Thursday, March 19, 2009

Silly Convo

I forgot to share this short conversation that took place on the way home from the parade-

A little info to better understand..Mikey is my almost 10 year old nephew. Nina is his aunt on his moms side, who has been married for a year longer than us. Her husband has a son, who is 16.

Me:Mikey, doesn't Auntie Nina want kids?
Mikey:Uhh, I don't know.
Me:I thought she would want her own kids by now.
Mikey:How do you make a baby anyway?

I look at Tom with an "Oh crap" kinda look. What do I say?

Mikey:You take shots, right?
Me:Yep, that's what you do.

Phew, crisis averted. We are REALLY messing with my niece and nephews minds. They are going to go to school one day and talk about how they got to give Auntie Erin shots to make cousins. Sigh..

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I am sicker today than yesterday. Fortunately, I am off all day tomorrow. I'm going to the chiropractor in the morning. Our ultrasound appointment is at 11am. If I feel well enough, we plan on going on an afternoon date. Well see if I am up to it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

For those asking about Delaney-thank you! She had her ultrasound Tuesday and we are waiting the results. I am hoping they call tomorrow, so we don't have to wait until next week.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A lot of my blog buddies have been doing Q&A sessions on their blog. Ive really enjoyed reading all the answers. You learn a lot about the person. So, I am going to give it a try. Ask anything you want..about our relationship, families, infertility struggle, future parenting plans, etc. I promise to be honest and open, as I have been since day 1. :)

11 comments:

The Pifer's said...

OMG that convo was so funny--haha!!!!! :)

Stephanie said...

Oh that's too cute..love how you covered :)

Kerri said...

I just came across your blog and noticed that you just recently went through what I am going through right now. I got my long-awaited BFP only to find out my hCG levels weren't rising properly (138 to 313 in 4 days). But then I went back in 48 hours, and they rose properly the second time. Now I have to wait a week for the ultrasound. I could totally relate to your post about how you would relive every negative pregnancy test times 2 years rather than go through that 48 hour period again- that's EXACTLY how I felt. But I am still nervous now and will be until our ultrasound. Did your doctors say anything about why your levels might've started off so slow and then started rising normally?

The Patterson's said...

So cute! I mean, that is how you get pregnant, right? Nothing else has seemed to work - ha! Looking forward to hearing how your next ultrasound goes!

Tiffany said...

Hehehe too cute. We had the same sort of thing come up. I announced to Serena (my cousin's daughter) that I was pregnant. She said "I know.." I said how? She said well because you were taking the shots. She saw my cousin give me a shot and we told her it was to have a baby. She just assumed that the shots work, ahhh if only they always did. Delaney is in my thoughts and prayers. I didn't get that package out and we are leaving to Las Vegas tomorrow, but I will send it to you when I get back.

Gill said...

That is the cutest convo! LOL too sweet!

Good Luck with your Ultrasound and hope your Sis is ok :)

twondra said...

That is cute. :)

Here are a couple questions. :) How did you and hubby meet? If you had to, would you go through IVF again?

beth ewing said...

too cute. oh the honesty of kids. they take things are face value.

Robyn said...

I have only commented once before, but I am a big fan of your blog. I have a question...I have a friend who struggling with infertility and I am a mother of two. Our friendship is really suffering, she just seems to push me away. is there anything I can do? I was hoping since you went through the same struggles as her you could help!

Ashley said...

LOVE THAT!!! My only question would be how do you respond when people ask "Why would you do IVF when you are soooo young?" I hate that question;)

Sue said...

I love your blog! I have a couple questions. I would love to know how you and your hubby met, when did you know he was the one, and how'd he propose? I love all the mushy stuff like that. (My husband proposed sooooooo terribly UNromantically so I love to hear others' stories.) Also, it looks like you guys are always doing cool stuff--where do you come up with all the ideas to go have fun? Maybe I'm stuck b/c I'm 31 now and out of the loop. Oh, and how many more kids do you plan on trying for? I don't blame you for already thinking about #2, I think it's only natural.

Blessings for a happy and uneventful pregnancy!!