Sunday, June 7, 2009

18 Weeks



How far along? 18 Weeks
Total weight gain/loss: No pregnancy weight gain
Maternity clothes? I wear them more often then regular clothes now. I pretty much dress is comfy clothes all week and dresses on the weekend
Stretch marks? Nope.. I do need to be better about using the cocoa butter
Sleep: Better this week, thankfully
Best moment this week: Every morning, I lay on my back and just hold my hardening tummy..and smile :)
Movement: Is the best feeling ever. We are anxiously waiting for the day Daddy can feel it!
Food cravings: I had to get a Pizza hut mini pizza when I was at Target
Gender: My gut says girl, still
Labor Signs: Nope, not ready for that yet
Belly Button in or out? In, but getting rounder
What I miss: Being able to wear a bikini
What I am looking forward to: Our big announcement in 2 weeks
Weekly Wisdom: As Mrs. Hammer said, "Have faith that everything is just fine with your little peanut."
Milestones: Feeling hiccups for the first time
Thank you all for your sweet comments on my last post. I hope I didn't come off as ungrateful. Its just..sometimes I worry. I am blessed to have a "normal" pregnancy following infertility. The thing is, I may be normal physically, but I am anything but normal in my head and in my heart. I don't have the same thoughts, fears, concerns, joys, outlook as someone who became pregnant easily may. These 12 days cant pass quickly enough..
I went ahead and booked my breastfeeding class and our child birthing class at the hospital, as I have been told they fill up quickly. September will be here before we know it. I may enroll in a prenatal aquacise in the next few weeks. Of course, I want the exercise, but I also want to socialize with other pregnant women.

14 comments:

Dave and Elaine said...

I think your 18w preggo belly looks perfectly normal - especially since you feel Baby kick!

Heather said...

You look great!

And prenatal aquasize sounds fun! I am going to have to see if my hospital has that!

Joy said...

Wonderful picture! I took a prenatal water class and loved it!!

The Patterson's said...

Glad to know I'm not alone! I am anxiously awaiting our first ultrasound, and you are right - it can't come soon enough!

You look great!

Ashley said...

You look GREAT!! I say wear that bikini and show off that baby;) Can't wait to hear what you're having!!! Also, once again LOVE that dress..where are you getting all these cute dresses??

Foster Mama said...

Your bump is so cute!!!! I agree, I think you should wear your bikini. It'd be cute.

agk11808 said...

very cute belly pic! i am about 5 weeks behind you i will be 14 weeks on thursday, and i can't wait to feel the baby move! nothing yet, but i can't wait. I also know the feeling about just wanting to look preggo. i didn't have any trouble getting pregnant, but still wish people would see me pregnant, and not the "just ate a big meal" belly! good luck can't wait to hear what you are having:)

Stephanie said...

I think your belly looks absolutely great and normal(may I add) so you are no different than many others!!!! If you're feeling that sweet baby move around inside of you then everything is okay!!!! Thinking of you during the days...I know you're anxious to see him/her but try to relax(easier said than done) :)

twondra said...

You are sooooo cute! Love the pictures. :)

ajc4ever said...

I love your weekly updates. Your baby bump is definetely getting bigger. You look beautiful!

Fullers1006 said...

You look beautiful!! BTW wear a bathing suit a bikini in fact and love your belly! There is a baby in there embrace it! I wore one until two weeks before my due date and I loved looking like a big ol pregoo mama!

Meant to be a mom said...

I just was able to check my blog for the first time this weekend. Sorry I missed your last one because I have to say you look great!! People are constantly telling me I'm way to small for 23 weeks. They look at me like I'm some kind of liar. It hurts my feelings. So I completely understand what you mean. I just want you to know that you look great. I can definitely see your bump. Also congrats on your 18 weeks, its so exciting.

Kismet21 said...

So cute! Your due date is my birthday. Scorpio babies really are the best!

King Quads said...

What a beautiful bump!! You look so happy and so beautiful.