Monday, July 13, 2009

Showers

Sunday was my cousins bridal shower. We had a tea party; it was really cute! My Moms side of the family is huge, and my Dads is non-existent. We rarely get together because there are so many of us. The typical gatherings are weddings, funerals, graduations, and Christmas..not enough in my opinion. This year, there are two weddings, a few graduations and our baby coming, so I have seen more of them and I love it. Jessy and James got married in March in California, where they live. We showered her Sunday and the wedding reception is this coming Saturday. I am really looking forward to it.
Big, happy family

Molly's wedding is two weeks after I am due. Her shower will be some time in September. There has been some talk about when my showers will be. We had three bridal showers, but may combine families and only have two baby showers. I am still in disbelief that I will be the one the shower is for..

This not sleeping is starting to take a toll on me. I am utterly exhausted. I am chugging through this week, knowing this weekend will be fun and relaxing. I was thinking August would be low-key, but my calendar has been taken over and filled. The wedding I am standing up in is September 5th. Her shower is the beginning of August and her bachelorette party is the end.
I put a picture of the dress were wearing months ago, but its not the one we ended up buying. She changed her mind a million times and finally decided on this dress, in red.


Its supposed to cover any tummy issues and I think it will look funny with a big belly. Oh well, the day is not about me. :)

Conclusion of this post..my life is taken over by showers and weddings for the next few months. Oh, and I'll be having a baby.

3 comments:

Jess said...

Thank you for saying what you did on my blog about my mean commenter! You really are the sweetest person!

I love the dress and the idea of covering tummy issues is great but not your tummy! We love seeing yours!

Your family has a lot of exciting things happening with all the weddings, showers, graduation, birthdays and then the birth of Hadley...she is going to be so loved (you know they are all going to steal her away and shower her with love!) :)

babyparamore.blogspot.com

Meant to be a mom said...

How fun, I too have a big family and I just love it.
That dress is pretty, I think it will look super cute over your baby bump. How fun to be in a wedding while your pregnant. It will be memorable in so many ways.
I hope you and your family enjoy all these great celebrations your having this year!

Stephanie said...

Who cares about your tummy....it is so beautiful :)

Sounds like you are keeping busy...make sure you're laying around and resting also!