Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Two Parts

So much has been going on these past few weeks, I don't feel like I will ever catch up. Lets see, last Tuesday was my sisters 26th-and golden-birthday. Wednesday was my brothers 30th birthday! Yes, they are 1 day apart..plus 4 years. We didn't do much for them, as we celebrate over Memorial Day weekend each year. Usually their birthdays fall on the actual weekend, but it was early this year! I really cant believe I have a 30 year old brother. Sigh, life moves too fast.
Friday my younger brother graduated from high school. It was a nice ceremony and shorter than we expected. The baby extended its congratulations via kicking the whole time!

Walking back after getting his diploma

Hats off!


Proud parents

Tom, Jay, Me

Jay and his bud, Patrick

Saturday was his party with family and friends. My moms side of the family is so big, we rarely get together. It was wonderful to see everyone! We have more major events coming up and will be seeing them more often. One of those is my cousin, Molly's wedding in November. It is the 21st, which is 2 weeks after my due date. I'm not sure how I am going to pull that one off..






Baby graduate!

The girls, plus Ty-guy

Attempting a family pic..


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
As of today, our baby is PAID OFF! I called to verify everything through our clinic was processed with our insurance and paid the remaining balance. Woo-hoo! Now we have our little love cookin' and storage for our 4 frozen possibilities for the next 5 years!

I booked our tour of the hospital for June 28th. We have been to the hospital a few times, the last one being my embarrassing crying incident when Tyler was born. I want to know my way around the labor and delivery unit, particularly where the nursery is.

My headaches have been unbearable lately. I have had one each day for about the past week or so. Some days, I wake up with one. I really hope these go away soon!

I will leave you with this poem from my Chicken Soup book.

Did you ever think, dear Mother,
As the seeds of me you sowed,
As you breathed new life inside of me,
And slowly watched me grow,
In all your dreams about me
When you planned me out so well,
When you couldn't wait to have me there
Inside your heart to dwell,
Did you ever think that maybe
I was planning for you, too,
And choosing for my very own
A mother just like you?
A mother who smelled sweet and who
Had hands so creamy white,
A tender loving creature
Who would soothe me in the night?
Did you ever think in all those days
While you were coming due,
That as you planned a life for me
I sought a life with you?
And now as I lay in your arms,
I wonder if you knew
While you were busy making me,
I was choosing you!

14 comments:

Jess said...

You guys have had a few busy weeks with b-day parties and graduations, I bet your glad its over!

What a great feeling to have the baby paid off and have four more frozen! I wish our insurance covered ivf but it doesn't so that is why I am praying the clomid works!

Adorable pics-all of them!

Sue said...

Awww, love the poem! Great pics too.

Sarah said...

What a sweet poem!

I'm sure you're very excited to have the baby paid off! Now the expenses of taking care of it begin! :) I can't think of a better way to spend my money though!

Oh, and about your cousin's wedding - chances are the baby will still be in that really new newborn stage and will sleep for very long stretches at a time!

Machelle said...

Congrats on getting the baby paid off!! I know that was a relief for us as well!! Insurance is great when they cover infertility. We would not have our girls without insurance.

kim_brough said...

What's a golden birthday?

Ashley said...

LOVE that poem. It's perfect!!

The Beaver Bunch said...

Mmmkay, I'm just guessing that when you say "Proud Parents" that those are your parents (since you said that was your brother and all).

If so, (or I guess even if not, b/c it doesn't change the fact that I think...) your Dad looks A LOT like Clint Eastwood.

Seriously. Please tell me y'all have heard that before.

twondra said...

My brother and sister are 30 today....I can't believe it either!

Love all the pictures. :)

Fullers1006 said...

Love all the pics! LOoks like you had a crazy busy week!

Mimi said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE the pics!!! Congrats to your brother!!! And yay for baby kicking!!!

Kami

Meant to be a mom said...

How fun, Don't you just love having a big family!

Also congrats on being paid off on the IVF. I feel like we never will pay ours off (our insurance didn't cover it). Thats such a blessing that yours did.

Third, I love that poem. Thanks for sharing. I'm glad your good, I hope your headaches get better soon.

kim_brough said...

Gee, I mised my golden birthday when I was 2. :-(

paige said...

i seem to be prone to headaches in pregnancy too - something that worked for me was faithfully taking a B multivitamin & extra water... might be something to think about?

Happily Married said...

That poem brought tears to my eyes as I never thought about it like that & have wondered so many times why it didn't happen sooner for us. It makes me now that THIS is the right child for us. Thank you so much for those words. I needed them more than I knew I did.