Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Bad OB

Well, my OB appointment today was not as pleasant as the last ones...

My practice has 4 doctors, all female, and you are encouraged to meet all 4. It is not required, but makes sense to do so. I don't want to be meeting the woman for the first time while she is delivering my child. Anyway, my first two appointments were with the same doc, who I loved. I figured I will have her be my doctor when it comes to the naked stuff, but still should meet the others.

First off, I arrived 5 minutes early for me appointment and still waited nearly 30 minutes in the waiting room. Then, I was taken back, weighed, gave my urine sample and had my blood pressure taken. After that 2 minutes of attention by a nurse, I sat in the room for another 20 minutes. The doctor came in, having never met me before, and got right to it. She asked if I had any questions or concerns. I only asked if it was safe to go on our boat this summer. Thankfully, she said it was fine. She layed me back, listened to the heartbeat for literally 10 seconds and said come back in 4 weeks. I felt..used? I spent an hour there for 5 minutes of care. Needless to say, I will no be making any more appointments with her and can only hope she is not the doctor on call the day I deliver my miracle.

On a much happier note, I felt the baby move a ton today! I was sitting at Cayleighs Irish dance class and felt the babe almost the entire hour. I also felt movement during my sisters birthday dinner this evening.

I have much more to update on..the weekend, birthdays, etc..but am hopping in bed early to snuggle my love and watch Rescue Me.

I almost forgot, here are some late 16 week pics-

Semi-side view

Of course, the best one of the belly shape,
I look horrible in. So, I cropped it. =)

Ahh yes, my beautiful sunburn from the weekend..

16 comments:

Stephanie said...

How exciting...I can really see your belly now :) Precious! I had 7 doctors in my group and had to meet with all of them. I was worried when i met with one that I didn't like that they'd end up being the one there when I delivered..thankfully I was induced all 4 times so I didn't have to worry about it. Hope you luck out and don't get the one you saw today!

jill said...

sorry you had such a yuck appointment! maybe her next delivery will throw up (or worse!) all over her. :) ha! ... and that belly is ADORABLE!

Tiffany said...

I can really see your belly on that side shot. Too cute.

Jennifer said...

that side shot is too cute!! You are going to be one of the cute pregnant ones....where as i look like a beached whale, lol!! Sorry about the rude OB...every practice has one!

Erin a.k.a. Griffin's Mom said...

You are such an inspiration - I love your blog! As for your appointment, sometimes I think doctors get so concerned with their "time" that they rush through and waste a mommmy's time. Every practice has that OB - mine read my ultrasound results (which had some concerns) and he was SO rude about it. Enjoy every minute of being pregnant - and all of those movements are truly a gift!

Sarah said...

Ugh... such a disappointment right? I don't blame you for not wanting to use her again. Your bump is absolutely precious!

Ashley said...

Sorry you had to go through that!! I do love the new belly shots though;) You look so BEAUTIFUL!!

Meant to be a mom said...

I'm glad all is well with you and the baby, but seriously I would so mad if they treated me that way. I don't blame you at all, I wouldn't go back to that doctor either. You deserve better care.

You look great, your prego belly is so cute.

Lucie said...

I have had that happen before! Good thing you met her early on so that you can rule her out and hopefully when you go into labor, she won't be on call!
Does your practice have a midwife? I adored mine both times!!

Your belly is so super cute! Yay for baby movements!!!!

Mrs. Hammer said...

What a waste of your time! I hope the other two Docs are not like that. But in good news, yeah for the wiggly peanut!

Stacey said...

Sorry you had a crappy doctor at your appt. I hate when doctors make you feel rushed and don't spend quality time with you. But on the brighter side I'm glad you are able to feel the peanut moving now! And you belly shots are too cute!

Where's Baby? said...

What cute belly shots?!?! You're precious pregnant! :)

twondra said...

Soooo cute! Sorry about the OB. :( It's hard when you don't like someone...just hope she's not the one to deliver. :)

The sunburn looks like it hurts...ouch!!

Mrs. D. said...

Better luck next time, ugh. Keep your head up!

The Wright Family said...

Think of it this way, short doc visits are boring, which in the world of pregnancy is a good thing. My appointments are never more than a half hour and I like it. Means we're healthy! They will be more and more like that bc they're going to see you more and more often for pretty routine stuff. 20 week and 28 week are longer appointments (sono and glucose test), but that's really the only lengthy appointments I have my whole pregancy.

Fullers1006 said...

I can totally understand about having a bad OB appointment. I remember a midwife that made me wait in the room for over an hour! 8 months prego and waiting around having to pee pee is not fun! Well I hope things go better at your next appointment! You look great can't wait to find out if you are having a boy or a girl!