Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Boy or Girl

Question of the day-What is the sex of our baby?

I googled and this is what I found-

It's a boy if:
You didn't experience morning sickness in early pregnancy
Your baby's heart rate is less than 140 beats per minute
You are carrying the extra weight out front
Your belly looks like a basketball
Your areolas have darkened considerably
You are carrying low
You are craving salty or sour foods
You are craving protein -- meats and cheese
Your feet are colder than they were before pregnancy
The hair on your legs has grown faster during pregnancy
Your hands are very dry
Your pillow faces north when you sleep
Dad-to-be is gaining weight, right along with you
Pregnancy has you looking better than ever
Your urine is bright yellow in color
Your nose is spreading
You hang your wedding ring over your belly and it moves in circles
You are having headaches
You add your age at the time of conception and the number for the month you conceived and the sum is an even number

It's a girl if:
You had morning sickness early in pregnancy
Your baby's heart rate is at least 140 beats per minute
You are carrying the weight in your hips and rear
Your left breast is larger than your right breast
Your hair develops red highlights
You are carrying high
Your belly looks like a watermelon
You are craving sweets
You are craving fruit
You crave orange juice
You don't look quite as good as normal during pregnancy
You are moodier than usual during pregnancy
Your face breaks out more than usual
You refuse to eat the heel of a loaf of bread
Your breasts have really blossomed!

Your pillow faces south when you sleep
Your urine is a dull yellow color
You hang your wedding ring over your belly and it moves from side to side
You add your age at the time of conception and the number for the month you conceived and the sum is an odd number

I highlighted all the ones that apply to me. This didnt help at all! I dont know if my belly looks like a watermelon or a basketball. My urine ranges from yellow to dull, based on how much water I drink. I am not craving meat or fruit. I am craving sweets, but always have. I never eat the heel of a loaf of bread...

Based on the above information, there is a 50% chance I am having a boy and a 50% chance I am having a girl. 16 days and counting..

19 comments:

cady said...

i wonder how many of those are accurate. i know the morning sickness and heartbeat ones are old wives tales. plus, my news director had really bad morning sickness with both of her pregnancies, and she has two boys. another friend of mine never felt sick one day of her current pregnancy and is having a girl. i've come to realize there's really no way to figure it out before the u/s unfortunately. however, i have had big cravings for orange juice and sweets, so i'm hoping those are actually true. :)

Jess said...

My mom claims she broke out with acne so bad when she was pregnant with me and looked hoorible. She said with my brothers she looked beautiful...I always thought this was just an old wives tale and merely coincidence (sp). My brothers gf has bad acne and is a witch right now...so hopefully it means I'm getting a niece.

You're looking more beautiful every week, so maybe it isn't a girl. :)

kim_brough said...

I wonder how they came up with those. Did somebody go around and ask pregnant women in public "excuse me, ma'am, are your areolas darker than they used to be? How's the pee looking?" :-)

Tiffany said...

Hehe, I KNOW that I have two boys cooking and still, many of those don't apply to me. I am thinking girl for you. :-)

Mush said...

Both my pregnancies were with boys, and both were very, very different. I don't really think anyone can tell. Not long until you know anyway.

Oh, by the way, I've done an update but back dated it to date of birth ;o)

Fullers1006 said...

OH goodness that is too funny! From that list my son shoudl have DEFINATLY been a GIRL! But nope no such luck he was a boy and I had morning/all day sickness every single day till I was 20 weeks pregnant! Can't wait till you find out!

Ashley said...

That's funny...I'll guess we'll have to wait and see!! When is your big ultrasound??

Josh and April said...

I can not even begin to tell you how bad my headaches were with Reece! I had no headaches with the boys...but I also had no morning sickness with them, but terrible morning sickness with Reece!

Ace said...

I know it sounds stupid but the wedding ring over the belly always worked for me. Even when I was pregnant with boy/girl twins, it would switch back and forth. When I was pregnant with my daughter, it only swung the girl way.

Erin a.k.a. Griffin's Mom said...

It's so hard to tell since everyone's body handles pregnancy differently. Even my sister and I had different pregnancies with the same results!

♥Tabitha said...

It's SOOOO close! I can't wait to find out!

Dianne said...

ha!!! I guess you will just have to wait!! :(

Mrz. Hannah Myhre said...

I have no idea what the sex is.. BUT I can't wait till you find out!!

Meant to be a mom said...

I know nothing about guessing the sex but I can say that mine is a boy and he is really low and has been since the first tiny bump I got. He truly does look like a volleyball right now. People don't notice half the time because he is so low and so round. Its not a drastic change to my body. In the picture of you in your pink dress you look like your baby bump is up higher. I have no idea if this is correct but I am guessing its a little baby girl!!! I can't wait to hear what your having. The suspense is crazy.

Heather said...

I use to always look at those OWT and see which it predicted for me!

Soon enough you will know..that is going to be such an exciting day for you!!!

I am guessing it is a boy.

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

Enjoyed reading your blog tonight. I am still finding my way around blogland....I always love making new friends..I am posting about Disney so hope you will stop by. Commenting automatically puts you in the drawing for the June giveaway.

Stacey said...

Haha, you had me so excited when I read the title. I thought you had found out early and were going to tell us! I guess we'll have to wait a few more days.

Joy said...

I had SO MANY of the boy ones... and we're having a girl. Then again I have a ton of the girl ones, too. Cannot wait for the next 2 weeks to speed up!

Mike and Katie said...

this list is funny and mostly ridiculous! i have a few more months to find out.