Sunday, May 3, 2009

Doppler and 13 Weeks

Here is the information about my doppler, for everyone who asked. I did not purchase it, I rented it from storkradio.com. There are 4 options, I chose the one for $25/month that had a display box for the beats per minute. $25.00 is really all you pay. There are no hidden fees, taxes or delivery charges. It even includes the gel needed. I received it in about 3 days, even though it said up to a week. It comes with the UPS bag to ship it back, so you don't pay for that either. If you decide to keep it for more than a month, they will simply charge your card an additional $25. All in all, its a great deal and we love having ours. If you decide to rent one, please use my name-Erin Robertson-as a reference. I believe I will get an extra month free for my doppler. I would really appreciate it!


How far along? 13 Weeks
Total weight gain/loss: My scale=down 3 lbs, Doc's scale=even
Maternity clothes? Nothing this week
Stretch marks? Nope
Sleep:
Sleep was much, much better this week
Best moment this week: Heartbeat, heartbeat, heartbeat
Movement: I should feel it in a few weeks
Food cravings: Hot fudge sundae, mashed potatoes
Gender: I'm not as confident in girl anymore..7 weeks until we KNOW
Labor Signs: None
Belly Button in or out? Innie
What I miss: Planning a Six Flags summer trip..no roller coasters for me
What I am looking forward to: I'll admit, I'm anxious to hold this sweet babe
Weekly Wisdom: Don't compare yourself to other pregnant women; each one is different
Milestones: DAYS away from 2nd trimester

Pictures coming soon...

Oh, one more thing. I think Brad Paisley was somehow there on January 31st, 2006, when Tom proposed. The lyrics to his new song are beautiful and basically sum up what Tommy said during his proposal. I remember him saying he wanted me to have his babies and I would still be as beautiful when I am old and gray..Seriously, though, I cried when I heard this.


Then by Brad Paisley


"I remember, trying not to stare the night that I first met you
You had me mezmorized
And three weeks later, in the front porch light
taking forty-five minutes to kiss goodnight
I hadn't told you yet
but I thought I loved you then

Chorus

And now you're my whole life
now you're my whole world
I just can't believe the way I feel about you, girl
Like a river meets the sea,
stronger than it's ever been.
We've come so far since that day
And I thought I loved you then

And I remember, taking you back to right where I first met you,
You were so surprised
There were people around, but I didn't care
Got down on one knee right there once again,
I thought I loved you then

Chorus

And now you're my whole life
now you're my whole world
I just can't believe the way I feel about you, girl
Like a river meets the sea,
stronger than it's ever been.
We've come so far since that day
And I thought I loved you then

I could just see you, with a baby on the way
And I could just see you, when your hair is turning gray

What I can't see is how I'm ever gonna love you more
But I've said that before

And now you're my whole life
now you're my whole world
I just can't believe the way I feel about you, girl
We'll look back someday, at this moment that we're in
And I'll look at you and say
And I thought I loved you then
And I thought I loved you then"

11 comments:

Ashley said...

Thanks for the info on the doppler!! Love reading your updates and LOVE that song...it's one of my favorites:)

Megan said...

I love that song so much - cried in the car the first time I heard it. :)

Jess said...

awe, I posted these lyrics on my blog too...it is a beautiful song!

Stephanie said...

I love his new song!

Can't wait to see the pics....you're getting there :)

Sue said...

Awwwww!

Its A Corny Life... said...

Wow, they must have lowered the price because I rented a doppler last summer from them and it was $40 a month. And of course...2 days after I received it I was re-admitted to the hospital for the remainder of my pregnancy. That figures. Nonetheless... I am SO happy things are going so well! Congratulations!

Joy said...

Very cool about the doppler! I probably won't end up getting one since we have other needs (being my third baby I probably won't have a shower so have to get everything ourselves). But so very cool!

I was thinking girl for myself, too, but lately I think I've changed my mind. Funny how we do that! Can't wait to see what you're having!!!

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

Love reading your blog and updates... I am still so new to blogging, but love reading others stories.
Everyone has a story and so many of them are so touching....
Hope you will stop by for a visit.
The May give-away has started and this month there will be 10 winners.
I will be blogging from Disney World soon...

twondra said...

I love that song! It's one of my favorites.

Glad you got the Doppler. :)

ashley said...

I rented a doppler from stork.radio and am still renting it. Mine is $35 a month and it's been worth every penny. I don't use it much anymore since I can feel her moving in there so I know she's okay. I couldn't find the heartbeat until I was 14 weeks I think. Awesome!!! Have fun listening to it. It's hard not to use it every day!

Molly said...

That is seriously my new favorite song. I pretty much love everything by him!