Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Mama's Day Weekend

Our fun weekend began Friday night. We went to Toms little sister, Stefi's, play at her school. It happened to be Wizard of Oz, which the kids are big fans of. It was steaming hot in the gym, but was a wonderful performance. Delaney has been asking every day when we will see it again. We left straight from the school to our cottage in Wisconsin. For anyone that lives in Wisconsin, the cottage is about 15 minutes from Lake Geneva. Let me know if you live nearby!

We arrived late and went to bed shortly after. Saturday morning, Delaney and Tom went out to a mystery store. There isn't much around our town, so I had no clue where they went. Brady and I hung out, played Legos, colored, and played Wii. I wish I could describe in words how sweet this little boy is. I love one on one time with him. Anyway, they came back and we put the kiddos in the bath. After, I hopped in the shower and finally more family started to arrive. My parents, Aunt Jean, brother Jay, brother Mike and Uncle Dick and Maggie all joined us for the night. Another Aunt and Uncle stopped by who I haven't seen in a while. We had a delicious dinner, watched movies and simply hung out. At one point, we took a break to listen to Baby. Delaney had heard the heartbeat at the doctors, but Braydon had yet to hear it. They thought it was pretty cool.


Look at those baby blues

My mini-me

Listening to Cousin

On Sunday, I woke up next to a video camera. =) We had been talking about getting one for a while. We need it for Fathers Day when we surprise the families, as well as everything else coming up. I was very excited to play with it! Jeralyn, Eric and Tyler came up in the early afternoon; they were at a wedding the night before. We relaxed all day and had a yummy lunch. Everyone was talking about our Disney trip next year. I don't know if we can handle waiting a whole year!

Brady, Tommy, Me


Daddy and Mama-to-be


Mothers Day


Someone requested a picture with Auntie Erin..

It was nice to celebrate Mothers Day, rather than hate it. I guess I have a lot of holidays coming up that will feel the same. I still cant believe we are finally going to have a baby.

******************

I need to document new pregnancy symptoms and such. My back has started to hurt, pretty bad. I still go to the chiro, but not as often as I did while going through IF treatments. I'm guessing its due to my growing upper body. I should look into getting those heat pads. My headaches are still around and have been getting worse. If I feel one coming on, Ill drink a pop. I really try not to, but if its bad, Ill take regular strength Tylonel. Sometimes nothing helps and I just have to deal with it. I am starting to look pregnant and feel really great most days. The last two nights, we have found the baby's heartbeat in the perfect spot and its been SO loud. On Sunday, Tom could hear it a few rooms away. We listen to it every night and each time is special.
******************
In other life news, Tom took the County Police exam yesterday. We will get results via the mail in a few weeks. Also, we have had a few showings in our house and tonight, the word offer was thrown around. We will see if they call in the next few days. If you can, please send positive thoughts our way.
******************
Oh yes, I need to update my blog roll again. If you are somewhat new to my blog, please let me know. I would like to follow your blog and add it to my daily reads. Thanks!
******************
I was organizing old pictures last week and came across this one. I cant help but wonder if this is what our little one will look like...this is Delaney a few weeks old.



That is basically what the baby in my dream looked like, except with green eyes.

22 comments:

Jess said...

I'm glad you had a good 1st Mother's Day! The pics look great and your neice and nephew have the most beautiful eyes!

You are always welcome to follow my blog: babyparamore.blogspot.com

I Believe in Miracles said...

Cute pics!

My back has been hurting too and folks recommended sleeping with ab body pillow (see comments on my last post 2 questions), especially between my knees. It has definitely helped.

Jack said...

I just started following your blog not too long ago. You and my sister in law have the same due date. Congrats! Come check out our blog and we are very close to the WI border in IL.

Ashley said...

Glad you had a great mother's day!! Love the pics!!!

Its A Corny Life... said...

