Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Baby Update

Thanks so much for you input on my pain. Round ligament pain crossed my mind, but I thought that was more of an achy feeling, not this sharp stabbing. It has been there, only on the right side, on and off the past few days. Sometimes I don't feel much of anything, other times it hurts no matter what I do. Its a small price to pay, if you ask me.

I booked and paid for our birthing class. The first one is September 8th. It runs for 5 weeks. I'm also taking a breastfeeding class in early October.

We are looking into having a 3D/4D ultrasound done. There are quite a few local facilities, so I am currently comparing prices and such. I want to do it before 30 weeks.

It looks like we will have three baby showers. One for friends, one for Toms family and one for my side. We did the same for our bridal showers and we got everything we needed! I think on will be Aug. 28th, one is for sure Sept. 19th and the last may be as late as Oct. 10th. I put in a request of that being the last possible day. I have a gut feeling she will arrive in late October and I want to be prepared!

I have been super hungry lately. I eat 3 meals a day and snack often. I hope I don't start gaining a ton of weight.

My mom and I went to Kohl's the other night, since they were having a huge sale. Ama(what the grandkids call her) wanted to buy her 5th grandchild some fall clothes! We bought some of the snuggliest and cutest Carters outfits. She also bought me a pair of maternity shorts and "going out" jeans for the fall. I felt like I was 15 again, having her buy me clothes. She truly is the best.

Next Friday, my mom, sister and I are going to this huge Gymboree resale. They go twice a year and get the cutest outfits for a great price. All of us are pumped to be buying girl clothes again.

My sister and I are 4 years apart. Delaney and Hadley will be 4 exactly years apart. Its going to be "us" all over again..:)

That's enough rambling for now. I'm going to devour some cheese pizza..

9 comments:

Stephanie RN BSN (to be!) said...

Gymboree has the cutest clothes! I used to work there and it was a good thing I didn't have kids, because I would have bought everything in the store.

Momma and Her Doodle said...

Erin,

Kohls has tons of deal be sure to sign up for a credit card (even if you do not use it) they will mail you a coupon every month with a promotion. Maternity clothese there are always either on sale or buy one get one free!

Stacy

Mush said...

Hi there, I'm not sure if they do them over there, but I did Active Birthing/Yoga classes and they were amazing. They helped me out so much. Might be worth looking into.

Baby Bjorn slings are really good and you can get them off e-bay. My best purchase was a nice big chair for them to sit/lie in all day. I bought a Chicco delux soft bouncy chair.

I would loved to have had a shower but they just aren't the done thing here. Maybe next time ;o)

Meant to be a mom said...

Bummer on the pain. Its awkward I know. If it doesn't go away call your doc for peace of mind.

How fun on the clothes shopping. You should post some pics.

Stephanie said...

You know what...this is the only time that you can gain weight and it be healthy and okay..so go for it! :)

Carters is the best for babies...best quality,soft and so incredibly cute!!!!

jill said...

loooove the cheese pizza. we've been living on it during the painting/moving marathon. :) i'm sure you've gotten tons of better advice or input than i'll ever have, but my round ligament pain was always sharp and always on the lower right side, never ever on the left. i am SO jealous about the gymboree sale! can't wait to see pictures of your finds. :)

Brooke said...

I am so glad everything is going smoothly.

I left you a blog award :)

Jennie said...

Came across your blog for the first time and wanted to say 'hi'. We had our own Peanut this past April (after 2 losses) and we didn't find out the sex of our babe until she arrived! Our daughter arrived 7 weeks early and is now 3 months old, and I have to say, being a Mommy is AWESOME!

Best wishes and prayers for a safe and healthy pregnancy and baby. I'll keep checkin' on ya :)

Melissa: The Goldilocks of the Bear Den...and the Momma! said...

So excited for you! Growing up and years ago I was told it would be hard for me to conceive but I was blessed fairly quickly with a great baby boy. As my pregnancy progressed my lower belly and things just hurt. The last month was the worst. My OB said it wasn't contractions just him coming down and sitting sideways on my bone. I hope your pain goes away and stays away. Take Care
Melissa