Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Rescue Me, Symptoms, Song

Today is a day I have been looking forward to for months and months. Tonight at 9pm-Rescue Me RETURNS!!!


This is one of our all-time favorite shows. It has been on a hiatus for over a year. Needless to say, we have been looking forward to it coming back for a long time. Plus, we are going to see the star, Denis Leary, at the Chicago Theatre on Saturday. I am really looking forward to it!

I made my second OB appointment as well as the NT scan. I love making plans to see/hear our baby. My OB is connected to a wellness center. They offer tons of services there-exercise classes, a nutritionist, estheticians, lactation consultants, etc. I signed for for a free trial at the prenatal yoga class next Monday. I love yoga but haven't done it in about 6 months. If I love it, I can pay weekly or buy a package. I really want to keep in shape so I have a smooth delivery. I have also heard of a prenatal aquacise class. I am going to try to find out more info on that.

There have been some changes in symptoms. My boobs are still big but much less sore. My upper back has been hurting the past few days. The hunger has kicked in, big time. I am constantly hungry and the cravings are ridiculous. Another reason I need to exercise! I thought I was finally getting some energy back, but I have really been dragging lately. I was having terrible headaches for a while. Now that I got the okay to drink caffeine, they are much less frequent. I have only puked once and it was due to a massive headache. I find myself having to take deep breaths once or twice a day. I consider myself lucky to not have had it too rough this far. However, I find myself even luckier to be experiencing any symptoms at all.

This song sums up how I have been feeling lately. It used to make me sad, yet hopeful when I hear it. Now, it brings a smile to my face.

George Strait-I Saw God Today

"I just walked down the street to the coffee shop
had to take a break
I'd been by her side for eighteen hours straight
I saw a flower growing in the middle of the sidewalk
pushing up through the concrete
like it was planted right there for me to see
the flashin' lights, the honkin' horns
all seemed to fade away
in the shadow of that hospital at 5:08
I saw God today

Chorus:
I've been to church
I've read the book
I know He's here, but I don't look
near as often as I should
Yeah, I know I should
His fingerprints are everywhere
I'd just slow down to stop and stare
opened my eyes and man I swear
I saw God today

I saw a couple walking by they were holding hands
Man, she had that glow
yeah I couldn't help but notice she was starting to show
I stood there for a minute takin' in the sky
lost in that sunset
a splash of amber melted in the shades of red

Chorus

I got my face pressed up against the nursery glass
She's sleeping like a rock
My name on her wrist wearing tiny pink socks
She's got my nose, she's got her mama's eyes
My brand new baby girl
She's a miracle
I saw God today"

By the way, I'm not sure about this "glow" you ladies speak of. I think it is me looking pale, almost translucent, in fact, due to a horrid winter. A winter that does not want to leave and allow Spring to take over. We had snow again this week. I need some sun. ;)

Baby name post coming up. I need your help!

13 comments:

Ashley said...

Erin, I left you something on my blog;)

The Pifer's said...

I can't wait for the baby name post, and sweetie that def. is a GLOW if I've ever seen one :)

Mimi said...

Ooooo, I can't wait for the baby name post!!! I hope I get to do a post like that soon!!

Kami

Stephanie said...

Oh no you definitely have the glow...no doubt about that!!!!

Can't wait for the baby name post...since I can't pick anymore out for myself I love to help :)

Sue said...

LOVE the song!! And yep you have the glow girl! Looking forward to the baby name post.

Stephanie RN BSN (to be!) said...

Baby names...oooh!! I'm excited.

I'd definitely take your hubby along to infant CPR, because you'll never know when you'll need it. It's an awesome skill to have handy.

Hope your week keeps going smoothly (and your glow becomes even more glowing)

amanda said...

i so can not wait for spring here in wisconsin either!! i went to a chiropractor for dustin's pregnancy, that helped with the back pain and my headaches. if you have insurance coverage or can afford chiro. visits i totally recommend them!! can't wait for the names...

Ryan and Stuart said...

Congratulations! I am so very happy for you guys. I look forward to following your pregnancy. Enjoy this special time together; it's so exciting planning for the arrival of your little one.

twondra said...

Oh, it's definitely a glow. :) (((HUGS)))

beth ewing said...

hey girl i left you something on my blog too. it's the same as ashleys.

Josh and April said...

Awww man...I forgot to watch Rescue Me!

Jennifer L said...

I've always said that the pregnancy glow is really just the shine from all the oil pouring out of my skin at the beginning of the pregnancy! Wait a little longer, then it actually becomes a good glow! Hang in there!

Bryce and Erin Williamson said...

Hey girl....
I had to change my blog address and make it private. If you would like to continue reading my blog, please email me your email address and I'll add you to the reader list. erinbwilliamson@yahoo.com

Thanks! :)