Thursday, July 30, 2009

Good, Bad, Ugly

The Good
Tommy took the physical exam for the Cook County Sheriffs Department this past Saturday. He passed it with no problem. Yesterday, he received a letter stating that his oral interview is scheduled for August 13th. That's in 2 weeks! We were so surprised about the quick turnaround. If you remember, my Dad is a Cook County Sheriff, and has a ton of connections in the department. In fact, many of the men personally know Tom from working security for my Dads business. This job would change our life, for wayyyyyy better! We are really optimistic that this is going to happen. Ill keep you posted.

The Bad
We still haven't sold our house, therefore we are still staying at my parents. I am starting to really stress about what we will do if the house doesn't sell in the next two months. We would go into ridiculous amount of debt if we had to pay rent and our mortgage. So, unless we sell the house, were stuck. I am 6 months pregnant and should be painting a nursery and organizing the gifts we've been given. Instead I am wondering where we will be in 3 months and annoyed beyond belief. We are going to the house this weekend, which is 3 hours from my parents, to clean and pack up some stuff. Its really tough being there, knowing we are paying for this brand new, 4 bedroom house every month..but not living in it. Its torture! I really hope someone falls in love with our house soon and decides to make it their own.

The Ugly
I am still not sleeping. Its really starting to wear on me. I fall asleep fine and I am very comfortable, so its not a matter of me getting a better pillow or drinking warm milk. Its the actual sleep..its just not happening. I toss and turn all night. I constantly wake up due to dreams or sleeping so lightly. Its getting really difficult to get out of bed in the morning. I know I could ask the doctor for some medicine, but I am trying to avoid pumping my body with anything foreign. Any suggestions here? I go to the doctor next Wednesday, so I plan on asking her then.

*I have been slacking the blog department lately. I plan on doing a "Weekend in Pictures" post as well as a pregnancy-related one that I have debated writing for a while. Also, I was thinking of having Tommy do a Q & A post. You ladies know SO MUCH about me and my life, maybe youd like to hear what he has to say?*

16 comments:

The Ashes said...

So... why do you have a brand new 4 bedroom house but arent living in it? Why are you renting if you have a house?

Kerri said...

Well, if your doctor gives you any good advice about the sleeping thing, let me know. I am the same way. Part of the problem is that I have to get up to go to the bathroom so many times a night and then I can't fall back asleep. It's so hard to get up for work in the morning, and I don't think it's going to get any easier as these last few months go by. I feel your pain!

courtney said...

Good luck with the house. What a situation. The Lord will provide though (and hopefully on our time schedule, right?). Good luck getting some sleep.

Joy said...

Good- yay for your husband!!!

Bad- praying your house sells FAST! Are you getting any views on the house?

Ugly- this sucks and I go through it too. Unfortunately there's nothing you can do except take a sleeping aid (most of which are addictive). My only suggestion is to try to get ready for bed 30 minutes earlier without distractions (like the TV), drink some warm milk, play soft music. But it's just one of those pregnancy things we all go through. Hoping you get good sleep soon!

Jess said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jess said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jess said...

The good: Good luck Tom! I am praying he gets the job and that your lives change for the better...either way, Hadley has changed your lives for the better so this is going to just add to it!

The bad: I'm with the ashes...I'm a little confused on why you have a house, are paying rent and live with your parents

The ugly: I'm sorry you aren't sleeping. I wish I had some advice but I don't. :(

babyparamore.blogspot.com

WantWait&Pray said...

I'm sorry you're in such a hard spot with the house, staying at your moms and not wanting to rent because of the extra money. Why aren't you staying at your house while it's on the market?
Good news that Tom has the oral part of his exam is definitley good news though!

Wishing you the best of luck, hun!

Meant to be a mom said...

I'm having problems sleeping also. Definitely tell me if you get any pointers on sleeping better. My ribs hurt when I'm on my side, I can't sleep on my back or my stomach, what else do you do??
Good job to your hubby by the way!
I hope he gets it!

Jamie said...

Do you have a link with info about your house? I live in Naperville and know of a few people that might be interested...let me know!

Sue said...

The Good: Congrats and go Tommy!!! I'm sure he'll do awesome on the 13th.
The Bad: Good luck. I wish for you to be putting together your nursery too. :(
The Ugly: I always sleep better if I don't eat within 2 hours/so of going to bed and this was especially true when I was pregnant. Good luck there too!
Tommy: How many more kiddos do you want? Do you have nieces/nephews on your side? What's the best part about your wifey being pregnant, besides the fact that you are finally getting your own peanut? Do you want Erin to be a SAHM if possible?

VAF said...

Regarding the sleep issue, I too have no trouble falling asleep, but my sleep is also really light and restless, with lots of vivid, sometimes disturbing dreams, and sometimes when I wake up to go to the bathroom, I can't fall back asleep--that's the worst! Anyway, one thing I have found to help is making sure our apartment is cool enough at night--when it gets too warm, my sleep gets even lighter and more restless. Another thing that seems to help is getting some moderate exercise during the day, but not too close to bedtime. I've read that exercising in the late afternoon (4-6pm) is best for improving sleep. Other than that, I asked my doctor about it, and he just said to take Tylenol PM or Benadryl if I really can't sleep. Personally I'm holding out for now, but I also don't work, so it's easier for me to deal with a bad night (I can just take it easy that day or even catch a nap). Anyway, I hope sleep improves for you and that you guys manage to sell your house!

Momma and Her Doodle said...

Waking from sleep is your body way of oreparing you now for being awake and sleeping lightly to hear the baby once she arrives.

Once that baby arrives you will be awake every few hours feeding her and taking care of her needs.

twondra said...

Yay for Tommy! That's awesome!

I hope the house sells!!

I hope you're able to get some sleep. Thinking of you!!

Dawn said...

Hi, I think I've commented from time to time. I just wanted to wish you two well with Toms job search. I work for a sheriff's office and so does my husband. I work on the patrol side in admin and he works as a deputy on the corrections side. I've been here 8 years and I love it. I originally started in the jail and I booked the inmates charges when they came in the door. It was exciting but after 3 years I transferred over to the patrol department doing administrative work. Im not a deputy, I'm office staff.

So with your Dad involved there you most likely understand how it all works. =)

Dawn said...

oh and the sleeping only gets worse. So hard to get comfortable. I never took anything, just tried to do what I could. I had to put a pillow in between my knees and then 'maybe' I'd get some sleep!

I've always heard it prepares you for all the sleepless nights after baby gets here. Hang in there. It does get better. :)