Monday, June 22, 2009

Ultrasound Details

After not sleeping well, due to extreme excitement, Friday went by surprisingly fast. We arrived at the hospital and checked in with no problems. After about 5 minutes, my name is called by an elderly man. He spoke broken English and I could barely understand Erin being called. My first thought was, Please let him just take us to our room and not be our tech. Sure enough, he was our tech. I layed on the bed and got prepped for the ultrasound. After him asking me my due date, the silence began. For about 45 minutes, he scanned and measure away. Placenta, stomach, kidneys, brain, etc. The only reason we knew what we were viewing was from him typing the labels at the bottom. I was so miserable. Seriously, you could have heard crickets in that room; it was so awkward! He says he will be right back and I look at Tom and start crying. We waited two months for this ultrasound, and had to fight to have it and this was the experience we get? I kept it together when he returned. Sure enough, 5 minutes later he left again. You could tell he was new and didn't know what he was doing.

He walked back in with a young girl who was very friendly. She re-did a few of his measurements and then showed us all the cute stuff..her mouth open, feet, profile, and so on. After over an hour on the table, she asked if we knew the gender. I said no, can you pleeeease tell us. She scanned for a minute and said, "Its a little girl!" Tom and I just looked at each other with this beaming smiles. We knew it!! She is measuring right on track and currently weighs 11 oz! We wanted to run from the hospital and shout it from the rooftops..

I cant wait to hold that hand!

Her long legs

That's what has been kicking me!


They had predicted severe storms all day Friday, but I had yet to see a raindrop. Of course, it started pouring while we were driving to the outdoor mall to pick out our outfits. There is some coverage and we had an umbrella, so we figured why not? We walked into Gymboree, Tom picked out a cute onesie, and then we looked outside to see how bad the storm got in a matter of 5 minutes. Branches were falling, people were running, it was chaos! We walked to a few more stores and just said forget it. We drove over to Cheesecake Factory, which is within the parking lot. The wait was 40 minutes and we were starving, so we just got some cheesecake to go. We decided to go to Target to print out the ultrasound pics, since they put them on a disc. We walk in and the sign says-Print in seconds is out of order. Ahh! What else could go wrong? We went to the indoor mall right there for Panda Express. What a romantic celebration dinner! We drive home and THE POWER IS OUT! We couldn't believe it. Everything was horrible that night other than finding out about our Princess in the womb.

I wanted to do a bunch of stuff when we got home..laundry, balance the checkbook, blog, pack..none of which was done. It was steaming hot and I knew there was no way I could fall asleep. Tom lays down and is sleeping in 5 minutes, but I probably slept 2 hours that night.
Thankfully, Saturday and Sunday were much better. :) I need to upload the video on here and will share that story tomorrow..

20 comments:

The Beaver Bunch said...

So glad to see that everything is great! Congrats on BABY GIRL!

Yay!

Staci said...

Congrats on your GIRL!!! I was glad that you got another tech in the room to make it more fun for you :)

Candace said...

Congrats on having a baby girl! My first was a girl(Gracie.. hence the name of my blog) and I adored having a little girl first! They are so much fun! What a wonderful blessing!!!!

Meant to be a mom said...

What a crazy day. I'm just so glad you got to see her for so long and that you found out its a girl.

Kelly said...

I gave you an award, check out my blog!

Dianne said...

Wow what an exciting day! Congrats on your little girl!!!

The Patterson's said...

Awww...those feet are just too precious! Love that picture!

Foster Mama said...

Congrats on your baby girl!!!

Stephanie said...

What a day!
Goodness...atleast you got the wonderful news in the middle of all that!

Joy said...

It's a season for GIRLS!!! Congrats!!!!!!!

Can't wait to hear the name!

A said...

So sorry that the experience wasnt all that you wanted it to be :( but CONGRATULATIONS ON BABY GIRL! YAYYYYYYYY!~

Xillary said...

It's a day you'll never forget! Congrats!!

Ashley said...

Sorry it wasn't like you planned!! Congrats on that baby girl though!!

Stephanie said...

I'm sorry your first tech was not friendly! Glad you finally got one that you related to and was nice enough to show you stuff. That is such a special time!!!!

Tiffany said...

LOVE IT! A baby girl and a memorable story. So... what is her name?

Saffy said...

YAY!!!! Team Pink :)
OK so a not so flash scan operator, and some minor details of the day sucked... but you've got a beautiful wee girl in your tummy, safe and sound, and growing beautifully. That's lovely news.

twondra said...

You poor thing. Just one bad thing after another. :( So glad you got a different tech.

Stacey said...

Awww congrats. She is adorable. I love the feet picture! Those little tiny toes are just so cute. CONGRATS!

Molly said...

Oh, that picture of the little feet is great!

Mrs. Hammer said...

Congrats on the peanut princess or princess peanut :) Even on a crazy, rainy day I'm sure you were just thrilled with the news.