Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Off to Florida

We are heading to Florida early tomorrow, so I thought Id do a quick update. I have entered a new phase of pregnancy..the emotional one. I have mentioned before that I pride myself in being a tough woman who keeps her emotions in check. Apparently my pregnant self doesnt give a crap about that. I left Mikeys bday party angry and upset after my sister kept talking negatively about the name we chose for the baby. I called Tom in tears yesterday because I am so stressed about everything. Everything being..money, time going too quickly, the house not selling, etc. I find myself getting choked up when I am listening to a song or thinking hard about something. I hope this is temporary because I dont feel like myself.

Another new pregnancy issue is indegestion. Or at least thats what I think it is. I have been having this bad pain and discomfort for the past 3 days. It is after I eat and lasts a long time. I called the nurse today to see what I can take to keep it at bay. She is going to call me back. I dont want to be in FL and be uncomfortable every time I eat.

Our flight is at 7 am, meaning we will leave the house at 5 am. I have to work until 8 tonight and then go home, pack and try and get a decent amount of sleep. Tom doesnt want us to check any bags, so I am scrambling to remember what the rules on carry ons are!

Tomorrow is our one and only busy day. We arrive at 10:30 am and Toms test is at 1:00 pm. We have a few short hours to get our rental car and find the location. Im going to hang out while he does the test. I am hoping to find a nail salon. :) Then, we will drive to the condo and have to leave again at 6:30 to meet with our photographer. I am super excited about these pictures. I just hope we look okay in them. We have no plans Friday or Saturday. I am hoping to find a festival of some sort to entertain us. I plan on soaking up the sun while enjoying a few good books and listening to my IPOD. I think we will do one nice dinner while there. I am such a planner but sometimes its nice to have a blank day or two. We are planning on heading home in the afternoon Sunday. We are flying on pink passes, aka standby, so that may change.

I still havent taken a 21 weeks belly shot. I will try to remember tonight. I wish everyone a safe and fun holiday weekend.

One more thing..we are planning on starting our registry Monday evening, if were not too tired. To all the Mommys out there-Advice? Is there one item you couldnt live without? What did you end up not using? Please share your wisdom with me, as I have been around children my entire life, but never had one of my own. :0)

Here are my 21 week pictures. I feel pretty big, but very happy! One perk of my expanding waistline..my boobs look smaller! Woo-hoo! I plan on tanning that egg belly this weekend! Princess is kicking away as I type. I want to be pregnant forever, so I will always feel that..



22 comments:

Mimi said...

Have fun honey!!!! Make sure you get some rest! It is much needed!

Kami

Dawn said...

Hello. I wanted to tell you with my daughter I got a lot of heartburn/indigestion. I bought the large size Tums at Costco. Before being PG I had never had a Tums in my life. But they worked, had calcium and they have tropical flavors. So check with your dr on the Tums and I hope they work for you. I remember someone told me that the indigestion meant she was going to have a lot of hair. And she had a fair amount when she was born and now it's very curly.
Good luck.

just me, dawn said...

Have fun in Florida!!

Joy said...

1) Have a wonderful vacation, good luck to Tom.
2) Try TUMS, they worked wonders for me
3) Have fun registering, every baby is different. Mine loved her bouncing seat, did not like any of the slings I had except the Moby wrap, and fought like a demon to get out of any swaddle once she was 6 weeks old. LOL

Kate said...

I took my babymoon to Florida too! I was 18 weeks pregnant! have fun! and when you get back register for lots of diapers! and def. an angelcare monitor! i love love love mine!! oh and i adore babywearing so try out different kinds of slings/wraps/carriers if you think you want to try it!

Kaycee said...

I highly recommend getting a one-stop diaper/wipe/changing pad product for when you are out and about (like this one: http://www.skiphop.com/product/202000.html) that way you don't have to take the whole diaper bag into the bathroom for changing (or even into the store!). Make sure it's one that you can fold up and put back together one handed though!

Bri said...

Have fun! And wear lots of sunscreen-pregnant women burn! I had terrible indigestion too-lots of tums. My baby must-haves are my baby carriers. I have a post on baby registering-let me know if you want the link :o)

Meant to be a mom said...

I too am all kinds of emotional these days and also have indigestion. I feel your pain.
Sorry to hear your sis is giving you a hard time about the name. But ultimately its your decision. You pick what you like.

I hope you guys have a great safe trip.

Kahla said...

Hope you have a fantastic and safe trip! I will say don't register for a lot of one type of bottle or binky, since you have no clue what she will like. Also wipe warmers are a total waste of money. By the time you get the wipe out and ready to use, it's not warm anymore. I also love the labels from bumpynames.com (I think that's it), will definitely get those again... still use them for Chase!

Machelle said...

