Friday, May 1, 2009

Second OB

We had our second OB appointment yesterday and it went very well. Delaney and Tom met me there, as I drove straight from work. The nurse weighed me, took my blood pressure and told me to leave a urine sample. I didnt know I would be doing that, so I quickly drank as much water as possible. After about 4 cups and 15 minutes, I went with no problem. I walked back into the room and told Tom I should have more confidence in my bladder because it seems I can always pee!

The doctor came in and was very cute with Delaney. She asked if I had any questions..my only one was if highlights were safer than dying your hair. She said yes, like I thought she would. I have been wanting to get my hair done forever, and its almost safe to do so now. She was surprised I hadnt gained any weight. She asked if I was eating..I said YES! She asked if I was exercising too much..I said NO! She didnt seem too concerned. So, I am not concerned. She looked over my lab results from the last appointment and said I passed with flying colors. I layed back and we got to hear the heartbeat. Delaney had this cute little smile, its was adorable. The heartrate was 150 this time. That was it. Quick, easy and successful. I made my next appointment for May 26th. Seems so far away, but I know it will come fast.

We got home and I was excited to see my doppler arrived! Of course, we had to test it out even though we just heard the little one. We had to hurry since we were having dinner by Toms moms house. We brought it with and let everyone hear it there. Before bed, I listened to it one more time. So, I heard the heartbeat 4 times yesterday. I think I got my moneys worth already. :)

Have a great weekend, everyone!

16 comments:

We have Angel Wings said...

How exciting!! So happy that you got to hear the baby's heartbeat 4 times yesterday!

cady said...

i've been thinking about renting a dopplar. your next ob appt is the same day as mine!

Stephanie said...

You'll be listening all the time now :) So cute!!!!!!

Tiffany said...

I love the doppler too, it usually pretty reassuiring, but every once in a while one of the pumpkins will hide and stress me out, but I am pretty good now and finding their hiding spots now. SO glad your appt. went well.

Kahla said...

Yeah, so exicting!!! You are almost in your third trimester, that went fast!!! :o) We use our doppler daily, Id' freak w/o it!

twondra said...

So happy things went well!! Yay!

Molly said...

Getting your own doppler was a great idea! Until you start to feel the baby move, it's really nervewracking!

I'm really enjoying your blog - and I'm betting on a boy!

Angelwingsbaby said...

Sounds like a great appointment.I am so happy for you! ((HUGS))

Joy said...

YAY! So very cool! Which doppler did you buy? Does it work well? I was thinking I should get one. I never used one with my other babies but I think it'd be fun for the big sisters to get to hear the heartbeat whenever they want!

Ashley said...

That's so cool...how much is the doppler? I think it would definately be worth the money for the peace of mind!! Glad to see everthign is still going great. Have a wonderful weekend! ((HUGS))

Jess said...

AWE...how amazing! You will be sharing and listening to your sweet babies heart beat all the time now! :) I'm thinking of buying a doppler for my brother now. I'm going to look into it. I didn't even know you could by them until I read your post!

P.S. You're one of the prettiest mamas I have ever seen!

babyparamore.blogspot.com

Sugar and Ice said...

I didn't gain any weight my first trimesters either. I gained the suggested amounts during both pregnancies in the end though, so maybe it's just something that happens to some of us.

Jay said...

Great appointment! Just so you know, they will always ask for a urine sample, as they test to see if you have any protein or glucose in your system. So drink that water before every visit :)

courtney said...

I remember asking my hair stylist if she thought hair coloring/highlights were safe while pregnant and the lady practically bit my head off! She was mad at the rumers that hair dye isn't safe because she and all her friends had been pregnant and still working for years and years and there were no problems. I always figure when I get pregnant I'll ask the doctor too, but I'm glad to hear that you got a thumbs up on highlights. AND that you've got the doppler...you're all set!

Bryce and Erin Williamson said...

Hey girl! My little boy's heart beat is at 150! Therefore I am thinking it's a boy! I know you want a girl.. I did too, but I am SO glad that we are having a little boy! I can't wait until you find out. Also, I didn't gain anything in my first trimester either. During week 14-16 I put on about 6 lbs. Now that I am at 23 weeks I have put on 15-17. My little man is measuring 8 days bigger than 23 weeks so I'm sure that's where the weight is. I'm SO excited for you!

Meant to be a mom said...

Congratulations on your pregnancy. I wanted to buy a dopplar so bad but never did. I bet its so much fun. I would be listening to it every chance I would get.