Thursday, May 28, 2009

Memorial Day Weekend

Memorial Day weekend was a ton of fun. Friday night, my best friend, Jamie and her boyfriend, Brandon, drove all the way up from ISU to the cottage. We had dinner and decided to stay home and drink. They played drinking games while I happily sipped my water. It was so great to hang out with them, as its been a few months. There was some talk of a wedding in the next few years, which makes me simply giddy. I have only been in one wedding, my sisters, and will be standing up in September. I love everything that has to do with weddings and am anxious for my best friend to experience it!

Saturday we had a BBQ at the beach. My sister invited a few of her playgroup moms and their kids. We had delicious food, tanned, and hung out the entire day. The boys were responsible for putting the poles in the water to keep the boat in place. After hours and hours, they finally finished and rewarded themselves with a round of golf. Eric, my brother-in-law, took us for a quick ride. I found out it is wayyy to bumpy for baby in the front of the boat, but the back doesn't get much bounce to it. The water was freezing and I don't see it warming up anytime soon. We can hope..Saturday was also round one of sunburn. I had the funniest lines thanks to the shirt I was wearing. Ive come to terms that my skin must burn before turning any shade of brown. Oh, the joys of being Irish!

They left pretty late Saturday night and we were exhausted. Tom and I stayed up to watch Taken, which was an awesome movie. Sunday, a TON of us went to the Chocolate fest in Burlington, WI. We go every year and always look forward to it. We let the kids ride the carnival rides, play a few games, ate yummy food, and did everything at a typical fest. We all sat on this hill and the guys drank while we listened to the band. Taylor Swifts song, Love Story, came on. Delaney is IN LOVE with her and more specifically, that song. I ran with her to the front to dance and the entire time she just stared at the girl thinking, "Uh, Auntie Erin, that is NOT Taylor Swiffff (as she says it)!" It was adorable. Sunday was round 2 of sunburn. No surprise there.

Laney Grace doing some pull-ups

Tyler=ham!

Zeffy and Brady on the motorcycles

The "thirsty" boys..Tom, Jamie, Rich, Jeff, Eric, Mike


Some of the kiddos

Me and my first baby

Tyler, Auntie, Braydon

Sunday night we had reached a new level of exhaustion. We don't have a particular room for us at the house yet. We will eventually have one in the basement, but wont until next summer. With new construction, they tell to let the foundation settle for a year before doing any major work. So, we slept on a futon mattress in the living room and got minimal sleep each night. Add that in with the kids waking us up early, staying up late, and being active all day. We were zombies by Sunday evening! Tom still found some energy to play with the Ty-guy that night..

Tom ADORES Tyler

Big TJ and little TJ
I wonder who is having more fun..?

Monday, we left shortly after waking up. The entire day was a blur. I made myself go to a few stores to look for outfits for this weekend, but left unhappy from each. Tonight, I am dragging Tommy to the mall with me. I need to find something to wear to my brothers graduation tomorrow, his party Saturday, Stefis graduation next Saturday and a wedding reception next Sunday. Good luck, Erin!
All in all, the weekend was a blast that revolved around family and children. Not an hour went by that I didnt place my hand on my belly and take a moment to think how thankful I am to have our baby on the way. Honestly, not an hour..
***************
For the first time since adding the poll, MORE of you think this baby is a BOY, than a girl. Girl was in the lead every single day, until now. Ahh, I want to know! 3 weeks from tomorrow!

7 comments:

Ashley said...

Sounds like yall had lots of fun;) LOVE the dress you had on!! Good luck shopping!!

twondra said...

Looks like you guys had a great weekend! You really did get burned! Love the dress. :)

beth ewing said...

ok i can only say this b/c you said it first and b/c it happened to me too but your boobs look great girl. hehe! i went up 2 bra sizes in the first trimester. none of my tops fit and it was horrible. but you look great. i just really noticed a difference in those pictures and had to comment.

Happily Married said...

Sounds like a great weekend! Sorry to hear about the unsuccessful shopping trip but hopefully you found something in your efforts tonight. I can't wait to find out what you're having!!!!

Meant to be a mom said...

How fun. I'm so glad you guys had such a great weekend. Hmm I do wonder what your baby will be??? I can't wait to hear!

Fullers1006 said...

Looks like so much fun! You both are going to be wonderful parents! can't wait till you find out the sex of the baby!

kim_brough said...

Okay, I know I read blogs too much when I thought I saw you while I was out last night! Seriously, my mind was like "It's the peanut girl!" Ha ha.