Have fun in Florida (which is where I am!! It is hot here, bad hot! Humid as well so Hydrate!) Anwyhoo, I was emotional too. I cried during Hallmark commercials. ugh. Anywho, I have some advice on what you need vs. what you do not. I have twin girls so I needed boppies to feed them on, if you plan to BF these are great as well. Mine LOVED the swing, bouncer, and a bumbo came in handy for feeding them when they could not quite sit up yet in the high chair. Diaper Genies are a waste. (At least for twins) they are a pain in the butt and once the diapers start to get bigger they take up more room and you are emptying them all the dang time. Hmmm, I needed the car seats you could take out and put in a stroller because there is now way I could carry two babies and two carriers at once (esp. when they got heavy). I needed a bottle warmer for formula as I kept a 24 hour supply in the fridge so I was not making bottles 24/7 so it heated them up fast and safe. Wipe warmers are useless and you baby could get so used to them they will not take anything cold on the bottom. Bumper pads are a waste as you are not supposed to use them because of SIDS. I got a mesh baby bumper pad once they started to move around. Ok I could go on and on and on!! Good luck!! It is fun getting to register for everything!!

Ashley said...

Have fun honey!!

Bryce and Erin Williamson said...

I hear TUMS works well for indigestion but I haven't tried them. I tend to lean more towards the natural stuff (just personal preference). I use Papaya Enzyme. You can get it GNC or Vitamin World.. or any Vitamin store. They are natural fruit extract and it works in just a few minutes. I have also heard that snacking on a few apple slices after you eat keeps it away too? Personally, I don't have time for that one :) haha

Have a great time on your trip! You guys deserve it!!

Stephanie said...

You look awesome!!!!!!! I totally know the indigest thing...lord...I lived on Tums when I was pregnant!

have an awesome time and try to relax alittle. your pictures will come out great and everything else that you're stressing about now will work itself out. Just remember the most important thing of all is kicking away inside of you and really that's all that matters :)

MOBACH'S said...

in terms of indigestion... heres what works for me ( 38 weeks preggers with 3rd baby!) eat smaller meals, don't eat close to when you are going to lay down.. makes it worse.... TUMS TUMS TUMS.. and lots of water... unfortunately around 20 weeks till the end of all my pregnancies I suffered from this.. and spicy things to eat were worse... this too shall pass though eh!! and you get a beautiful baby girl out of it.. and miraculously as soon as she is out it all goes away.. crazy how that is!

Staci said...

Have a wonderful time in Florida! Best of luck to your husband as well on his test :) I have a friend who was given a hard time by her husband's family about the names they chose for their first (they didn't know the sex before the birth). She vowed next time to not share it with anyone until the baby was born! Baby gear...we had a Diaper Champ (much easier than a Diaper Genie) but when our second came along we decided it wasn't worth the hassle. Also, if you get a swing, look into getting one that is portable so you can easily move it room to room. If the baby loves it and you want to clean in another room it is a lot easier to pick it up and take it with you than one of the regular size swings. I still remember walking into Babies R Us to register and the look of shock on my husband's face :) I let him have the "gun" in the toy section and he went nuts! :)

jill said...

boppy boppy boppy. best thing ever!!!! and mine loved her baby einstein play gym. the star on top lit up and played music ... she was so obsessed that i ended up strapping it to the side of the crib in hopes it would help our nights. ha! she also has a baby einstein turtle that straps to the crib and lights up and plays music. she still listens to it at night. hope the trip is fun!!!

Sue said...

So cute pics! I agree with a lot of the others: the Boppy was multi-purpose for sure. And I couldn't live without my Angel Care monitor. My registry advice is, though-don't put too much pressure on yourselves to "get it right" on Monday when you go. Know that it will be something you will probably update/change quite often as you talk to others and read/hear about different products. Have a great time in FL!

Erin Crista said...

Hi!

1. Tums
2. Sawyer loved his Bouncy Chair - we used it forever!
3. Hope y'all have a great vacation!
4. You look beautiful! :-)

Stephanie said...

Stay hydrated and take tums!!
I loved our boppy...mine used it way past the feeding stages!
Try to use friends slings/carriers first before you buy one. Landon only liked one kind (I had bought 3 before that one!)
Also on bottles...dont register for a bunch. Each child is different and we went through 4 until we found the right one!
Hope that helps!
I agree w/ everyone else...we loved the bouncy seat!!

Peppermint Patty said...

I now understand why people don't tell anyone the name of their baby until AFTER the birth.

Everyone has their own opinions, but you need to pick out what you and your husband like. Don't worry about anyone else. <3

MOM said...

Have fun on your trip! As far as the name goes, pick what YOU like....Everyone has their own opinions and not everyone will like it...we chose Riley for our son and my parents made comments (dont let it get ya)...and on the baby thing, LOVED the bouncy seat...take care, Jes

aimee jane said...

Hey! My name is Aimee, I havent commented before because I just so love reading your blog and didnt want to butt in or be too nosy =) But My hubby and I had our first baby back in Jan...A baby girl, Taylor, and the one thing that I tell everyone they HAVE to have is the Boppy. Its the moon-shaped pillow that hugs ur midsection when ur feeding or lounging. Its great when u wanna just lay them in their crib, but sort of propped up too. Its also great for tummy time =)