Tuesday, June 23, 2009

The Big Reveal

Saturday was one of the best days of our life. I was bursting with excitement and couldn't wait to tell our big news. We loaded the car up for the cottage and were on our way. We stopped at Jewel to get a big Its a Girl balloon with a few tiny ones. Then, we stopped at Starbucks where Toms twin sister works. We walked in, she turned around, looked confused for a minute and then screamed! She was so surprised! I felt proud to be telling our family members about our daughter.

We drove over to Toms moms house and used the balloons to share the news with Mom and Stefanie. They were also thrilled and kept talking about going shopping! We left there and began driving to Wisconsin. After sitting in the car a while, I thought..why don't we tell my family tonight instead of tomorrow? Everyone was going to be there tonight, so why wait!? I called the bakery and the woman said she could have it ready at 3 pm! We discreetly drove and picked it up and hid it in a dresser drawer. It was difficult keeping the secret for a few hours, knowing the cake was in the house!

I was hoping we were having dinner at home, but everyone wanted to go to a local fest to eat. So, we waited for everyone to finish getting ready and were ushering family members on the deck. It was hard to get everyone to stay in one place. I told them I had a gift for Dad that was for the whole family. :) No one was cooperating..my sister was going downstairs, where Tom was with the cake, so he had to make a mad dash to avoid being seen. My dad had gone to get in the car and it took some persuading to get him to come back up.. We finally managed to get everyone together! I was afraid they were going to catch on, but that didn't happen!! Luckily, our friend Katie was at the house, so she had the video camera ready. She zooms in funny at the beginning, but at least you hear the initial screams and excitement!

video





The rest of the night, everyone was just in disbelief that a little girl would be joining our family. She is going to be spoiled!

I'll write about Fathers Day later..

*****************

I had an OB appointment yesterday and it went great. I met the third doc and adore her. So, now I love 2, dislike 1 and haven't met one. She was friendly, kind and didn't make me feel rushed. I am measuring on track and the heartbeat was beautiful. I have only gained 3 lbs, but she said it doesn't seem to be a problem. She joked that if all patients were like me, she would be on time every day. I said it was so rough getting to this point, I am thankful it has been easy. Oh, how very thankful I am. I go back in 4 weeks.

Afterward, I went by my sisters to sort through baby girl clothes. It will be so cute to see our little girl in all the outfits Delaney wore. I cant wait!

I think we are 99% sure of her name...I guess I will share it when we are 100% positive.

******************

Oh yeah, we booked our trip to Florida! I am really looking forward to it. We fly down next Thursday and will rent a car. Tom will go take the exam at 1 pm and then we will be able to relax the rest of the trip! I plan on laying by the pool the majority of the time. I debated finding someone to take our pics on the beach..I need to look some more. We will return that Sunday. We need this time away to relax and enjoy each others company before our life is taken over..by the miracle Peanut!

19 comments:

Joy said...

Such a cute video! And that cake is adorable!!!

Can't wait to hear the name! We only know our little girl's first name. Daddy gets to pick the middle name and is taking his SWEEEEET time (Momma is getting annoyed! LOL!).

Sarah said...

Congrats on your little girl!

I don't recall you saying what part of Florida you were going to, but some awesome photgraphers in our area are going to be in Florida next week and are doing some free sessions.

http://beatyphotography.com

I'm not sure if the dates line up or not, but it's worth checking out their site. Scroll down on their blog until you find beach sessions.

Ashley said...

So cute!! congrats;) I hope yall have a wonderful relaxing time in Florida!!

Bailey said...

Love the video, how neat to have that to watch over and over!

twondra said...

So cute! Love the cake!

Stephanie said...

Gotta love Daddy's hooters shirt showing off his baby girls cake :) So funny!

Love how excited everyone was...thanks for sharing that video!

WantWait&Pray said...

Adorable! Congrats- can't wait to hear her name!!!!!

Kristi said...

Hey Erin, just wanted to let you know that I nominated you for a sisterhood award! Visit my blog for more details :)

Tiffany said...

Love the video and the cake is so cute. I must say I am mighty jealous of your babymoon. You will have so much fun.

April said...

I think you need a new blog name like Journey to Our Princess Peanut! :)

Meant to be a mom said...

How exciting, what a great memory of you guys telling your family.
Congrats again on your little princess!

Meant to be a mom said...

Lol I just got your post on my blog, You'll be 25 when you've been married 6 years. I am 26 almost 27. I feel like I'm getting so old but yet I don't feel like I'm old at all. Does that make any sense? Anyways, You'll be celebrating with your hubby and baby. Thats what we can't hardly wait for next year. So we can have our baby boy with us when we celebrate our marriage.

Amber said...

what an adorable video and congrats on telling the family!

Sue said...

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwww! Love the video, thanks for sharing it with us!! Fun! And how awesome your FL trip is right around the corner.

Shannon said...

I have been reading you blog for a little while, and I have to tell you that I think you guys are such a cute couple! Enjoy this time cause it goes by so so fast! My little guy is almost 16 months and that time has flown by! Congrats on your news!
Shannon from IN

Jess said...

Yes, it was centennial beach! I'm going to be here until July 5th...a really long time but I love it here! I feel like IL is my second home and can't wait for my hubby to fly in on Sunday, so I can show him around and introduce him to portillos. My aunt lives in Naperville about 15 minutes south of the beach.

Erin a.k.a. Griffin's Mom said...

I can't wait to hear the name! Shop until your little heart is content ... outlets are awesome for baby shopping! I always print out coupons on-line bnefore I go ... just to make it seem like I didn't buy as much! Ha! Enjoy your babymoon!!!!

Melissa said...

Congrats on your baby girl! My husband and I did IVF and have an 8 month old daughter now. Little girls are SO fun to dress!!!! Love your cake - what a cute idea.

Catherine said...

I haven't followed your blog for awhile, but last night I was thinking about you and thought it was about time for you to find out what you're having! SO I came by to see if you'd announced and if you were right that it's a girl!!! Congratulations to you guys! I'm really very happy for you. :o) Having a girl is fantastic!!