Monday, May 18, 2009

Anniversary

Today is our kinda-sorta 3rd wedding anniversary. Let me explain..

We got engaged on January 31st, 2006. When we talked to my parents about our upcoming wedding, they requested we wait one year, so they can provide me with our dream wedding. We agreed, but did not want to wait that long to be Mr. and Mrs. Therefore, we went and got married on our own on May 19th, 2006.

On May 18th, 2007, 364 days later, we had a huge wedding celebration that was exactly what we wanted. So, today has been 2 years since our wedding and tomorrow it has been 3 years since we said I do. Make sense?

What day do we celebrate? Whatever we want! We are going to dinner tonight, mainly because we have plans Wednesday night and didn't want to be busy two days in a row.

We have been through a lot in our years together. I am most proud of us weathering the storm of infertility. It has taught us that sometimes you need to drop everything and kiss in the rain.

*******************************

We danced to Little Big Town's "Bring it on Home" on our wedding night. It was meaningful then, but we had no idea how much it would mean now.


"You've got someone here
Wants to make it all right
Someone that loves you more
Than life, right here
You've got willing arms that'll hold you tight
A hand to lead you on through the night, right here
I know your heart can get
All tangled up inside
But don't you keep it to yourself

When your long day is over
And you can barely drag your feet
The weight of the world
Is on your shoulders
I know what you need
Bring it on home to me

You know I know you
Like the back of my hand
You know I'm gonna do
All that I can right here
Gonna lie with you
Till you fall asleep
When the morning comes
I'm still gonna be right here
Yes, I am
(Ooooooooooooo)

So take your worries and
Just drop them at the door
Baby, leave it all behind

When your long day is over
And you can barely drag your feet
The weight of the world
Is on your shoulders
I know what you need
Bring it on home to me

Baby, let me be your safe harbor
Don't let the water come
And carry you away


When your long day is over
And you can barely drag your feet
The weight of the world
Is on your shoulders
I know what you need
Bring it on home to me

Oh, bring it on home
Yeah, bring it on home to me
Home to me
Oh, bring it on, bring it on home
to me

You've got someone here wants
To make it all right
Someone that loves you more
Than life, right here"


*******************************

Peanut-Today is a very special day in Mama and Daddy's life, as it is our 3rd wedding anniversary. On this day, you are still in my belly and in your 15th week of growing. We decided not to exchange gifts this year. Do you know why? YOU are our gift to each other. Becoming parents together is the greatest gift we could ever ask for. Pretty soon, we will no longer be a couple, but a family instead.

My favorite quote is,"The best gift a Father can give to his child, is to love their Mother."

Let me say, you are one lucky baby.

-Mama

15 comments:

Josh and April said...

Well, here's one more thing we have in common! Weird! Happy Anniversary! :)

Meant to be a mom said...

Happy Anniversary to you both.
I agree a baby is by far the most amazing best gift ever.

Joy said...

Love your gift to one another- how precious!!!

Happy Anniversary!

Ashley said...

Happy anniversary!! LOVE THE QUOTE:)

Tiffany said...

How sweet, you made me tear up at the end. Happy Anniversary!

Happily Married said...

Your post brought tears to my eyes & made me think about how much I appreciate my own DH. Happy Anniversary!

Stephanie said...

Happy Anniversary!!!! What a neat story :)

Laura said...

Happy Anniversary!! What a great story you'll be able to tell the lil peanut! :)

Sue said...

Ooh, I have always wondered about the two weddings thing. Thanks for sharing! What was your 2006 ceremony? Oh, and Happy Anniversary!!

Just Caz said...

Congrats on that wonderful milestone, and on the beautiful gift you are giving to each other!

Kelly said...

check out my blog, I gave you an award! :)

Stacey said...

Happy Anniversary. Hope you had a great two days! That sure is one lucky baby to have such great and loving parents.

Tera said...

Happy Anniversary! We celebrated 7 years on May 18th. :)

twondra said...

Happy anniversary! Hope you guys were able to celebrate!!

The Rileys said...

I love that quote. It is very true. Happy Anniversary!