Happy belated first Mothers Day! You look GREAT, by the way. Congratulations too, on starting your second trimester. I am so happy for you, I can't stand it!

jill said...

oh my GOSH! i can't wait to know what you guys are having! i think i'm more anxious than when we found out! how silly is that???? sophie and i pray for you and your peanut every night when we are rocking in our green chair. i can't wait to know pink or blue!!!! i have my favorite monogrammer on standby! hah! happy belated mother's day, MAMA!

Joy said...

I hate the back pain!!! I have it, too, mostly on my left hip/back. I'd rather drink a pop for a headache than take meds so don't feel bad about it. A little caffeine won't hurt the little one or make them sugar-holics. In fact, I'm craving a pop so bad right now!

LOL!

Glad you had a wonderful Mother's Day!!!

The Girls Mommy said...

I was out blog hopping and found your blog (from Taelor Brooke to Allison to you). Congrats on being a Mommy. You have a beautiful family. I can't imagine what the baby will look like, but I am sure that he or she will be beautiful!

Jennifer said...

Do you think Delaney looks like a mini Dakota Fanning in that picture?!? I think she looks just like her!

Ryan and Stuart said...

You look amazing! Glad you had a nice Mother's day.

twondra said...

Sounds like such a wonderful Mother's Day! I'm so happy for you! Love the pictures. You look so happy!

Laura said...

I've been following for a while, and have commented before. We talked about ISU when you were down here and how I live so close to Bloomington-Normal. Everytime you update I get so excited - I'm so happy for you guys! :) It's going to be, by far, the greatest experience of your life! Babies melt my heart! :) Happy Mother's Day!

Meant to be a mom said...

First of all you have a beautiful family, I'm so glad you enjoyed your mothers day!
2nd Fingers crossed for your hubby's police exam....
And last, sounds like your feeling pretty good. There are so many symptoms that can happen I guess its ok to only have a few. I hope you and your little peanut keep feeling and growing and doing great!

Happily Married said...

Sounds like a great weekend! I'm new to your blog but have enjoyed reading it as you're only a few weeks ahead of me & it's nice to hear what may be coming my way. You look great! BTW, where did you get your top/dress? It's too cute!

Sarah said...

I'm a fairly new follower! I've enjoyed reading your story and love checking back for updates!

Sarie Lou Who said...

Love reading your blog. Yeah! It's finally a baby blog...my fave :)

Stace said...

Glad you had a good first Mother's Day! :)

I had a question about your doppler-- did you have to send a perscription in when you ordered it? I know they say to get a perscription to use it but I was wondering how they checked! :)

Jenni said...

hi there, i have enjoyed reading your blog for some time, however i don't think i have ever commented, so i just wanted to say hi :) I am so happy for you and your husband and your peanut :) You are an adorable mama-to-be.

I also wanted to mention that we went to Disney last September and my daughter was 7 months at the time- sounds like your peanut will be about the same age when you go next year. that age is a wonderful time to go!! Just make sure to take a baby sling! ;)

Best wishes and God Bless-
Jenni

unzen said...

Just found your BLOG. Love to hear good storys after infertility. I have 4 kids mostly grown now but my 11 yr old had to use IUI. Dr asked why would i do all this for a 4th child but so glad we did and i have my boy. Pray for you.

unzens6-animals.blogspot.com

The Amazing Trips said...

Oh, that last picture!! What a beautiful baby!!

After struggling with IF for almost 10 years - and having been blessed with triplets and then, a totally surprise singleton two years later ... you are in for an AMAZING treat. Motherhood is the best thing ever.

Congratulations on your growing peanut...!! :)

amanda said...

what a fun 'mama's day'. you're looking so cute!! i had back pain a lot with my pregnancies too, and it's started again with this one. i have to say sleeping with a pillow between your legs does seem to help! i also have read that minimal caffine during pregnancy compared to someone who has had no caffine= minimal caffine mama's had 'happier' babies. i really don't know if it's true but a soda isn't going to hurt! :0)

Dawn said...

Hi, I'm enjoying following your fun journey. I'm so happy for you and I don't even know you but I remember the 'trying' stage and it is wonderful to finally be experiencing it all for yourself.
Enjoy and it only gets better!