy said...

Love the bedding!! Baby Showers that late, expect a TON of hands on the bump!! Hopefully you get tons of great stuff for the invasion!! Make sure you look up a lot of pregnant photography so you have an idea of what exactly you want, but be willing to let them be creative too. If there are photos you want though, make sure you voice it so the opportunity isn't missed. You will treasure these photos forever :) And newborn photos too. I love taking newborn photos. Tiny toes, tiny fingers... a itty bitty face that will change so much in it's first months it's unbelievable! And little boys are awesome... I got four out of my 12 years of TTC and fighting with infertility :)

Happy ICLW :)

Beautiful Mess said...

HAPPY ICLW!

Awww I peeked at the pictures below and you are SO beautiful! I hope your little ma turns and you won't have to have a c-section.

The bedding is VERY cute! I love that green/sage color.
*HUGS*

Leslie said...

I found your blog through Allison...I must say, I love your story!

I left you a blog award today on my blog. Check it out! :)

Molly said...

The bedding is adorable! I love it.

I can tell you that after I was hell bent on natural childbirth, I had a 9lb 2oz baby born via c-section. I was so sad to be going into that OR. Now, though, it makes no difference. The recovery was not bad at all. I have virtually no scar already, and I have a healthy baby.
I hope that your little man moves, (and he still has plenty of time!) but just wanted to reassure you that you will be just fine if a c-section is necessary.