Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Rainy Day

As always, I have tons to update on. The weekend turned out great, even though we weren't expecting much. We have had one of the coolest summers ever here in Chicago. Not only that, it has rained and rained for weeks now. We checked the weather at the cottage all week and it was looking grim. 68/70 degrees and cloudy doesn't sound like a great weekend in the sun. We drove up Friday and just relaxed. Saturday, we woke up to rain and decided to make the best of the day. We went to Lake Geneva, browsed shops, stopped at Wal-Mart, got a camcorder case from Best Buy, ate at Domino's(Toms craving!), and finally went to see The Hangover. *Sidenote-that movie was hilarious!!* The weather took a huge turn for the better at one point, thank goodness. We went to the beach and hung out the rest of the night. Some of the family drove up Saturday night, but everyone pretty much went to bed. Sunday was gorgeous! We were on the boat for hours and yes, I braved wearing a bikini..Tom showed me how to drive the boat and I really liked it! That will come in handy this summer when he wants to tube. We had a little BBQ and made plans for Fathers Day weekend.

Cooper relaxing on the beach

Guinness, too cute

Tyler's first boat ride..he was asleep in 30 seconds

Tom and Delaney, braving the frigid waters

Braydon
***************************************
~The doctors office finally sorted out the ultrasound drama and I am scheduled to have it at 4:30 pm on Friday. I will go to the hospital, rather than the maternal fetal medicine. I cant believe we are 3 days away from knowing if we have a son or daughter..
~I signed up for that prenatal aquacise class, which starts next Tuesday. I'm excited to meet pregnant women and get some exercise!
~Our house has been listed with a realtor for about 2 weeks now. The first open house was this past Sunday. We did already receive one offer, but what they wanted to be included with the house was laughable.
~We haven't heard back from the Cook County police exam yet. Tom thinks it may have gone on a freeze again, meaning we wont hear any news for a while.
~Tom wants to test for the department in Florida, near his grandparents condo. That's the potential 4th of July trip. He figures, we could live at the condo for cheap, if he were to get the job. I think there is no harm in trying..The trip is still up in the air. I am waiting to see if my friend can get us some pink passes.
~In the past week, I have turned into the stereotypical irritable, hungry pregnant woman that always has to pee. Hence the weight gain, I assume.
~As far as Godparents go, I still have no clue who to choose. I had never heard that Godparents were considered guardians if something were to happen to us. I always viewed them as someone to look to for guidance and love. I will keep all of your thoughts in mind when we narrow down a list of candidates.
~Speaking of guardians, I thought it was a given that my sister and brother in law would be asked to take over our child/ren, if needed. My sister has the rights to our frozen embryos. When I mentioned this to Tom, he expressed concern over them already having 3 children and likely having one more before they're done. I guess its another subject we have to cover.
~I drive by the hospital I will be having the Peanut at almost every day. I was telling Tommy this weekend that I cant believe we will be there having a baby there soon. People will be calling to congratulate us. Gifts will be brought for us. Flowers and balloons will be give to us. Family and friends will come to congratulate us and see our precious miracle. I still cant believe it. We feel so incredibly lucky.
~Speaking of having a baby, I am going to try to have the baby naturally. I really think I can do it. If not, I wont feel bad about having an epidural. I just want to try it on my own, first. :)

18 comments:

April said...

So, are you going to make us wait or are you going to post on Friday?!?!

Meant to be a mom said...

OK first of all, what a fun weekend. I too braved wearing a two piece this past weekend. I felt silly but oh well.
Also Yes the Hangover was SOOO FUNNY! My husband and I laughed out loud most of the movie.
And last Yay I'm so glad you get to have your ultrasound Friday.

♥Tabitha said...

When I get pregnant (soon, hopefully!) I want to go as natural as possible too!! And I never though about others having rights to our frozen embryos (if we have any left to freeze)...is that required that you give someone rights of them incase something happeneds to you?

A said...

PLEASE post on friday when you find out! :) Im DYING to know!!! Glad you had a good weekend!

Stephanie said...

