Saturday, April 4, 2009

Fabulous Friday

Yesterday was one of those days that kept getting better and better and better...

I got to my OB appointment a bit early to fill out the necessary paperwork. Then, I was taken back and had to give a urine sample. I got undressed and met with a midwife first. She was shocked I went through IVF so young. She was more shocked when I told her it took us 25 months to conceive. She did a full physical and answered all my questions. She asked if I am going to breastfeed. I told her yes and she said my breasts are perfect to do so. She said they were so perky and nice, she thought they were fake. Haha..This makes me very happy though, as breastfeeding is one of the things I am looking forward to most. She said drinking some caffeine would help with my horrible headaches. I haven't had any since the retrieval, so I have been itching for a Pepsi every once in a while. I mentioned I have been short of breath more often and she said asthma usually acts up with pregnancy. She said to take my inhaler right away if I feel I need to. I think that was everything. I was told to wait and Id be taken over to the ultrasound room.

The ultrasound was amazing, as usual. The baby is perfect and beautiful. I may be biased already. Peanuts heartbeat was super fast-173 beats per minute. I got to listen to the heartbeat longer and stare at our lovebug for quite some time. So, here baby is. He/she is upside down in all the pictures. The black blob on top is my always full bladder, even though I had peed about 30 minutes before. Sorry the pictures are so crappy. I am too lazy to scan them.





After that, I went for bloodwork and had 6 vials drawn. My arm enjoyed the break from bloodwork the past few weeks, so it didnt mind too much. We decided I should have the NT scan performed, since I have an Aunt with Downs Syndrome. I see it as an excuse to see the peanut again. Plus, Tom will be able to come. I need to schedule that for between 11 and 13 weeks. I go back at 13 weeks for my monthly OB check. Sadly, no ultrasounds after that until the big reveal in June.


I called Tom on the way home to give him the run down. I got home a few minutes later and grabbed the mail. Inside was a letter to Tommy from Cook County. I opened it and couldn't believe my eyes. Tom has a testing date for the Police Department!! This is HUGE, really HUGE! Remember, my Dad is a Cook County Sheriff. As long as he passes the written exam in May, he is basically "in" with the County. He will still have to do the physical, oral and polygraph tests, but we know he will pass with flying colors. We are so excited for this opportunity finally coming along. It looks like things are finally looking up in the Robertson home!

The last super great topic I need to cover is my friend Missy's wedding. She is getting married in September and asked me forever ago to stand up in it. I have been stressing about it ever since I got pregnant. I will be 31 weeks pregnant on the day of the wedding. Plus, I was afraid the dresses would be at least $200 plus the expensive alterations will be needed. I was considering telling her I couldn't be in it, but wanted to give it a chance first. Anyway, last night we went to Davids Bridal and had the best time! It took us 3 hours, but we were able to find her dream dress and a beautiful bridesmaid dress that is complimentary and only $115! They had me use a bump pillow to decide what size I needed to order. They are ordering me a 14 so they can adjust it accordingly as the wedding gets closer. I loved every second of wearing that pillow. I kept the dress on the entire time she was trying her dresses. But in my defense, I have wanted this bump for years and I liked pretending for a while! Now, I am no longer stressed about the money/dress issue and instead extremely excited to be the cute pregnant woman in a wedding. Ill be sure to pull the photographer to the side and get a free maternity shoot in. Just kidding..kinda. :)

Here I am in all my glory. Man, I look tired!

I wish every Friday was like yesterday. I just noticed our little baby on the side of our blog. It actually look like a baby now. Yay! 9 week belly shot and info coming tomorrow!

PS-Does anyone need Endometrin? I have some left over that expire in 2/10. I will no be using them before that and would love to donate them. Please let me know. I dont want to throw them away!

15 comments:

Stephanie RN BSN (to be!) said...

I'm so happy for you that things are going so well. You look adorable with a baby bump (even if it was just a pillow)!

Alyssa said...

That's a really nice dress :)

Stephanie said...

What a great update!!
I'm so glad everything is going so good for you!!
Love the bump ;)

Emily said...

That is such a cute dress - and will be super cute with a pregnant belly in it! What an awesome day!

Wishing Tom good luck on his test!!

Kelly said...

Cute dress...you will make a very cute pregnant girl! :) I am happy for you that you had such a good day! Are you going to find out the sex of the baby?

Christa @ Quintooples said...

YEAY!!!! Great ultrasound pictures! I LOVE the dress! :)

~Christa
www.quintooples.com

jill said...

yayayay for tom! and an even bigger YAY for the peanut! you look adorable with a bump ... i can't wait to see the real thing!

G & H said...

You look so beautiful with your belly bump! :) Very creative way to figure it out!

twondra said...

Awwww, you sound so happy and look so happy in the picture (not tired at all :)). So happy for you guys!!

Bri said...

Hi! It's funny, we did the tri-screen too, and secretly one of my reasons was an excuse to see the baby again :o) I work in special ed though too and wanted to have the peace of mind of the test too. We just felt like it was better to be prepared.

So glad that all is going so well!!!

Sue said...

Awwww, what a cute peanut! Love the ultrasound pics! And yay for your hubby, that is good news indeed. Best of luck to him on the written test. Oh, and GREAT dress, you do look adorable with the cute bump!

Ashley said...

What a wonderful day!!! I love the dress and it looks pefect with that cute bump;) Can't wait to see belly pics. I hope your Sunday is going great as well!!

Sugar and Ice said...

Congratulations to your husband and his impending new position!

Also, I am happy to hear of your choice to breastfeed your little peanut. I have breastfed my three daughters (1 singleton and a set of twins), and it is something I wholeheartedly support and encourage for other moms for many, many reasons. If you have any questions or need advice on that matter, please feel free to email me.

Tiffany said...

You are too stinkin' cute! Love the dress with the bump, and your peanut.

Abby said...

I also had a friend at about 30+ weeks in my wedding a few years ago and we did a simalar thing of just ordering a little bigger dress. Ened up only having to take the shoulders in a tad and we did that at home.

One thing that I did for her (since it was an out side in June in Orlando wedding=hot hot hot) I decorated a chair really nice so she could sit down during the wedding. The poor girls piggies were so swollen!
You might ask your friend to consider having something for you to do the same. She didn't sit really until the end but she was so thankful I thought of that for her.

BTW you looked great in the dress extra bump and all! ;)

Congrats!!