Saturday, August 22, 2009

ILCW

I am coming up on one year of blogging and decided I should make the time to join the ILCW fun!

A little bit about our journey-I'm Erin, hubby's name is Tom. I am 22, hes 23. We have been married a bit over 3 years. We live in a suburb of Chicago and are in the process of selling our home in Indiana. I work as a nanny and adore my job. Tom is about halfway through the hiring process to be a Cook County Police Officer, his dream job. We have two dogs, Cooper and Guinness. We have the greatest families and particularly adore our 3 nephews and niece.

In January of 2007, we were ready to add to our family. We started TTC and had no idea how difficult it would be. We actively tried on our own for a year. I always had regular periods, we were both healthy and young, we never would have imagined being diagnosed with unexplained infertility. That is what happened in early 2008. We started going to a fertility clinic, had every test done and all came back perfectly normal. We tried a few months of Clomid, moved onto IUIs with injectibles, and finally gave IVF a shot in January of 2009.

February 25, 2009, we finally got our BFP! I am currently 29 weeks pregnant with a little boy.

It has been a bumpy road and most days I cant believe we are here today. We are stronger as individuals, as well as a couple, because of it. We never lose sight of what a miralce our child is.

This blog has been such an amazing source of information, support and love the past 11 months. I am thankful for it every day. I love reading other womens stories and I feel like I have made some amazing friends. I hope my blog gives hope to others still TTC. If you want specifics of our treatment, you can find that on the left of my blog.

For now, I am a pregnant infertile woman. In a few short months, I will re-join the infertile crowd and start thinking about baby #2..

Thanks for stopping by. Happy Saturday!

12 comments:

Mike and Katie said...

a boy?

Jess said...

hehe, she must not have seen your latest post!!

I love that I know all of this stuff already...but I do forget from time to time that you are only 22 and Tom is only 23! I say only because you two are very wise and successful and most people don't have that until they are older. At 22, you are married, selling your house and having a baby and Tom is working towards his dream job! I just wanted to say I'm proud of you! I'm a lot like you minus the baby but like you said, hopefully we we'll be taking our little one to the zoo very soon.

I want your opinion on something. If you can write me back on my blog, so that I make sure I see it. You've done clomid, IUI and then IVF. We're on our 4th round of clomid and were doing two more before moving on. Should we move on to IUI or not waste our time and just dive in to IVF! I want a baby so much, and I don't want to waste time or money on IUI but on the other hand IUI is far less expensive than IVF. LOL, I should just make this a blog post.

babyparamore.blogspot.com

Eileen said...

Holy cow what a surprise!!! Guess you are going to have to do a whole lot more shopping now! Congrats on your baby boy. I can't wait to see pics in a few months! Thanks for stopping by my blog.

*ICLW*

Belle said...

Congrats on your baby! It's always great to see success stories on here. Also, nothing better than getting your dream job, so good for him.

Mai said...

Welcome to ICLW!!! And congrats on your surprise boy!! You give me hope for our future baby dreams..Thank you for the great intro post!!

-ICLW

Kathy said...

Welcome to ICLW! :) Thank you for your kind words/comment on my blog. Congrats on your pregnancy! That must have been crazy to think you were having a girl and then find out you are actually having a boy! Best wishes for the rest of your pregnancy and with your little miracle! :)

Coffeegrl said...

I'm here from ICLW. Congratulations on your pregnancy! I'm so happy to have found a new blog and wish you the best of luck!

jill said...

Congrats on your pregnancy! The struggle sucks but I imagine it makes it all the more special in the end. Wishing you all the best for the birth in a few months!

Happy ICLW :)

In Due Time said...

Congratulations on your upcoming arrival. :-)


Happy ICLW.

Nicole said...

Congrats on the little one...I hate but love your comment about 'rejoining' the infertile crowd after your baby arrives.

We really never get out of that camp, do we?

Happy ICLW!

Sue said...

You dont know me but I ran across your blog on a friends blog. congrats on your baby "boy". Surprise! In regards to baby #2 I wanted to share my infertility story to encourage you. I had no trouble getting pregnant the first time but had 3 miscarriages and trouble getting pregnant with pregancy #2 & 3. So heartbreaking to us at the time! I conceived the 3rd time on clomid and my son is now almost 18. Well his younger sister, 15 1/2, was so easy she was almost an "oops". No clomid, no miscarriage, not really trying to get pregnant. So you just never now. It's all in Gods timing. Like you, we do appreciate the miracle of life in a way we never would have if we hadn't gone thru those struggles. May God bless you with a healthy boy and any future babies!

Baby Hungry said...

I am glad you prego with baby #1 and hoping you don't have the same trouble getting #2!

ICLW