When are we going to find out?!?! I'm super excited for you both!!
Wow..what an update! Lots of fun, yet lots of decisions to be made still!

Jess said...

Sounds like you had a great weekend! I hope the weather stays nice because I will be in IL in a few days. I'm staying with my family for two weeks and I was dreading the sticky, humid weather!

So glad the drama with the ultrasound was fixed and you will find out if your having a son or daughter...I can't wait to find out!

Lauren's College Life said...

Rainy day here in MN too! I have read for a while and haven't commented until now but I'm not sure why?! Actually I did comment once or twice I think! haha anyway- I saw "the hangover" this weekend too- very funny!!
Sounds like you had a great weekend and I hope everything goes smoothly on Friday! You have to keep us updated!! :)

Bailey said...

We were just in Chicago this weekend and I was shocked by how cool it was, made it perfect for the Cubs game though!

I am so excited for you to findout Friday, best of luck!

The Patterson's said...

So glad you got the ultrasound worked out!! Can't wait to hear what you are having! Wow...you are brave trying without an epidural first! I have a pretty high pain tolerance, and I just don't know if I could do it. Good luck!!!

Sue said...

Wow, thanks for all the updates! We'll be thinking of you on Friday!!! Good luck and please tell us ASAP, LOL :)

Ashley said...

Sounds like a great weekend!! Can't wait to hear the results on Friday!!

beth ewing said...

ok that was alot of information. i was like you on the natural childbirth and ended up with an epidural. i don't feel bad about it but there are things i would do differently the second time around (if i get a second time). one thing i will say is DO NOT GET INDUCED unless you have to. they give you pitocin and it causes insanely painful, unnatural contractions that more often than not lead to an epidural. just wanted to tell you that.

Joy said...

You should check out some of the "medical blogs" I have listed on a blogroll toward the bottom, right-hand side of my blog. It may encourage you and motivate you for an au naturel labor and delivery! Nursing Birth is the blog I highly recommend. The rest are L&D nurses or doctors.

And YAY FOR FRIDAY!!!!!!!!!!!

twondra said...

Sounds like a real fun weekend. :)

Can't wait to hear the ultrasound results! How exciting!!!

Erin a.k.a. Griffin's Mom said...

I'm glad you had a good weekend. Rock that bikini girl - I wore one until I popped. It was fun!

Can't wait until the sex is announced!

LucieP said...

you are so cute!
Your post reminds me of my many many thoughts during my pregnancy.

God parents are not necessarily what they were before as far as who your children were to go with if something happened to you. They are a source of support and guidance in your child's life.

It's really hard to think about who you would want your babe to be with if something were to happen to you. I even have conflicting opinions personally about my own choices.

I was a wimp and told my midwife to sign me up for the epidural on my first visit! I ended up being induced both times which basically made an epidural mandatory because the contractions are so strong!!

Loving to hear about how you're doing!!

Stacey said...

Good luck tomorrow. I hope you post as soon as you get home because I don't know if we can wait until you announce it to everyone.

And I have the same thoughts about the epidural. I would like to try without it and if it gets unbareable then I'll ask for it (if its not too late).

Staci said...

Good luck at the ultrasound :) Hopefully "peanut" will cooperate and let you see what you are hoping to see :) I always drank a glass of orange juice before my ultrasounds...it alwasy got them active. Nothing worse than a sleeping baby with it's legs crossed during an important ultrasound!

Godparents DO NOT have to be the guardians you choose for your child. I am Catholic and my husband is Presbyterian. He thought the same thing when we were choosing Godparents for our children as well. Godparents are more for spiritual guidance and people that will love your child and be there for them in all ways. My sisters and I all have different godparents but my parents chose to have my mom's oldest brother and his wife as our guardians.

If you are worried about your sister already having 3 kids but still want to choose her then I'd say talk to her about it first and see how she feels. My sister has 4 children and I have 3 (#4 on the way). We have chosen each other as the guardian for our own children. I would say that as long as you are comfortable in knowing that the person you choose would raise your child(ren) the way you would want them to be raised and love them beyond reason then go for it!